Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OLD matches asking for video calls!

bario

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a few matches recently on OLD. Couple of the ladies are preferring doing a video call first than going out, due to COVID and the restrictions in the region!

I personally don't like that and find it awkward.

What's your views on this?

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a few matches recently on OLD. Couple of the ladies are preferring doing a video call first than going out, due to COVID and the restrictions in the region!

It is awkward. If you accept I’d try to do it when you are out and about somewhere. I feel it’s definitely a violation of your privacy to do it when you’re at home from work in the comfort of your own environment when you haven’t even met the chick.

Looking at it from their perspective - I’m guessing it’s a way to verify you are who you are showing you are in your profile. Still awkward.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Last time a woman asked me that around April during Covid peek I said I wasn’t looking for a job so I didn’t need to attend a job interview. She kept trying to call me on FaceTime anyway after that trying to assert her dominance in the situation. I never answered and finally just blocked her.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I heard about it first from ToddV. Pre covid.

Time is £££££!

Vid chat saves catch fish. You can opt out of the time suck for any such trash con job. It weeds out any such scenarios. Give it a try.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time a woman asked me that around April during Covid peek I said I wasn’t looking for a job so I didn’t need to attend a job interview. She kept trying to call me on FaceTime anyway after that trying to assert her dominance in the situation. I never answered and finally just blocked her.
I am kind of going against the group think here. Curious to know what your rational is? I am not big on text or chats in general. I mentioned to my mates about catfish. He denied the experience. I told him I got catfished HARD. He back pedalled and admitted to a similar experience.

School boy error. Lessons learned. I know do a 5min chat via vid call. I want to know she's not fat or busted. But I digress.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Video calls are for business, not dating. Refuse.
As long as you accompany your video call with a boundary, it's all good, that first video call is extremely important to build credibility.

I know why you are saying this, because it becomes the expectation after you do it, but just limit to a single call is more than fine, I would encourage it, furthermore, if she knows you are available and you just don't make yourself available, you leave her with that What If feeling.

Personally, if I can get a woman on video call, that is a wrap, that night, 9/10 times, I will never have the success with photos that I have on video when it comes to OLD, so I definitely have a video over photo bias.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I’m against video calls because im more of a texter than a caller. Voice and video calls take too much time from my day. I can multitask a text conversation with other tasks much better than I can voice or video. Also, Especially now from Covid, I have done enough work related Zoom and Skype calls to last 10 lifetimes. With women I Text, ask them to send pics that are no older than a few months, give them one voice call so I can make sure they are female, and then meet in person.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agree its awkward but it might save you time and effort meeting a chick who doesnt look like her pictures or you're otherwise not attracted too. It's just a phone call with a video element, nut up and do it if they want, save yourselves both some time

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am kind of going against the group think here. Curious to know what your rational is? I am not big on text or chats in general. I mentioned to my mates about catfish. He denied the experience. I told him I got catfished HARD. He back pedalled and admitted to a similar experience.

School boy error. Lessons learned. I know do a 5min chat via vid call. I want to know she's not fat or busted. But I digress.
Agreed.

And OP, some women need a little comfort building before being taken out. Try to appreciate that nearly any man could have his way with a woman if they were a creep. Chicks have this fear. We do not. Our biggest fear is that the chick is going to be fat.

So take 5 minutes at a time that works for you and show her you're not a creep. You dont need a 30 minute call to accomplish this.

It actually works in your favor as well. It saves you time as well from meeting a catfish or a fatty. Or someone you just dont click with.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score

Video calls / Face Time is a great way to find out if someone is a catfish or playing games. I think women do it more than men but I think it's a great idea personally. Who wants to take time out their schedule, get all prepared for a date just to find out a chick is weird later?

To me, it's ideal. One of my friends does it religiously. If a girl doesn't answer his facetime/video call, he doesn't even bother with her.

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a quick video call to confirm looks and vibe, it can save a lot of time. They can sense your BDE through the call, so lay it down. The girls I end up fuucking all say they knew I was going to be fun from that first video call.

Own it, have some small talk, agree on logistics, and wrap it up on your terms. Take your time, talk slow, and shoot for no more than 10 min. If you lose track of time then that's a great sign vibe wise.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m against video calls because im more of a texter than a caller. Voice and video calls take too much time from my day. I can multitask a text conversation with other tasks much better than I can voice or video. Also, Especially now from Covid, I have done enough work related Zoom and Skype calls to last 10 lifetimes. With women I Text, ask them to send pics that are no older than a few months, give them one voice call so I can make sure they are female, and then meet in person.
True. I rather spend 5min on vid chat than meeting with a whale or busted girl. She tried to sit on me and my life flashed before my eyes. Lulz!

Nope. Either time wasters or women looking for a reason to disqualify.
BtG mate, I rather do it via vid chat then make the trip and she's lmr or a time vampire.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve had Tinder matches insist on Facetime before the date. My guess is they were catfished in the past.

Glassguy

Reaction score

Time wasters. They either want to meet up or next.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it once about two months ago and felt it went well.
However, at the very end of the call, the girl asked me my height, because I had not listed it on my profile :p I playfully responded 'what's your cut-off', to which she responded 5ft2, which is her height. I told her my true height 5ft9.

Eventually it did not work out. I did not feel the height was the issue, and I don't really care to be honest.