Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opinions Pls

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A tenant sent me a **** ty text and a sink that is leaking. It has been about two months since he notified me. Anyway I basically told him I would get to it when I could and if he didn't like it move. Thoughts?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obligated to keep his tenancy habitable.
True but it is and he was an ass hole...I will fix it tomorrow. He can't find a place as nice as what he has for the price he is paying. I'm just tired of the ass holes. MAybe I was wrong but I am tired of supplicating. It felt good to stand up to him. I haven't done that in a while..

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
As a landlord you know better bruh. Be serious.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes....I didn't like his attitude.....I am the landlord....I
how would you feel if he stopped paying the rent because he didn't like your attitude? Or because you haven't fixed the leak in 8 or more weeks after being notified? What if you get labeled as a slumlord by the local news?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how would you feel if he stopped paying the rent because he didn't like your attitude? Or because you haven't fixed the leak in 8 or more weeks after being notified? What if you get labeled as a slumlord by the local news?
I would evict him. Leaky sink dosent give you the right to be an ass hole. Local news would have to weave quite a story. Like I said if he dosent like it move.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would evict him. Leaky sink dosent give you the right to be an ass hole. Local news would have to weave quite a story. Like I said if he dosent like it move.
Depending on your state laws, and your local landlord tenant act, and your lease terms, it actually can be grounds for the resident to withhold rent. In another realm, it definitely is grounds for the resident to call up the local health department and report it. Then you will have to make the repair or be fined.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Objectively, if you don't have to then you don't have to and you've done nothing wrong. Subjectively, you're in the wrong.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an easy fix. The drain pieces have a gasket that goes bad. A new drain piece that screws into the bottom of the sink is about $4-6 US. You will need a pair or channel lock pliers. Some people use a little plumber's putty around the gasket.

When the lease is up, that's your chance to get rid of the tenant. My state goes to a month-to-month implied agreement after a signed lease expires. 30 days notice is all that is required to begin eviction proceedings...or at least threaten them enough to make the tenant move.

It always pays to be on good terms with tenants. If they feel like you are cheating them, then it's easy for them to destroy your place. All a tenant has to do it "accidentally" break a water line and flood everything. You have a lot more to lose than the tenant, at least financially.

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
True but it is and he was an ass hole...I will fix it tomorrow. He can't find a place as nice as what he has for the price he is paying. I'm just tired of the ass holes. MAybe I was wrong but I am tired of supplicating. It felt good to stand up to him. I haven't done that in a while..
So what. Fix it man. I'm poor and I rent. Nothing worse than a landlord who doesn't keep up their end of the deal and keep it maintained. He shouldn't have to wait two months for you to fix the leaking sink.