Oneitis?

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I've really got the hots for this local singer here. She is freakin beautiful to me, but I have never actually met her. I plan on going to one of her shows sometime though. I guess to alot of guys she might just be "average" but I think she is hot. One of my female friends was like, "I could definitely see you getting with her." I think I have "bigged" this one up so much though that I don't knwo what to say when I finally do meet her. SHe is very popular, and I am pretty unknown. I play in a band, but we ahven't taken off like hers has. I do know this...that she has some sort of "fear of intimacy" problem and is still a virgin. I'm not a virgin, but I do have a problem letting people get close to me. I really want to meet this girl, and I think she would like me but not really sure how to go about doing it. I feel like I am really bigging it up but I need to stop because I could end up getting rejected.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Screw that you aren't "well known", just go and talk to her like you are the baddest mother****er who ever walked on the face of the earth!!

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so just go to one of her shows and talk to her. But what do I say!?

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im making a big deal out of something small I guess, but she "Likes" my status on facebook. SO she has atleast noticed me lol out of the thousands of friends she has on her page. That's pretty cool.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you just feeling special because she is so popular and giving you some attention? If she wasn't a "star" would you feel the same about her?

I checked out her pics, website and some videos. She has some talent and after looking at her more she becomes more attractive. Now I think I'M in love with her! FVck!! Just kidding :)

In my opinion you will need to be a superstar yourself to get a chick like this. She is obviously full of confidence and you need to match that. She is most likely surrounded by super confident guys already. How is your confidence?

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I guess my confidence sucks. I am very confident about my music though, but it really isnt out there yet.

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I would feel the same because I find her so attractive. She is pretty much everything I would want in a girl because I'm a crazy musician too.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't you just make a thread about being lonely?

Watch out, that's a root cause of one-itis.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Rhino I used to play in a rock/reggae band too. We became quite popular locally and I know what you mean about confidence in your music.

I can remember playing shows and that 1st song where nobody is dancing and just watching your every move. Total pressure cooker until everyone starts feeling the groove and can't help but dancing. After that you're gold and your confidence soars.

Anyhow playing in a band does give a lot of confidence if you have some success. What is holding your band back at this point?

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what is holding me back. I should ahve alot of confidence because we put on great shows. I guess it's just the messed up childhood that holds me back and I have some form of social anxiety disorder. Anyway, this girl posted on facebook about a show she will be at this friday. She isn't performing, but someone else is. THere will be hundereds of people there and im sure she will be with tons of friends. I will end up going alone. SHoudl I approach her? Alot of my friends told me they could picture me getting with this chick. I have had such a messed up life that its hard for me to accept that I am good looking ,talented, etc. Its hard for me to imagine succeeding with a very popular good looking girl.

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, so i havent really had conversations with this girl but out of the 1,000 plus friends she has, she has noticed me. She liked my status the other day and then I commented on one of her pics yesterday and she responded to my comment. I have noticed s he doesn't respond to alot of people.

MY friend tonight told me that I shoudl send her a message like, "Hey, are you still going to that show Friday? I was thinkin about checkin it out. It would be cool to meet you."

What do you think?

Then my friend went on to tell me that I need to stop doubting myself and said, "Look, I'm not gay but you're good looking and you know you could probably go get some pu**y anywhere." I don't know whats wrong with me...I guess it's just my lack of experience with women and socializing that keeps me this way.

So should I send her that message?

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man send it minus the "It would be cool to meet you."

It sounds like you have all the pieces in place Rhino. It's kind of a shame if the only thing holding you back are your own insecurities.

Think about how you feel just before you get up on stage to play a really big show. Then how that feeling of nervousness changes to exhilaration once the band hits it's groove and the crowd starts vibing.

Those are the exact same feelings you go thru when you are approaching women and out of your comfort zone. You know that nervousness is just in your head and once you bust thru it's all good on the other side. Go for it man.

Good luck with A.S. I'm really pulling for you on this one!

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck yeah. SO leave out the "It would be cool to meet you" ? How come?

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think it's already implied. If she's responding to you out of 1000's then I think she's noticed you enough to want to meet. Plus it prevents you looking like a "fan".

I'm thinking something like this:

You: "Hey you still going to that show on Friday. I'm thinking of checking it out."
Her: "Yeah I'll be there"
You: "Cool, see you there"

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What Slickster said.
You said she was a singer, right? You do know probably at least another dozen guys are telling her that "It'd be cool to meet her", which is pretty much the first step in the pedestal process.

No, it wouldn't be cool to meet her, but it'd be cool for her to meet YOU.

And it's not just about looks.

The fact that you are noticing stuff like "She replies to my comments and likes my status" means that you are almost at borderline creeper status. I sincerely hope not. Because if you are noticing minor details like that, it means you are spending TOO much time on her profile.

The way I see it, you already have her up on a pedestal.

Remember rejection > regret anyday. Just talk to her, like a human being, not like some sort of singing goddess that has fallen from the heavens. Just talk to her, and for the love of God, don't ever mention anything about her Facebook or bring up the fact that she ONCE liked your status.

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ah man, you are right. I am putting her up on a pedestal. But thats because since I am a musician its very hard for me to find a girl that I would want to date since at this point I dont think I can really be with one that isnt one.

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Geezus. Maybe I should just blow this whole thing off. I mean, she probably doesn't give a rats a** about me. If I send her a message, maybe I will seem like a stalker. BIg deal, she liked my status and commented on one of my comments. We talked through myspace like once almost a year ago. That is it. I just can't help thinking she is freakin beautiful. I get, "I'm hot" alot or whatever but I will admit I think I am intimidated by this chick.