Pick girlfriend up at the airport

Reaction score
crashdietguy said:
I'm 19 now, since 2 days. :D I will not meet her at the airport, and since I've followed all (sound) advice this site has offered since I began dating her (and it's gone really well so far), I will not give her a rose. I will give her my awesome gift-certificate though, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. ;)

Rescue Mission, what you say is probably true, but damn it's hard to wrap my head around it at this point. She is fvcking awesome, and I know she's really into me. I know I'm young and naive (and a raging sea of love hormones), but is it really doomed to fail? I know most HS relationships fail at some point, but fvck it, if I play by the DJ rules this LTR should have a chance. Props for your insight man, even if it's tough love. :)

Thanks for the input guys.
Hey what I am saying is, don't take her seriously with your heart until you guys have been dating together for YEARS......plus, it helps if both of you have had prior experience, because these days, no one stays with their very first girlfriend/boyfriend. Seriously, your biggest mistake ever would be to fully commit to her with your heart. Otherwise, enjoy everything else about her!

Joser590

Don Juan
Reaction score
crashdietguy said:
I'm 19 now, since 2 days. :D I will not meet her at the airport, and since I've followed all (sound) advice this site has offered since I began dating her (and it's gone really well so far), I will not give her a rose. I will give her my awesome gift-certificate though, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. ;)

Rescue Mission, what you say is probably true, but damn it's hard to wrap my head around it at this point. She is fvcking awesome, and I know she's really into me. I know I'm young and naive (and a raging sea of love hormones), but is it really doomed to fail? I know most HS relationships fail at some point, but fvck it, if I play by the DJ rules this LTR should have a chance. Props for your insight man, even if it's tough love. :)

Enjoy every minute of it but try to keep those feelings in check. Anytime you feel like pulling a Tom Cruise and letting all your feelings pour out, just take a step back, take a deep breath and put things into perspective. Keep us posted and lots of luck.

Hullothere

Don Juan
Reaction score
crashdietguy said:

most likely yes. but dont worry about it. god himself could come down and tell you that you will eventually break up and you probably won't believe it. your emotions are always really strong for a first love and going crazy since you have never had all these hormones going off in your body. i liken it to trying a drug for the first time.. :D

fatdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
crashdietguy said:

Why are you so intent on giving her a gift? Are you not good enough for her you need to be giving her material things? After being away for a week or whatever, if she's into you, she'll be happy to see YOU, not what you can buy her. If she's not that into you, you're only prolonging your suffering by buying her affection with these gifts.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're gonna reward her for coming back from a trip that she's supposed to come back from anyway???

As soon as you start doing that, she's going to start expect gifts for the most ridiculous reasons ever.

"Hey sweetheart, I used the potty all by myself and even flushed... where's my gift certificate?"

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, okey guys, you've helped me realize that I'm slipping into AFC-mode here. :up: When we see each other in the evening of her return, she'll give me my birthday presents. After that, I'm gonna reward her by saying "Lay on the bed, stomach down. I'm gonna give you a looong, good massage..."

See, when she mentioned she'd bought me birthday gifts, I said I had a nice little thing for her because she's awesome to buy me gifts. But hey, a massage counts as a nice little thing too, I guess. Let's just hope she doesn't expect a golden Aston Martin Vanquish. ;)

You guys are golden. I ain't slipping this easy again.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crashdietguy said:
Haha, okey guys, you've helped me realize that I'm slipping into AFC-mode here. :up: When we see each other in the evening of her return, she'll give me my birthday presents. After that, I'm gonna reward her by saying "Lay on the bed, stomach down. I'm gonna give you a looong, good massage..."
And then toss her salad, girls love that.