"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Occupation must

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2000
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Davis, CA
Originally posted by Fatality
I think its kind of ridiculous to hire some guy to really protect the bar just because he was charming. Tom Cruise is charming but I wouldn't want him guarding my bar. All 5'6 150lbs of him.

Next time go a little more into detail rather than give 1-2 word answers and I won't be an idiot.:rolleyes:
Not charm in the sense of a quality necessitating a bouncer, but in how I'm able to talk my way in or out of any given situation (in this case, getting hired). Otherwise, my ability to disarm people has been useful in stopping three different fights from breaking out, which is more useful than breaking up a fight that has already happened in the first place.

We actually had a guy who was only 5'6" and 150 on staff. But he could kick anyone's ass.

My last shrapnel of advice is learn how to look people in the eye as if you own them.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
416
Reaction score
34
Location
New york, New York
I was a bouncer at a club here in New York last year.

I'm 6'2 and at the time I weighed 266 pounds and I'm naturally built and solid so I had no problem getting the job.

Actually, its kind of funny how I got the job.

This guy I knew saw me at a little after hours club literally picking up chicks and using them to do arm curls and shoulder presses and stuff, ya know just having fun the chicks.

He was impressed with my build and natural strength and asked me if I wanted to do security at another club and I accepted.

I'm not a bouncer anymore and I've slimmed down to a more toned 232 pounds but I'm still strong as a bull and I'm always ready to kick ass if I have to.
 
Top