"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Outer motivation?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
There is a girl who inspires me to become more than I am. Her very thought makes me lose all interest in the pathetic activities I call hobbies.

I am chasing other girls. I do have more girls than I know what to do with. I do live the marvelous life a DJ is destined to live. But nothing, nothing, has ever been able to reduce what I do to some sort of boring mundane activity. An achievement reduced to nothing.

I have the same effect on her.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

kiz

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Age
39
uhh...can you go more indepth into how she makes all your hobbies seem so trivial? doesn't seem too great but i can see your side. a dj should have hobbies but also goals and a passion.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Hmm..

What are some of your hobbies? Some of your achievements?

Also, what exactly is it about her that makes you think that way of your hobbies?


I think that a real achievement is going up against all possible odds, and still coming out on top by sheer willpower and determination.

Just my thoughts.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
My oneitis had that effect on me. She made me want to do better. But now that I've kinda lost it, I can only depend on myself, which is how it really is in life you know. you really only have yourself to depend on because that is the only person you can control. Others...can fuk you over anytime. I'm not saying it will happen, but resting the essence of your very being with a girl is not a good idea man. GL lik
 

October

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Hawaii
Hmm...
I don't want to sound dumb or anything...but isn't it a good thing if this girl makes you want to be better? The second girl I had made me realize all of my insecurities, all of my weaknesses, and how I lacked real confidence. And after we dropped the whole thing, I kept improving and vowed to get better. But I just wouldn't do all of this just to impress someone,because that's the stupidest thing ever. If she makes your hobbies seem boring, I think that either you aren't dedicated enough to them or you don't like them as much as you think you do. But if you have the same effect on her, you must be pretty ****ing good as well.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Another exciting addition to your story Lik. Enjoy it.
 
Top