Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On the brink of cheating

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
At this point, there is no sorting this out. I would just talk with my actions and leave.

I mean honestly, what is there in this marriage that you enjoy so much?
This.

Just because you have spent so many years with her doesn't mean you have to stick with her due to some 'chivalric' non-sense belief that you may have internalised through life.

Think realistically and truthfully about what you want, I'd have to agree that saving this marriage is unlikely so start doing what's best for you.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is crazy!

You haven't talked to your wife yet?

What are you two waiting for?

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, humans love to socially deprecate each other once someone has been ostracized. Easy to shred someone apart with words and revel in it. Fvck this situation man, no marriage should function this way, I'm 26 and I feel that way at least. Not healthy or positive. You need to find a way to address these issues asap -- xfer your funds to a safe place -- prepare your ship for a deviated course.

ChuckNoRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys. My wife just came back from her parents' today. She only mumbled a hi.
Then, in the bedroom, I tried to sleep next to her and she rejected me and left for the couche. I follwed her there, and that when the bombshell was droped. She said I hurt her two much and she want out.
Right now I'm so confused and broken. I've spent. The last 20 minutes trying to convince she's making a mistake, and she said if I love her enough I should give her the space she needs. And sdche has a whole list of things she's now pointing out. Almost seems like I'm the joker himself.

Guys I need you now. I don't want to make embarrassing mistakes I'll regret. I feel totally broken :(

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about what's going on. At this point you should just tell her "okay" and move on. No other explanations. No pleading. Just go.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her the space she needs. I'd make her move out though.

Brace yourself for divorce. Make peace with the fact that it's going to happen, and she won't come back to you.

ChuckNoRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
The things is, its just seems like there more to it but is not she's telling,

She's even now all a suggesting I might be messing around on the phone app, WhatApps . That I might be cheating. Which I see as way give her story more credence. She also says I've become arrogant and I'm not the guys she met...the humle guy. I tried to explain that the last 2 years were very stressful because I was studying for the MBA, masters degree, and things will change now that I've finished with studying. Too late
Oh she said, "there's no point in me living here and not give you the sex that you want, the wife loving and caring you would expect etc . Right now I just want to be free and you can come and see me anytime because I'm not dating anyone. I just want to be single. Her mother is in a state and she's gonna phone in the morning.

Guys, do you think she has greener pastures. She said she does, but just wants to be free.. I'm so broken :(

I asked her to tell me in my eyes that she doesn't love me anymore, and she said no she can't, but she can tell me now that she loves me as friend and I can come and see her because the' s none else .And when I pressed her to tell me why she wont ell me "I don't love you anymore", she say I don't wanna say that but I feel resent. Guys this is a 35 year old woman I walled down the aisle with :(
So I walked back to the bedroom with my tail between my legs.

Should I make any more effort? Some are saying I should fight for my marriage because the biggest regret afterward is "we should've fought hard"

ANYWAY, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, Bad news but I'd seen this coming.

The dudes earlier been told you what was going on. Brother you just came here too late. See your not leading the relationship anymore and if you lose the lead then you probably will not get it back. This relationship is over.. I just hope you got a pre-nup. Don't let this girl take your money.

What you need to do is kick the girl out... and let her leave. Then don't contact her ass again.

Look forward. Get hobbies and spit to more females

topcat2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with the last poster. Even if you want her to come back after all this, the only way is to divorce her and then shack up with another woman. Keep peace with her until you get a lawyer and make the appropriate decisions about your assets.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is tough Chuck!

I was one of the guys who suggested that you try to make things work however at this point you are beating a dead horse.

Her interest level has fallen below critical level. At this point there is no way to get it back.

The most important thing you need to understand right now is that this relationship is over! Do not kid yourself or hang on to something that just isn't there. You will suffer much less the sooner you let go and come to terms that it is over.

I will not comment on the steps you should take regarding divorce etc.

What you need to do immediately is begin working on yourself. Read the DJ Bible and learn everything you can. You will go through a prolonged phase of sorrow and every step you take towards improving yourself will help you get past this tough time.

Do not wallow in your misery for the next year and THEN try to improve yourself. Trust me, if you go down that road you will only feel regret for wasting a year of your life. Start fixing yourself now WHILE you are hurting.

Remember that every single guy who has gone thru a bad breakup comes out of it eventually. When he does he looks back at the time he spent in misery and wishes he didn't snap himself out of it sooner. Learn from this!

Avoid those nostalgic feelings. Whenever you sense yourself dwelling on the past snap yourself out of it by keeping yourself busy doing other things. That nostalgia is your biggest hurdle. Don't let it keep you down.

Good luck Chuck. Stick around and learn. Remember that this is the moment that your journey towards success began. It all begins with one step.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you are in pain brother -- I know from your original posts your marriage was having trouble.

Don't give up on yourself right now -- don't confuse yourself that your life is forever bruised or hurt -- you will succeed through this, you will be a greater man -- this woman hasn't been giving you what you deserve anyhow.

Stay positive man, I know this may be impossible, but please keep yourself from drudging down into garbage -- it's not worth it! It's not all your fault! And she also is adding fuel to her arguments despite their worthiness in order for her to rationalize her decision. It's not all you -- stay positive!!!

ChuckNoRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I'm in dark place right now. It's painful to see her lack of willingness to
do all it takes to save our marriage. And I'm the desperate one.Her parents are saying divorce is off limits, but she won't listen to anyone now.
I know she's making a big mistake and even suggested we see a counsillor. Her response: I'll think about it.

Anyway, I will stay on course with trying to save our marriage, but I'll eventually stop once I feel I've done all I can. I do not want to be the one who regrets not having done all I could.

Thank you for all your support.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chuck the way I see it you've received all the advice and empathy you can get from most of us on this site. You've been on the defensive for too long it is now time to go on the offensive since you've obviously come to the end of the road.

As some have suggested get your finances in order. Since your wife doesn't want you anymore and giving you sappy excuses about needing space despite the fact she's taken space from you for a while now by staying at her folks' etc. So, pack her things for her. Tell her to move out since she wants space. While she's gone file for a divorce (it's over anyway and it's what she's gonna do to you anyway) if against all odds this is just some elevated sh!t test on her part. When she sees you've taken control of the situation this might make her come back to her senses...because this whole time you've been on the defensive. Even if she does come back don't stop now lay down the law. Your tone in your response to her sounds very apologetic. One of the first things I learned on sosuave is that the person who needs the other the least is the one with the most power (in control of things). It doesn't matter how things were or how things will end. You take the advice you've gotten here so far. Start taking control of things while making preparation with the assumptions that this is it.
You've been holding back it's time to let that anger out (not saying lose your cool). It's not up to you save your marriage. How can you save something that is not in your control? Lay down the law man! Quit walking on egg shells. If she doesn't want to be around you she should get her things and leave. Keep doing your hobbies and what not.

ChuckNoRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk said:
Chuck the way I see it you've received all the advice and empathy you can get from most of us on this site. You've been on the defensive for too long it is now time to go on the offensive since you've obviously come to the end of the road.

As some have suggested get your finances in order. Since your wife doesn't want you anymore and giving you sappy excuses about needing space despite the fact she's taken space from you for a while now by staying at her folks' etc. So, pack her things for her. Tell her to move out since she wants space. While she's gone file for a divorce (it's over anyway and it's what she's gonna do to you anyway) if against all odds this is just some elevated sh!t test on her part. When she sees you've taken control of the situation this might make her come back to her senses...because this whole time you've been on the defensive. Even if she does come back don't stop now lay down the law. Your tone in your response to her sounds very apologetic. One of the first things I learned on sosuave is that the person who needs the other the least is the one with the most power (in control of things). It doesn't matter how things were or how things will end. You take the advice you've gotten here so far. Start taking control of things while making preparation with the assumptions that this is it.
You've been holding back it's time to let that anger out (not saying lose your cool). It's not up to you save your marriage. How can you save something that is not in your control? Lay down the law man! Quit walking on egg shells. If she doesn't want to be around you she should get her things and leave. Keep doing your hobbies and what not.
Thanks for the great response. She's now come back with a willingness to go to the counselor.
However, I'm standing with what most you have said...i.to assume this is it. Anything else is plan b

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple's counseling = Last stop before toll.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chuck-

The further your story unravels, the more I can relate. I've been there and heard some of the same excuses and bs. I've made the same mistakes you have made. I felt that same strong desire to make it work when she did not.

Her head is so far up her a$$ right now, that no matter what you say and do you will get no where. You will do more damage than good. She's hurt emotionally and has herself so confused. She's not thinking straight and won't be anytime in the near future. She's not thinking rationally and logically like a smart guy like yourself is. Thats why counseling is a waste of time. Its only good when you have two parties that want to resolve an issue. Right now you only have one party.
I bet her mother talked her into counseling???

Her hamster wheel is running on pure illogical emotion and will be for the next few months until she breaks down and figures out the grass isn't greener elsewhere.

I tried to get my ex wife to go to counseling and she would have nothing to do with it. I couldn't believe it, we had 15years together and she was a very logical, smart, socially skilled, strong individual with great people skills. Yeah you can throw all that logical rational thought out the window when dealing with a chic thats not stable. When women lose emotional stability they get very unpredictable. Don't waste your time trying to figure them out.

You say you feel like there is more to the story than what she is telling.......there probably is. Think it thru and when the answer is still blurry go with your gut. She probably has a guy she is seeing on the side. Women don't often leave one relationship with out having another lined up. They aren't strong enough to do so. They always accuse guys of committing the same crimes they are guilty of themselves. Its how they try and justify their inappropriate behavior to make themselves feel better. But all that is secondary. She didn't go looking for a relationship until her needs weren't being met. So concentrate on the root cause of the problem which is what happened between you and her.

The best thing you can do if you want to have a chance that this deal might go back together at some point, is give her all the space she wants. Let her move out and get her own place and let her sweet little a$$ pay for all of it.

Be strong, professional, don't let her know how tore up you are, be very patient, and keep your composure. Let her go out and live it up acting like a stupid *****. Let that hamster wheel in her head continue to spin out of control until it blows up. When it does thats when she'll be ready to talk and you can get somewhere with her. But until then its going to be hard for both of you, but its the only option you have unless you want divorce.

In the meantime you need to start working on being a better man. Improve your looks, clothes, physique, attentiveness to women, etc. Learn to understand women better. Strike up conversations with women. I did this with mine and it convinced her that I was some how a different person and it reignited her attraction for me. She also saw I had some other highly attractive women around me and that made her desire me even more. (stupid but thats how they work).

You also need to get her social security number and run a credit report on her at some point. There are tons of places on the web you can do this. This will tell you how far she has checked out of the marriage. If she's as gone as it sounds, she'll have taken some of your money and put it in another account that you don't know about and/or obtained a credit card you don't know about.

Don't give her a reason to make yourself look bad.

Find somebody that is very open minded and has some people skills to talk to. Keep posting on this message board.

Believe her actions over her words. She will lie to you. She will tell you what you want to here.

The one who cares the least about the relationship always has the most power.........

Tough times don't last forever.........tough people do

Divorce is one of the most painful things you will ever go thru. Its baggage you will have to carry with you the rest of your life. It will have an effect on every girl you come across in your future. It will effect how you look at relationships in the future and treat women.

This is a big deal........you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink........so let her know you are interested in working this out, but theres no point in pushing your agenda until she's ready for the same thing.

I gave my ex 3months to sort her thoughts out with hopes that would be enough time to begin the repair process. I made it 2months and my patience ran out. I had to get closure on the issue so I divorced her. I'm pretty thick skinned and don't hold punches but it was the hardest thing I've ever done. We knew each other better than any other people on earth. Its like having to pull the trigger on your ailing dog. Sometimes you have to "man" up and do whats right for the relationship and the people involved.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why throw your money away on a counselor when you have free, unfiltered advice here? I'm not being sarcastic.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
This is tough Chuck!

I was one of the guys who suggested that you try to make things work however at this point you are beating a dead horse.

Her interest level has fallen below critical level. At this point there is no way to get it back.

The most important thing you need to understand right now is that this relationship is over! Do not kid yourself or hang on to something that just isn't there. You will suffer much less the sooner you let go and come to terms that it is over.

I will not comment on the steps you should take regarding divorce etc.

What you need to do immediately is begin working on yourself. Read the DJ Bible and learn everything you can. You will go through a prolonged phase of sorrow and every step you take towards improving yourself will help you get past this tough time.

Do not wallow in your misery for the next year and THEN try to improve yourself. Trust me, if you go down that road you will only feel regret for wasting a year of your life. Start fixing yourself now WHILE you are hurting.

Remember that every single guy who has gone thru a bad breakup comes out of it eventually. When he does he looks back at the time he spent in misery and wishes he didn't snap himself out of it sooner. Learn from this!

Avoid those nostalgic feelings. Whenever you sense yourself dwelling on the past snap yourself out of it by keeping yourself busy doing other things. That nostalgia is your biggest hurdle. Don't let it keep you down.

Good luck Chuck. Stick around and learn. Remember that this is the moment that your journey towards success began. It all begins with one step.
Chuck read this again because it is all golden advice.

I just want to reiterate that your marriage is OVER. Her interest is gone baby gone. She is offering you a pity friendship for fvck's sake....you gotta have more dignity than that.

This will undoubtedly be really heartbreaking for you, but I will bet you money that in one year, if you read all you can and take our advice here, you will be in a much, MUCH better place. You will look back to this time and say this is where your transformation into WINNER began. You'll win because you'll know how to play the game.

AMDG

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChuckNoRisk said:
I follwed her there, and that when the bombshell was droped. She said I hurt her two much and she want out.
Right now I'm so confused and broken. I've spent. The last 20 minutes trying to convince she's making a mistake, and she said if I love her enough I should give her the space she needs. And sdche has a whole list of things she's now pointing out. Almost seems like I'm the joker himself.

Guys I need you now(
GET OUT NOW - unless you're a masochist in which case please ignore me.

When I was younger and stupid I tried to "save" a particular relationship following an ultimatum from her part, only to realise a week later that she needs a "trained pet monkey". In my current relationship I am making the rules, and she is the one trying to please me, not the way around.

In any case, your marriage is already over because she has lost any respect for you. More demands will follow, and at last she will leave you, because by then you will be a spineless love slave, and not a man. Save yourself.