Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on NYC's scene.

mamarika

Banned
Reaction score
I've mentioned Nashville as a city I like, but I also have to say I love Baton Rouge, since I did grad school there. Higher quality women are most certainly in smaller towns - and certainly, college towns. I dig the 5'9" platinum blonde in knee-high leather boots as much as the next guy, but the only real thing I enjoyed about NYC was attending a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon taping.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I'd do an update here since I visited NYC for a week.

Nightlife is alive and kickin, you appreciate how unreal it is after you move out.

I thought that after the pandemic it would die out but boy oh boy was I wrong. When I say back to normal, it was back to normal big time. Some venues still did require the vaxx card, strangely enough but most did not. I went back and man the energy was unreal. I compare that to my time in Miami so far and NYC is at least 3 tiers above this city on the nightlife. So many bars and the tailor made logistics, it is easy mode. I cannot believe how I let opportunities pass in my first go at the city and now that I am stuck in Miami which has the same logistical situation of LA, man I am kickin myself.

The women are as thirsty as ever.

I got approached more in a week in NYC than I have been in a month in Miami. Come to think of it, I have not been approached nearly as much in Miami as I ever have in NYC. The women in the city were thirsty, cool, and responded well to eye contact during night game. So many were genuinely having a good time and were happy to be there. You do not get this sort of energy in Miami unless they are clearly tourists but you got this energy in NYC left and right. People were happy despite it being cold and freezing, at times even raining. Maybe it is because I went for a week as a tourist but the energy was unreal.

Way more masks.

Yup, still more masks in 2022. People still masking up like crazy which was a culture shock compared to being in Miami where COVID has more or less gone away. Went and there were people masked up, a decent amount at least. Could be because it is winter time but that is the one thing I do not miss about NYC. People are not over COVID and still scared of it coming back, despite the boosters and all. Swear I saw so many signs saying to get your booster, even when I was in the cab they were talking about the new booster they released and to go get it.

Does feel sketchier.

Yup, it was a lot sketchier on this go than what I remember. The homeless were more aggressive and taking public transit was just a freakshow. Much more crazy homeless people on the trains and they were more aggressive too. Before the pandemic, I never saw them harass or try to get on the pedestrians. When I went this go round, at least 2 instances of normal people being harassed and shouting of a homeless person on drugs trying to get touchy with them. Crime has clearly gone up and you saw some remnants of that on the streets. I used to live in East Village and even there, the homeless population has gotten way worse when I went. I am not sure if it will continue to get worse.

The other thing I noticed, in Manhattan itself, was more closed businesses and boarded up apartments. I know it started during the pandemic but the remnants of it are still there.

Streets felt emptier than I was used to.

Some say it is due to remote work but I went to a restaurant I'd go to during my work days, I worked at the office at the time. Back in those days, you had really long lines and everything. I went three straight days for lunch and there was barely a line. I'd see some of the retail stores, in Times Square of all places, and it seemed like there were not as many people in them compared to the old days. Could be a country wide thing itself but in NYC, you noticed it. Like you noticed a Foot Locker barely having any customers this go around and it felt more abandoned.

It was not like before COVID, that's for sure.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The women are as thirsty as ever.

I got approached more in a week in NYC than I have been in a month in Miami. Come to think of it, I have not been approached nearly as much in Miami as I ever have in NYC. The women in the city were thirsty, cool, and responded well to eye contact during night game. So many were genuinely having a good time and were happy to be there. You do not get this sort of energy in Miami unless they are clearly tourists but you got this energy in NYC left and right. People were happy despite it being cold and freezing, at times even raining. Maybe it is because I went for a week as a tourist but the energy was unreal.
I've never seen women in Dallas act thirsty. It's very rare to see a Dallas woman approach. In most Western US cities, the women aren't the slightest bit thirsty.

Way more masks.

Yup, still more masks in 2022. People still masking up like crazy which was a culture shock compared to being in Miami where COVID has more or less gone away. Went and there were people masked up, a decent amount at least. Could be because it is winter time but that is the one thing I do not miss about NYC. People are not over COVID and still scared of it coming back, despite the boosters and all. Swear I saw so many signs saying to get your booster, even when I was in the cab they were talking about the new booster they released and to go get it.
Very few people are indoor masking in Dallas. It has been that way for months.

Does feel sketchier.

Yup, it was a lot sketchier on this go than what I remember. The homeless were more aggressive and taking public transit was just a freakshow. Much more crazy homeless people on the trains and they were more aggressive too. Before the pandemic, I never saw them harass or try to get on the pedestrians. When I went this go round, at least 2 instances of normal people being harassed and shouting of a homeless person on drugs trying to get touchy with them. Crime has clearly gone up and you saw some remnants of that on the streets. I used to live in East Village and even there, the homeless population has gotten way worse when I went. I am not sure if it will continue to get worse.

The other thing I noticed, in Manhattan itself, was more closed businesses and boarded up apartments. I know it started during the pandemic but the remnants of it are still there.
That's a good reason not to live in New York City.