"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

phone phobia. anyone else?

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
whenever i get a girls number, i never call. and no, i'm not scared or nervous, i just hate talking on the phone. or i might just be lazy. anyone else have the same problem?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Tails
whenever i get a girls number, i never call. and no, i'm not scared or nervous, i just hate talking on the phone. or i might just be lazy. anyone else have the same problem?
You are getting more annoying for every post you make.
 

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
that's what i'm here for :)
 

SxyPlayette

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
Dirthy South
sure if thats what u call it these days

that so.. doesn't make any sense. No.1 U'd only ask a girl for her number if u thought she was cute and wanted something or no2. u just wanted to boost u're confidence & u'll throw it. But if u keep it & u don't call her u're chicken or u weren't really interested cuz u probably didn't get a hot girls number. Its that simple.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

SxyPlayette

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
Dirthy South
just call them if they sound cool meet them, if not stop calling. If u meet them and their not u're type be nice, go into friends mode and hopefully u'll meet her friends and she'll find someone else. Its a win win situation, and its far better than nothing.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Re: sure if thats what u call it these days

Originally posted by SxyPlayette
that so.. doesn't make any sense. No.1 U'd only ask a girl for her number if u thought she was cute and wanted something or no2. u just wanted to boost u're confidence & u'll throw it. But if u keep it & u don't call her u're chicken or u weren't really interested cuz u probably didn't get a hot girls number. Its that simple.
This is a forum where we try to be ADULT and write in an ADULT MANNER thus stop writing "u", "no2", "u're" or any other stupid fcktard kidsabbreviations before I hunt you down and put you in jail with sexoffenders. Thank you very much.
 

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
This is a forum where we try to be ADULT and write in an ADULT MANNER thus stop writing "u", "no2", "u're" or any other stupid fcktard kidsabbreviations before I hunt you down and put you in jail with sexoffenders. Thank you very much.
Wow.

Can you be that anal?

I myself hate anal, but anyhew I feel that if you use "U" instead of "you"...you don't have to be arrested and taken to prison.

On the otherhand some of the terms used are a bit bad to use.

Can't we all just get along? ...ok ok that is a little old. Its rodney king come on now!

whenever i get a girls number, i never call. and no, i'm not scared or nervous, i just hate talking on the phone. or i might just be lazy. anyone else have the same problem?
Now, Tails - heres the dizzle.

I used to get that stomach aching ball breaking feeling that I was going to screw something up once and get on the phone and something will happen to ruin it.

I got over this by simply overcoming my anxiety and just said you know what I gotta do this sometime to get to the next LEVEL.

Trust me, once you get on the phone it is NOTHING like your anticipating.

Hope this helps.

PEACE
 

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
I'm not great talking to chicks on the phone, till I get to know them. I think its the same for a lot of people, because your not looking at each other face to face you have to rely on words to make the conversation work. (i.e. no smiling/body language).

Strange really because I enjoy talking on the phone generally, I think its just fear of failure again I'm afraid.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

showtime17

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Amsterdam
Yeah I dont like talking to on the phone either. However one of the reasons might be that I always get the answering machine and when I call again, once again I get the answering machine. :(
 

GropeDope

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
The main reason why I don't like talking on the phone with a chick for the first time is because for some ****in reason my voice sounds a little high pitched on the phone and not the same as it does in person (people tell me this all the time). I have to live with it though there's no way around that for me and I'm not going to fake my phone voice by making it sound deeper.

Sounds like your main problem is the fear of how they will react. That's cause you don't know them well enough yet. Keep the inital phone calls brief and light.. make plans to meet up and be around them IN PERSON so you can get used to them and feel more comfortable in person, that way you won't give much a **** about talking to them on the phone. Don't think before you call the first time either because that has the potential to screw you up even more. Go with the flow it's really simple once you get the ball rolling I promise. Most phone calls are just about bull**** anyway. Have some balls and go after that puss. Rejection don't hurt that much wtf do you have to be afraid of?
 

SxyPlayette

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
Dirthy South
Re: Re: sure if thats what u call it these days

Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
This is a forum where we try to be ADULT and write in an ADULT MANNER thus stop writing "u", "no2", "u're" or any other stupid fcktard kidsabbreviations before I hunt you down and put you in jail with sexoffenders. Thank you very much.
"u" know what apart from the fact that u appear to quite dumb, I've been a member of this community since 02 so if a *face like u thinks he can just come out of no where and start cussing me for no reason, because I'm trying to give a guy considering u are here and u're not getting any. pls go and * u'reself.

Btw I got into college at 16 and I'll be out nxt may and then I'm going into law school, how about "u" smarty pants?
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Re: Re: Re: sure if thats what u call it these days

Originally posted by SxyPlayette
"u" know what apart from the fact that u appear to quite dumb, I've been a member of this community since 02 so if a *face like u thinks he can just come out of no where and start cussing me for no reason, because I'm trying to give a guy considering u are here and u're not getting any. pls go and * u'reself.

Btw I got into college at 16 and I'll be out nxt may and then I'm going into law school, how about "u" smarty pants?
You don't even write coherent sentences.... I have no need to go into an argument over this with you since I'm clearly several levels above you in intelligence. I'm happy for you, law-school is not bad at all. It's pretty boring though and actually not even hard, it's all about remembering crap.

I don't care how long you've been in this community really since you're obviously an ignorant kid. Try harder! When I think about it you actually sound and write like a girl. One of those tryhard girls that require attention and hates criticism, one of those that gets all hyped up if they get anything in life right. How's that working out for you?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

_XT_

Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
New Zealand
I don't mind talking to chicks on the phone, I keep it shorter than 20 minutes. But I hate it when all I get is the damn answer phone, you leave them a message and instead of calling back they try to initiate a text message conversation instead.... grrrrrr
 
Top