"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Partner of 9 years lied to me about smoking

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Lol

U can't change anyone.
If you want a non smoking partner then have some self esteem and standards and only date not smoking people.

Trying to change anyone, by persuasion, ultimatum or coercion is going to leave you with A LOT of wasted time dating someone you are not compatible with. You will look back and feel like an idiot for trying to change someone from who they really are.

Ridiculous #next!
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Matt3029

New Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
44
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking, I don't want to control her but wanted the truth ... her mates all knew she smoked and I felt like that were laughing behind my back regarding this situation ...thats the most hurtful part of this...
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking,
Again. The lie isn’t all that important. You will never find a woman on this planet who does not lie or tells all. You are applying male moral codes to women.

Secondly. The more you put stress on her about smoking, the more she will be addicted. The more that she will have to hide it.
Only someone who has been addicted to nicotine understands this phenomena.
 

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,084
It's not the fact that she smoked which I don't like but it's up to her , the thing that I am struggling with is that she lied to me about smoking, I don't want to control her but wanted the truth ... her mates all knew she smoked and I felt like that were laughing behind my back regarding this situation ...thats the most hurtful part of this...
Being lied to sucks, being lied to by you SO sucks even more. You either leave her and break free from the lies and emotional pain from it, or stay and continue to wonder if she's gonna lie again. It's hard to look at a person with respect and trust after situations like this. The balls in your court!
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
Jeez is he really going to leave her, because she lied about smoking? Offcourse she lied, its not something she would have been proud of doing behind OPS back!

Addictions make a person do crazy things, including lying about the addiction.

She probably felt under pressure from op to quit, but some addictions are too strong and not that easy to break off.

OP should have chosen the path of being supportive.

Here is some breaking news op... Woman lie about shyte ALL of the time.

What you gonna do, stay single for the rest of your life, incase some chick lies to you.

She isn't sucking randon DIKS here Bruv.

I'm a very clean living guy, other than the odd drink on the weekend.

I hit the gym, eat clean... Yet I have had LTRs with chicks who have vaped or even smoked.

I don't give a fuk.. Its her lungs... I generally encourage them to move on to vapes.

But I never lay down ultimatums.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top