Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Out of Curiosity: How do the Frat Boys Do It?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. My cut has been going quite well. I was struggling before, but now I’m consistently able to lose weight again. I did it by counting calories, eating within a 4-6 hour window, doing fasting, and cutting out alcohol. I limit myself to a couple drinks on Friday and Saturday each. Taking you guys’ advice on reducing that alcohol intake has been one of the best things that I’ve ever done for my physique.

Reducing alcohol was the biggest thing for me. When I was drinking more heavily, I couldn’t lose weight to save my life. I was doing 2-3 hours of cardio a day too, and I couldn’t lose a single pound because all of the alcohol calories would literally cancel out my deficit. I’ve learned that alcohol is the Devil when it comes to dieting, it is basically the anti-gainz. I have to constantly turn down alcohol other than my 2-4 drinks a week because I know if I start drinking more, it will be impossible to lose weight.

So that got me thinking: how is it that some people, (like frat boys for instance) are able to drink every single day, knocking back shots and drinking several beers throughout the day while still building/maintaining six pack abs and having big muscles? Drinking every day is not an exaggeration, I’ve lived with some frat boys in the past. Indeed, we know that women are drawn to the carefree, fun having, excess drinking frat boy stereotype. But I’ve found that it’s impossible to build a nice physique when living that kind of lifestyle. So in my opinion, you have to choose. For me, I’m choosing to drink in moderation so I can have some of the best of both worlds.

So with the frat boys, I’m amazing at how some of them are able to drink like that without getting a huge beer belly. I know that not ALL frat boys have big muscles and abs while drinking heavily, it’s somewhat of an exaggeration from the movies. But it does happen. And it’s absolutely blowing my mind because when I drank more, that alcohol completely canceled out my fat loss results and I made zero gainz for months.

So I was wondering, could anyone explain this phenomenon? It is blowing my mind. The only thing I can think of is that they’re burning off soooo many calories from sports and stuff that the drinking doesn’t affect them. Though, I don’t think that is practical for most, and I definitely was unable to outtrain all that drinking. Moderation is the best solution for me, but I was wondering: can anyone explain how this occurs?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steroids. Next question.
I'm laughing, but I also think there's a lot of truth to this.

I think people hopping on PEDs, steroids, and sarms are very common these days.

Which I have no intention of doing, at least until I build up my base more.

So the fact remains, that for me, to have my perfect body and thus my perfect life, I have to drink in moderation like I've been doing.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. My cut has been going quite well. I was struggling before, but now I’m consistently able to lose weight again. I did it by counting calories, eating within a 4-6 hour window, doing fasting, and cutting out alcohol. I limit myself to a couple drinks on Friday and Saturday each. Taking you guys’ advice on reducing that alcohol intake has been one of the best things that I’ve ever done for my physique.

Reducing alcohol was the biggest thing for me. When I was drinking more heavily, I couldn’t lose weight to save my life. I was doing 2-3 hours of cardio a day too, and I couldn’t lose a single pound because all of the alcohol calories would literally cancel out my deficit. I’ve learned that alcohol is the Devil when it comes to dieting, it is basically the anti-gainz. I have to constantly turn down alcohol other than my 2-4 drinks a week because I know if I start drinking more, it will be impossible to lose weight.

So that got me thinking: how is it that some people, (like frat boys for instance) are able to drink every single day, knocking back shots and drinking several beers throughout the day while still building/maintaining six pack abs and having big muscles? Drinking every day is not an exaggeration, I’ve lived with some frat boys in the past. Indeed, we know that women are drawn to the carefree, fun having, excess drinking frat boy stereotype. But I’ve found that it’s impossible to build a nice physique when living that kind of lifestyle. So in my opinion, you have to choose. For me, I’m choosing to drink in moderation so I can have some of the best of both worlds.

So with the frat boys, I’m amazing at how some of them are able to drink like that without getting a huge beer belly. I know that not ALL frat boys have big muscles and abs while drinking heavily, it’s somewhat of an exaggeration from the movies. But it does happen. And it’s absolutely blowing my mind because when I drank more, that alcohol completely canceled out my fat loss results and I made zero gainz for months.

So I was wondering, could anyone explain this phenomenon? It is blowing my mind. The only thing I can think of is that they’re burning off soooo many calories from sports and stuff that the drinking doesn’t affect them. Though, I don’t think that is practical for most, and I definitely was unable to outtrain all that drinking. Moderation is the best solution for me, but I was wondering: can anyone explain how this occurs?
I think it's just genetics. I don't drink like a frat boy but I can have a few beers a day if I want and I don't gain weight and stay very low body fat. I've always found it almost impossible to gain weight. To even reach the 'overweight' category I would literally have to eat until I was in pain at least five times a day. But in some ways it's bad because it means I don't watch my diet like I should and in the long run beer and other high calorie junk food is unhealthy.

Billtx49

Reaction score

Contrary to popular opinion, many men join a frat only for the brotherhood, weekend parties, events, and social hookups, etc. Not much more booze intake than any other student, but that depends on each man’s priorities. A more active lifestyle and high metabolism keep weight in check.
I do have personal knowledge of a certain TKE house that had a beer vending machine available 24 hours per day on the back porch tho…

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Health is marathon, not a sprint
Those so called Frat boys that you’re envious about, will age to become fat slobs.
Keep up your lifestyle because believe me, you’ll have the last laugh.
I’m 50 and witness it first hand. I have a chest while there‘s became biatch tits.
Focus on yourself!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take note too each body works diferently, some will have the bulkyer build without effort, and some will look like a slim even pigging out, raise hands if you never did know someone who is alwyas eating and is still slim?

if you are not he slim don't matter what, or the strong "without" effort, you will need to figure out what will work and do so

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score

There are likely several factors. 1) They created a solid base way before beginning their more indulgent lifestyle. 2) Their specific genetics deposit fat differently. In the beginning stages of metabolic disfunction, some may store fat on the outside working inward. Some deposit from the inside out, i.e. fatty liver, fat around the heart and kidneys etc. The inside out crowd are the ones that as they get older, become skinny fat. 3) They may slow some of the deleterious effects by being on point in their workouts, nutrition and rest during their times of not partying. Having said that, they're certainly not muscular and ripped as they could be if they were to cut back or abstain. The consequences may take several years to show themselves, but they will.

If you're not going to abstain scroll down to the bottom of this link to "How I drink alcohol. https://www.ancestralsupplements.com/about-us.html

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, frat boys are around 18-22 and at that age your body can handle quite a lot. They probably have decent to good genetics for muscle, athleticism, etc. and because of their age it doesn't show as much. There are plenty of people that will tell you stories from college years of getting flat out wasted and/or high as a kite and be totally fine the next day lol.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think most frat boys are raging alcoholics. when I was in college I had a group of friends that worked out and played sports in our spare time. We would lift... go to class... go play basketball, flag football or baseball... and often times workout again. I also never tracked my steps back then but walking around campus probably put on a few miles. I don’t think we realize when we are younger how many calories we are actually burning. I would guess most days thru activities.. I was probably burning over 1500 calories. Throw that on top of my resting metabolic rate and I’m probably close to burning 4K calories... just to function.

there were guys in college that got a jump start on old age. They drank.. ate like garbage ... watched tv... played video games.... smoked week... and I can assure you after a few months of this. They did not look jacked.

once most people graduate they start a desk job.... and spend 8-10 hours behind a desk. They usually have an hour or so of commuting to work.. and are lucky to even get a workout in. So if they try living like a frat boy... they will balloon up in no time.

I am now 41 and still can eat and drink whatever I want... but I also lift hard 5 days a week... and log over 50 miles running every week... I also make an effort to walk anywhere I can. So if you stay insanely active you can eat garbage... and still look awesome but you will feel like crap.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which I have no intention of doing, at least until I build up my base more.
Smart move... No point in starting until you have a solid base. Also, I'd wait until you're 26 to start. Your brain isn't done developing until around that time. No point in messing with your endocrine system while it's still developing.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people also have a high metabolism. Like me. I eat all day most days and don’t gain, only when I eat really high calorie dense meals can I gain. Either junk food (but then I feel sh!tty) or tons of peanut butter and coconut oil

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like me. I eat all day most days and don’t gain, only when I eat really high calorie dense meals can I gain. Either junk food (but then I feel sh!tty) or tons of peanut butter and coconut oil
Have you tried putting pb and avocados in smoothies and drink a few of those in between your meals?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried putting pb and avocados in smoothies and drink a few of those in between your meals?
No but that sounds awful. Plus I don’t eat too many avocados as I’m afraid I’ll OD on potassium. Plus cleaning blenders take so much time. But I can add avocados to more meals I suppose as long as it’s not too many

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No but that sounds awful.
I mean, add them to a smoothie with bananas, or berries and other things. Not just solely those two ingredients. I drink two smoothies a day(pre and post workout). I put in 200ml of egg whites(roughly 25g protein), 1/4cup of oatmeal and 1/4 of rice(both of which are instant, and cooked), frozen berries and pineapples, vitamin powder, chicken collagen, 1tbsp of swerve sweetener and a scoop of protein powder (24g protein). You can do something like this with higher fat ingredients added. You can easily make a smoothie over 1000 calories. I use a ninja cup style blender. Cleaning is easy.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, add them to a smoothie with bananas, or berries and other things. Not just solely those two ingredients. I drink two smoothies a day(pre and post workout). I put in 200ml of egg whites(roughly 25g protein), 1/4cup of oatmeal and 1/4 of rice(both of which are instant, and cooked), frozen berries and pineapples, vitamin powder, chicken collagen, 1tbsp of swerve sweetener and a scoop of protein powder (24g protein). You can do something like this with higher fat ingredients added. You can easily make a smoothie over 1000 calories. I use a ninja cup style blender. Cleaning is easy.
Ah ok, thanks I’ll prolly have to

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No but that sounds awful. Plus I don’t eat too many avocados as I’m afraid I’ll OD on potassium. Plus cleaning blenders take so much time. But I can add avocados to more meals I suppose as long as it’s not too many
Oh, dude. I feel your pain. I had to completely stop making protein ice creams cause it was such a b!tch cleaning those blenders every day. I hated it lol.

I refuse to follow a fitness regimen where I have to clean a blender every single day.

So, if I want a protein shake, I just make it in a protein shaker that takes 30 seconds to clean. If I want ice cream, I’ll just work it into my calories at the end of the day. Then I don’t have to do all of that cleanup.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is poison. Do not try to rationalize the facts. The limitation is 2 drinks per day. You would be better served to not drink daily at all (while still not passing 2 drinks on special occasions).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I refuse to follow a fitness regimen where I have to clean a blender every single day.
Cleaning a blender is a total pain.

Simple, frat boys are around 18-22 and at that age your body can handle quite a lot. They probably have decent to good genetics for muscle, athleticism, etc. and because of their age it doesn't show as much. There are plenty of people that will tell you stories from college years of getting flat out wasted and/or high as a kite and be totally fine the next day lol.
This is it.