Personality over looks? Which one really triumphs - Current situation

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"The reason is simple: No matter how good-looking someone is, you will get tired of them eventually if they have no personality and a room-temperature IQ. Also, physical attraction has to do with intellectual stimulation, so an average woman who's smart and fun will start to look more attractive."

EXACTLY my point, THANK YOU!!

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are saying that if a guy whether he is ugly or not dresses well and has good convo or is fun, girls will notice him and eventually be attracted to him????

Correct me if i'm wrong. Plus, what kind of girls would these girls be. Please reply

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you like her then go for it.

Looks fade fast. Faster if she doesn't have a good personality.

Remember this. No matter how good looking your gf is, there will always be another chick that you are going to think is hotter.
Its a never ending cycle.

Snigbert

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of all the fukkyn cop-out statements to make this has to be at the top. Its an old adage that has been recycled by 'guttless sheep' from time in memorial.

As opposed to the 'looks are all that count' attitude you have, which is prevelant among high school kids whose idea of a hot date involves a bottle of hand lotion and the latest issue of Hustler?

ColdNight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a few discussions going on here. My take is that PROVIDING she meets your baseline requirements for looks (as in, is able to jostle your crotch) then you judge purely on personality after that.

Also, it is true that women become more attractive as you get to know them - and those additional attraction points only come from her personality.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Really depends on the girl. Some girls dont consider looks as important as others.

Some only judge on looks alone etc.

But some of the most pickiest girls i know are the average ones! Some of the most attractive girls i know, some models dont rank looks that high, but other factors such as how nice they are etc.

i find i can pick up 8's sometimes but get rejected by 6's! its a weird world out there.

Avsguy01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im kinda in the same boat right now with all of this. Im dating this girl that is about a 6. She is pretty short too. She is short, sweet and petite :) My initial feelings toward her were "friends" and just didnt think i would be dating her. The last 4 or 5 girls ive dated have been atleast 7's for looks ,but honestly have turned out to be cold, boring, or arrogant *****es. This girl im dating now is awesome. We started out as friends and i kinda just fell into a relationship with her recently. She has a wonderful personality, is smart, thinks on the same intellectual level as me, and seems pretty outgoing. I really enjoy her company. Then my dad the other night was telling me about how he just didnt picture her the way he thought. He had been used to me bringing home pretty smokin blondes and such.....lol I told him, you know what though them blondes and pretty girls just didnt have a really good personality. I dont know what it is but this 6 to me just feels like a good LTR material. Oh another thing, when we kiss it is out of this world. She is the best kisser i have ever had. Cant wait to find out how she is in bed :) I guess what im trying to say is looks arent always everything. Personality means so much more and is something that lasts too. If you can get both then the much better, but its hard to find. Me i feel pretty damn happy with my new girl even though shes only a 6 or so.