Partner of 9 years lied to me about smoking

rando5495

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your problem? How is that a leftist way if calling my GF a partner .... any legal document that you complete asks if your married, divorced, partner etc...... doesn't state girlfriend
Nevermind the autists. Your best bet is probably to get her on the e-cigarettes.

I started smoking when I was about 13 or 14. Quit cold turkey and with patches. These things don't address the main problems of quitting smoking: that being the activity itself is enjoyable. Quitting cold turkey is enough to make you climb the walls, and patches make your dreams lsd potent. It's quite messed up either way, and just trying to explain what she is probably experiencing.

With e-cigs, you even get a better pull than is regularly possible. So much smoke that I could be sending you this message in smoke signals, Tonto style. You can also get these pens which you can smoke on the sly in pubs and stuff like that. Just no reason to bother with normal fags. There's just some initial cost and research which is a pain. Take her to a good shop. There's this one near me which has a very nice atmosphere, plays edm chillout music, sort of like a relaxing cafe. They are only too happy for you to sit, relax, converse, and try out all their products completelely free.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she is using Crack too?

Dude you need to chill the fvck out... You cannot force her to quit.. Nicotine is HIGHLY addictive.

Encourage or help her to quit, but no need to dump her over something like this.

You need to worry when she starts taking random DIKS... Cigarette smoking shouldn't mean the end of your relationship.

Maybe your a control freak? And enjoy throwing down ultimatums over the slightest thing.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol

U can't change anyone.
If you want a non smoking partner then have some self esteem and standards and only date not smoking people.

Trying to change anyone, by persuasion, ultimatum or coercion is going to leave you with A LOT of wasted time dating someone you are not compatible with. You will look back and feel like an idiot for trying to change someone from who they really are.

Ridiculous #next!

Last edited:

rando5495

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she is using Crack too?

Dude you need to chill the fvck out... You cannot force her to quit.. Nicotine is HIGHLY addictive.

Encourage or help her to quit, but no need to dump her over something like this.

You need to worry when she starts taking random DIKS... Cigarette smoking shouldn't mean the end of your relationship.

Maybe your a control freak? And enjoy throwing down ultimatums over the slightest thing.
I agree. Bit OTT.

Take her on a day out to the e-cig store and around town instead.

Matt3029

Reaction score
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking, I don't want to control her but wanted the truth ... her mates all knew she smoked and I felt like that were laughing behind my back regarding this situation ...thats the most hurtful part of this...

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Epic Days

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking,
Again. The lie isn’t all that important. You will never find a woman on this planet who does not lie or tells all. You are applying male moral codes to women.

Secondly. The more you put stress on her about smoking, the more she will be addicted. The more that she will have to hide it.
Only someone who has been addicted to nicotine understands this phenomena.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking, I don't want to control her but wanted the truth ... her mates all knew she smoked and I felt like that were laughing behind my back regarding this situation ...thats the most hurtful part of this...
Being lied to sucks, being lied to by you SO sucks even more. You either leave her and break free from the lies and emotional pain from it, or stay and continue to wonder if she's gonna lie again. It's hard to look at a person with respect and trust after situations like this. The balls in your court!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeez is he really going to leave her, because she lied about smoking? Offcourse she lied, its not something she would have been proud of doing behind OPS back!

Addictions make a person do crazy things, including lying about the addiction.

She probably felt under pressure from op to quit, but some addictions are too strong and not that easy to break off.

OP should have chosen the path of being supportive.

Here is some breaking news op... Woman lie about shyte ALL of the time.

What you gonna do, stay single for the rest of your life, incase some chick lies to you.

She isn't sucking randon DIKS here Bruv.

I'm a very clean living guy, other than the odd drink on the weekend.

I hit the gym, eat clean... Yet I have had LTRs with chicks who have vaped or even smoked.

I don't give a fuk.. Its her lungs... I generally encourage them to move on to vapes.

But I never lay down ultimatums.