Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

On girls with BFs

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I don't think a DJ should need to hit on a girl who has a BF. I don't want guys hitting on girls I'm with (it'll happen, but I don't respect that), so why I should I be right in hitting on another guys girl?

There's more fish in the sea, and if she's single later it's alright.... while a girl's with someone it's not only an ******* move, but her boyfriend probably is either ripped or has friends who are ripped, and you don't want to get your sh!t rocked and your reputation screwed over for some chick.
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
What are y'alls philosophies on DJing girls with boyfriends?

Don't do it. My easiest reply yet. :D
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
I wouldn't. Main reason: The bf might kick your ass (see: Street Fight Stories to see what happened to a poor SOB who didn't take "no" as an answer from my girl.)
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
um, sorry to be a nag, but run a search, this is one of the most common questions asked. For the record, it dependss on the situation is my answer (but in general leave her alone)
 

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
I wouldnt fully DJ a girl with a BF. I would kind of 'plant the seeds', if you will. Do a little flirting, enough to let her know you are interested, but dont go all out and dont go calling er up every day trying to hang out.

Part of this is just out of mutual respect. I know some DJs dont play by any rules, but I know I would flip my **** if I knew a guy was pursuing my girl, so if I know the guy and he is a good person (not some ****) then I wont pursue it out of respect.
 

AnkleBreaker

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
What if the girl with the b/f is pursuing you?

Dont wanna hijack this thread but i know this chick will call her (carmen) she has been with her b/f for like a year ive known her like 6 months.

So carmen is showing me lots of signs of intrest but i play it cool since every guy she knows gives her all the attention she wants and i just ignore her.

Tease her all the time ****y/funny make fun of her truck her shoes etc. Like i asked her to let me borrow a doller of course she gave it to me, then i asked for another doller to buy a coke so carmen walked all the way to the coke machine and bought me a coke.

Then i guess she felt like i used her since i got 2 dollers off her so the next day she asked me for 1 doller im like ok since i owe you atleast 2 dollers then she ask for another im like i aint givin you ****.

So she beggs me i say your gonna have to give me a lap dance she says no, so i say show me sum skin she raises her shirt up and shows me her bra, and im like thats it so i turn around and she says come here and flashes her tits at me lol.

She also took my god dam cell phone and was lookin at all the chicks numbers i had and said she was gonna beat one of them up since she didnt like them.

So she stuck it in her pocket and wouldnt give it back so im like im going to have to frisk you i turn her around start at the top go to the bottom and grab her ass and say alright your clean

So yea i know her b/f hates me i was walkin to my car and he saw me and just mean mugged me and pulled off real fast with his truck rofl.

And then this afc that likes her was like what did you do to her she likes you alot. rofl
 

Ntwadumela

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
I think you should just have a respect for a fellow DJ. But if he is some *sshole b*tch, then leave your calling card all over that girls *ss.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by AnkleBreaker
What if the girl with the b/f is pursuing you?
Same situation here. I think she's dumping her BF for me....but not officially dumped yet. School just started and I guess she doesn't wanna hurt him. This guy is REALLY attached to her, and they're been together for a little over 1 year.

I don't wanna backstab this guy, being the reason he loses the love of his life. I'm so confused.

Anyways, so far we have: Don't mess with unless the guy is an ass. Any other pointers?
 

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
669
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Virginia
Simple: I don't ever ask if she has a bf, I assume she doesn't.
If she goes ot my school though, I wouldn't touch a chick with a bf because Grudges are no fun.
Unless i was drunk of course. then ***** is *****. I have friends to abck me up in that situation :)

If she goes to a diff school and you find otu after DJing ehr for a motnh with good results..I'd stop pursuing..btu if she makes a move, its all on her shoulders.

I guess i'm an *******.
 

Nivek

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
big bump, pretty much i'm in a smiliar situation with this girl who has a boyfriend.


I gave her a little bit of attention, talked to her in halls, kinoed her a tad etc etc. then kinda ignored her for a while and stuff. anyways this girl started to really get flirtatious with me and grabbed my arms and started to kino me. then we were talking and randomly she blurted out she has a boyfriend blah blah, i ignore it. now this girl seems to be showing me interest but she does have a boyfriend but he goes to another school. Should i try to pursue this?? Is she interested in me as a boyfriend to replace her current boyfriend or just as a friend that she flirts with. Yeah i know i'm overanalyzing this but damn. I don't really wanna ruin it cause i can use her as social proof for other women.
 

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by That_Guy49
What are y'alls philosophies on DJing girls with boyfriends?
A DJ wouldn't try to get a girl with a boyfriend.

A DJ would find another gal worthy of him.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

arcilitei34

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Calgary, Alberta
Re: Re: On girls with BFs

Originally posted by idiot_boyfriend
A DJ wouldn't try to get a girl with a boyfriend.

A DJ would find another gal worthy of him.

Ditto, i find it dishonorable to DJ another girl who already has a relationship going.
 

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
But what if her bf lives 7 hours away? I've been pursuing a chic who's bf lives 7 hours away and its mutual interest but she still says "I like him very much" She just seems so. . . right for me. Granted I dont believe in the whole "one" thing, but I could list 10 things we have in common off of the top of my head. We've already hung out, and gone on a coupld dates. Hell, we even kissed, but she is still "boyfriended" in her words. I think she'll come alround, but I can feel the oneitis coming over already . . .
 

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
1
normally I dont give a fvck about honor

But Bros before Hos.

generally, anyway.
if the guy's an idiot, he doesnt count:D
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Honor > All


Bros > Hos



My oneitis, the girl I've wanted for 4 years, just broke up with her BF. I was like, "yes...I'm moving in."

But today in the halls, I saw the guys face, and all I saw was pain. And I'm like, "sh1t....I can't do this." Call me a pvssy, but right after they break up and stuff, I can't just go in and kick him while he's down. If anything I will just go to dances and stuff with the girl, but not make it offcial. Seriously..this guy was serious about the girl and was funny, provided everything etc. but he got dumped....

I'll never forget the look on his face though. It said to me, "AFK, please don't do this to me." It was pitiful, but then again, grudges are no fun, and I'm not going to mess sh1t up. It's hard to make the right decision....

but your situation isdifferent from mine. I just hadto get that out.
 

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
498
Reaction score
7
a lot of girls let sorry-ass chump BFs hang on them, until someone better comes around. most girls would rather have an "okay" BF than be alone; because in their eyes, their friends would think of them as losers if they couldnt keep a bf to show off to one another.

so, lets say YOURE someone better. are you going to miss out on what could be an OUTSTANDING connection, just so some random dude doesnt get his AFC heart broken?

bros before hoes has its place - WITH BROS. close friends! people you know and trust as your brothers keeper! not random dorks!

some GF/BFs you should leave alone, but with all due respect, you'll miss out on a lot of great opportunities in life if youre constantly worried about stepping on somebody elses toes.

-SLB
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top