Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online Personals Without A Pic?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently trying out the online dating scene (I need to get laid). I have sent out some nods to come cuties. However, I didn't post a pic of myself for identity reasons. Could this be a problem? To get around posting a pic, how else could I make myself more marketable?

The DomMega

Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur, regardless of how wonderful and uplifting your text might be, ultimately women want a picture to go on. Good luck receiving any replies with your "No picture for this user" icon in your profile. You'll get thrown to the bottom of the pile like a ****ty resume.

UpNCominDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
post a pic

A picture says a thousand words. Women want to make sure the words you are saying in your picture do not rhyme with rapist or crazy. Take a regular picture of yourself and post it. if you have bad teeth, then don't smile. If you're ****eyed, then don't look into the camera. your pictures don't have to be of model quality. you just have to look sane in them.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: post a pic

Originally posted by UpNCominDJ
A picture says a thousand words. Women want to make sure the words you are saying in your picture do not rhyme with rapist or crazy. Take a regular picture of yourself and post it. if you have bad teeth, then don't smile. If you're ****eyed, then don't look into the camera. your pictures don't have to be of model quality. you just have to look sane in them.
I have no problems with the way I look. It's just that I don't want anyone I know to know that I've sunk to this level of meeting women.

ChenCristos

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha i know what you saying about being on the DL- why dont you just send individual girls pics who have read your profile and still interested..

suave4sure

Don Juan
Reaction score
that was a dumb idea

Basically to online personals if you don't put up a picuture that means A. You're ugly B. You're fat or C. All of the above. I mean damn dude if you're decent looking what the hell were you thinking. Let me put in simpler terms.

People use those pictures for qualifying. I.E. If someone only put pictures of their face but not their body most would assume they're fat. And those that post no picture, most would assume are ugly. So if you post no picture people will assume your ugly "and" fat. Simple as that.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: post a pic

Originally posted by Juan_Man
I have no problems with the way I look. It's just that I don't want anyone I know to know that I've sunk to this level of meeting women.
Dude. I understand that it might be extremely difficult but you've got to try to be at peace with the choices you make. Trying to hide yourself from what you have decided to do only makes you come out worse if you were to be discovered.

Just ask yourself this. Who would you rather emulate? A clearly embarassed guy without a picture for his profile or someone more confident? If you want confidence, don't give excuses. Feel the pain and learn from it. That will make you a lot more marketable.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is really nothing wrong with meeting girls on the internet. This isn't ten years ago, this is now. I met my girlfriend on hotornot and we've been dating for over a year now(and she's good looking too).

For guys, it is mandatory that a picture be posted. Make it a good one, too.
Women, although they like to say they care about personality etc., are the same as guys: they go for looks first.
If your picture isn't up, they will not read anything, and just assume that you're either ugly, lacking confidence, or not using the dating service anymore.

The moral of the story is: if you are using internet dating, you have to post a picture.

car501

Don Juan
Reaction score

I don't want anyone I know to know that I've sunk to this level of meeting women.
It's a problem already if your worried about what other people think. Remember, A DJ doesn't worry about what other people think of them. Besides, your not the first/only person to post a personal on the net.Post your picture.

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently trying out the online dating scene (I need to get laid). I have sent out some nods to come cuties. However, I didn't post a pic of myself for identity reasons. Could this be a problem? To get around posting a pic, how else could I make myself more marketable?
Desperation do I sense...channel your feelings into self-improvement, not "needing to get laid".

What does your profile look like? Perhaps assistance you need in describing yourself.

No pic she sees, alone you will be!

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: that was a dumb idea

Originally posted by suave4sure
Basically to online personals if you don't put up a picuture that means A. You're ugly B. You're fat or C. All of the above. I mean damn dude if you're decent looking what the hell were you thinking. Let me put in simpler terms.

People use those pictures for qualifying. I.E. If someone only put pictures of their face but not their body most would assume they're fat. And those that post no picture, most would assume are ugly. So if you post no picture people will assume your ugly "and" fat. Simple as that.
If you don't put a picture up they'll think you're ugly, why put one up and confirm it:D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Then stay off the net and leave the women for the rest of us.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's not a problem.

Just offer to email the girls your picture when you send them a message.

the12thplanet

Don Juan
Reaction score
would YOU contact a girl on a dating site who hadnt put her picture up? i know i wouldnt.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right. I think I will send out individual photos when requested but it won't go further than that.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right. I think I will send out individual photos when requested but it won't go further than that.
And when the girl asks you why you don't put up your picture in the first place, what are you going to tell her? That you're afraid someone you know might stumble across your profile? That you want to have the choice of giving ugly girls your downright nasty picture to see their reaction? Unless you're willing to come clean with the girl if she would to ever ask you about this, I suggest that you just put up a picture.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the12thplanet
would YOU contact a girl on a dating site who hadnt put her picture up? i know i wouldnt.
Then you're missing out on a lot of good stuff. I would regularly email girls without pics and ask them to send me something via email. Every single one of them did. And the babe-to-dog ratio was no different than those who posted pics.

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a pic for online personals, but rather than probably waste your time online, figure out ways to meet women in person - the younger you are the easier it is.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i tried this **** for a while and i couldnt post a pic until like 2 weeks later. The first 2 weeks i got nothing, nobody even viewed my profile, nobody sent messages, i was a nobody without a pic. Then i finally got around in posting a pic and bam, replies, views everything went up. So yea i think the pic is about the most important thing.

LegalSeduction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to try online personals, but I don't want anyone I know to find out about it.

Some people in the office found out that a woman we work with is on jdate.com, and everyone laughs at her and mocks her behind her back because of it.

I don't mind sending a picture via email upon her request, but i dont wanna have a pic up there for everyone browsing to see..

so, anyone think of any strategies?