Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on NYC's scene.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So before moving to Miami, I spent close to about 5 years living in NYC and I did not regret it. For your twenties, it is probably one of the best cities you can live in and it even outdid my experience as a fraternity guy at a southern school. Now this was all before NYC was hit by the pandemic which changed the city in a big way, not just economically but culturally. Despite all this, I one day dream of potentially going back to NYC before I get too old for it. Here are some of my observations.

The nightlife might unquestionably be amongst the best in the country.

Yes, the vaccine passes suck but even after that, I have to say that NYC's nightlife is the absolute best for pulling. I compare it to the nightlife in Miami which sucks a$$. In almost all major bars in Manhattan, you are going to find a lot of attractive women and they are DTF for the night. The logistics just line up to where if you live in Manhattan and go out for the night, you can find women who are DTF. I regularly pulled almost every week during 2019 by just living next to a good bar that got active on Thursdays. If you are trying to practice night game, alongside Vegas, NYC might be one of the best options. The other good part is that the nightlife is easily accessible and not closed off like it is in Miami.

I found this post below on Manhattan nightlife observations quite funny

It's like reliving college and extending the supposed good parts of those years for as long as you can.

NYC is Neverland in some ways. If you are in your 20s, you will run into tons of people in their 20s who are out to party, drink, and hookup. If you are older but look good enough, you will be able to fit in. I met guys in their 40s who were in good shape, going out on weekends and weeknights, and still pulling from the bars. You won't see this as much in a city like an Atlanta or most cities in the country. I think almost all guys who want to up their notch count, are serious about game, and want to pull like madman should spend a certain amount of time in NYC.

Even the scene itself, at least in Manhattan, kind of resembles whatever is hot at your typical all American university.

NYC prides itself on being international and it is in some ways, but not in how you may think. When it comes to the scene itself for nightlife or the go to spots in the city, it is hardly international. I'll venture to say that the most popular sorority girl at your university ended up in NYC and is now chasing clout there. Frat boys become finance or business guys in NYC. Sorority girls end up working in advertising and marketing. Better yet, they end up interning in NYC as they become upperclassmen ;)

It literally is Manhattan or bust if you live in NYC.

Here's the truth, no one goes to NYC for anything other than a career or fun. All of these people saying they get a good bang for their buck living in Astoria are leeches that will party with you in Manhattan but then ask to sleep on your couch because they do not want to take the train back at night. If you cannot live in Manhattan, do not even bother with NYC. Get some roommates, there are lots of roommate apps, and go live in Manhattan. Literally all of the fun is in Manhattan, particularly the Lower East Side and East Village. Anyone who tells you of any other borough is a hater that wants you to get lectured by pink-haired feminists rather than sleeping with 10s.

It's very "basic" when it comes to the women.

It really is worth repeating.

One of my biggest shocks was that NYC was not that international of a city when it came to game and the nightlife scene. The typical girls you will find out in NYC are usually from elsewhere in the US, grew up in a suburban neighborhood, went to your typical state flagship school, follow sports, and then moved to NYC to practically extend college for the rest of their 20s in terms of fun. If you missed out on the sorority girl types in college and want to now spend your twenties just banging away at them, assuming you have your **** together, you go to Manhattan and game there. One downfall is that the scene in Manhattan also gets really woke and the woke types speak the loudest.

The competition is actually a joke for the most part.

Yes, NYC has its alphas, but I find that guys in NYC are more bark than bite compared to guys in Miami. If you look like you lift and sound like a normal cool dude, you can practically pull multiple women a month in the city. Most of NYC's nightlife is full of overcompensating younger dudes that religiously love sports and shout like idiots after getting drunk. I have had instances where I was just wandering about in the bar and a girl on a date wanted to go home with me than her guy, this was unheard of in other cities for me. Similarly, me and almost all of my friends have been approached in Manhattan.

Brooklyn is really overrated.

Everyone hypes up Williamsburg and how hip Brooklyn is. Well, the truth is that the people are much snobbier in Brooklyn than Manhattan because they have an inferiority complex over not being able to afford Manhattan. Williamsburg has become the gateway for San Francisco and Pacific Northwest "hipsters" who either work in tech or live on their parents' money to chase clout. The women are weirder, uglier, and almost every single one is a Cancel Culture Woke Harpie. Brooklyn does not deserve the hype it gets at all.

Please do not buy into the hype about Queens, it sucks.

Seriously, Queens sucks. People will hype up Astoria and LIC, there is zero to do there nightlife wise. It is also largely unsafe and you can wander off into the wrong part fast. Lots of people will try to sell you on Queens because you can afford a nice apartment there and "all the young people are moving there". This is bull****, the "young people" moving there are largely cucks and people who cannot afford Manhattan. You do not go to NYC for a nice apartment, you go there so you spend little time in your apartment. If you are thinking of Queens, just buy a house in Kansas instead.

People from Long Island are unbearable and almost every woman from there is a clout chasing social media queen.

Long Island is overcompensation personified, full of people who are too poor to live in Westchester County and too soft to live in any of the five boroughs. You will meet a lot of people who are from Long Island in the city and you will like almost none of them. The guys try their hardest to act like characters in a Martin Scorcese flick and the women are practically the worst of western women personified with an extra air of superiority. Most of the guys will start fights wherever they end up (and usually end up losing most of them) and the women seem to act trashy no matter how much they try to act bougee. Anywhere in the city lots of people from Long Island end up is called a "Bridge and Tunnel" bar.

If your standards are low enough and you do not mind sticking it in crazy, then the upside is that you can get laid easily because the guys have literally zero game.

Socially and culturally, it has declined in a big way 2010 and onward.

NYC might vote "Democrat" but it is the same city that had Giuliani and Bloomberg (both Republicans, to an extent) as mayor. Under De Blasio, the city started to get slightly worse every year and declined in a crazy way during the pandemic. Now NYC became the same city that gave the world lunatic donkeys like AOC. Why do I even mention politics here? It's because it started to reflect on the women in the city and its people. This was the first city to implement mandatory vaccine proofs for you to eat indoors or go to the gym.

One other subtle but powerful way NYC has declined is its aggressive infiltration by woke techies. Back when I would visit in my younger days, this city had alpha finance guys to a degree and was nothing like San Fran. As soon as tech companies started opening offices here, you saw bars and clubs fill more with the kinds of women you'd find in Seattle.

I'll add more to this.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Here's the truth, no one goes to NYC for anything other than a career or fun. All of these people saying they get a good bang for their buck living in Astoria are leeches that will party with you in Manhattan but then ask to sleep on your couch because they do not want to take the train back at night. If you cannot live in Manhattan, do not even bother with NYC. Get some roommates, there are lots of roommate apps, and go live in Manhattan. Literally all of the fun is in Manhattan, particularly the Lower East Side and East Village. Anyone who tells you of any other borough is a hater that wants you to get lectured by pink-haired feminists rather than sleeping with 10s.
This is such an important point for New York City and can be applied to mostly any city. Living in a neighborhood less conducive to single life can greatly impact your experience in that city.

It's like reliving college and extending the supposed good parts of those years for as long as you can.

NYC is Neverland in some ways. If you are in your 20s, you will run into tons of people in their 20s who are out to party, drink, and hookup. If you are older but look good enough, you will be able to fit in. I met guys in their 40s who were in good shape, going out on weekends and weeknights, and still pulling from the bars. You won't see this as much in a city like an Atlanta or most cities in the country. I think almost all guys who want to up their notch count, are serious about game, and want to pull like madman should spend a certain amount of time in NYC.

Even the scene itself, at least in Manhattan, kind of resembles whatever is hot at your typical all American university.

NYC prides itself on being international and it is in some ways, but not in how you may think. When it comes to the scene itself for nightlife or the go to spots in the city, it is hardly international. I'll venture to say that the most popular sorority girl at your university ended up in NYC and is now chasing clout there. Frat boys become finance or business guys in NYC. Sorority girls end up working in advertising and marketing. Better yet, they end up interning in NYC as they become upperclassmen ;)

One of my biggest shocks was that NYC was not that international of a city when it came to game and the nightlife scene. The typical girls you will find out in NYC are usually from elsewhere in the US, grew up in a suburban neighborhood, went to your typical state flagship school, follow sports, and then moved to NYC to practically extend college for the rest of their 20s in terms of fun. If you missed out on the sorority girl types in college and want to now spend your twenties just banging away at them, assuming you have your **** together, you go to Manhattan and game there. One downfall is that the scene in Manhattan also gets really woke and the woke types speak the loudest.
These 3 paragraphs are important for men who attended and didn't have a great college experience.

If you don't get it right in college, NYC does offer you a 2nd chance but it's important for you to work on yourself. It's not enough to just show up in Manhattan. Self development and improvement will be vital.

Yes, NYC has its alphas, but I find that guys in NYC are more bark than bite compared to guys in Miami. If you look like you lift and sound like a normal cool dude, you can practically pull multiple women a month in the city. Most of NYC's nightlife is full of overcompensating younger dudes that religiously love sports and shout like idiots after getting drunk. I have had instances where I was just wandering about in the bar and a girl on a date wanted to go home with me than her guy, this was unheard of in other cities for me. Similarly, me and almost all of my friends have been approached in Manhattan.
Men getting approached by women in the real world would be unheard of outside of Manhattan. Good luck getting that to happen in a place like Dallas, Denver, or Phoenix.
[/QUOTE]

NYC might vote "Democrat" but it is the same city that had Giuliani and Bloomberg (both Republicans, to an extent) as mayor. Under De Blasio, the city started to get slightly worse every year and declined in a crazy way during the pandemic. Now NYC became the same city that gave the world lunatic donkeys like AOC. Why do I even mention politics here? It's because it started to reflect on the women in the city and its people. This was the first city to implement mandatory vaccine proofs for you to eat indoors or go to the gym.

One other subtle but powerful way NYC has declined is its aggressive infiltration by woke techies. Back when I would visit in my younger days, this city had alpha finance guys to a degree and was nothing like San Fran. As soon as tech companies started opening offices here, you saw bars and clubs fill more with the kinds of women you'd find in Seattle.
This would be the reason to avoid NYC (Manhattan) now in 2022 and likely beyond. It does offset the positive attributes of NYC, such as a 2nd chance with the top tier women you missed out on at state univeristy. Good points about avoiding Brooklyn and Queens.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Everyone hypes up Williamsburg and how hip Brooklyn is. Well, the truth is that the people are much snobbier in Brooklyn than Manhattan because they have an inferiority complex over not being able to afford Manhattan. Williamsburg has become the gateway for San Francisco and Pacific Northwest "hipsters" who either work in tech or live on their parents' money to chase clout. The women are weirder, uglier, and almost every single one is a Cancel Culture Woke Harpie. Brooklyn does not deserve the hype it gets at all.
Williamsburg is one neighborhood in Brooklyn, which has 2.5 million people. I always find it funny when people equate Williamsburg with "Brooklyn." (And half of it is Hasidic, so the part you're describing, the Bedford stop up to Metropolitan Ave, isn't even all of Williamsburg.) Though I do find that neighborhood obnoxious, and I agree Manhattan is tops for night life, I had many, many great nights in South Brooklyn and other neighborhoods.

However I'm not a club guy so my experience is probably different. I do like how hotel bars in Manhattan are hip and wild, with lots of travelers looking to party hard.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will add one more to this thread which I think the linked post kind of pointed out.

Foreign women in NYC suck and are of really crap quality compared to American women in the city.

I do no get the hype about Eastern European, Russian, or European women in the city. They were far more narcissistic, materialistic, shallow, rude, arrogant, and b1tchy than their American counterparts. Come to think of it, in all of my years of approaching the most boring and rude women I met were often foreign than American. At the same time, I had a lot of great times with American women from the midwest and from Pumpkin Pie suburbs lol. I mean it is just an NYC thing though because the foreign women in Miami are way way way higher quality than any of the crap I found in Manhattan.

I think it might be because foreigners come to Miami to have fun but they come to NYC to climb a social ladder. Eastern European and Russian women in NYC are arguably the second worst type of women the city has to offer, the absolute worst are Italian American women from the NY and NJ area (especially Long Island, nothing worse than an Italian chick from Long Island). I know it is exclusively an NYC thing too because Italian American women I've met from places like Boston and Chicago were some of the most chill women out there. Jewish women in NYC suck as well, the JAP thing is true and they are by far the most annoying demographic in the city.

If anything, I think the hordes of transplant women from across the country are what save NYC and Manhattan nightlife.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I will add one more to this thread which I think the linked post kind of pointed out.

Foreign women in NYC suck and are of really crap quality compared to American women in the city.

I do no get the hype about Eastern European, Russian, or European women in the city. They were far more narcissistic, materialistic, shallow, rude, arrogant, and b1tchy than their American counterparts. Come to think of it, in all of my years of approaching the most boring and rude women I met were often foreign than American. At the same time, I had a lot of great times with American women from the midwest and from Pumpkin Pie suburbs lol. I mean it is just an NYC thing though because the foreign women in Miami are way way way higher quality than any of the crap I found in Manhattan.

I think it might be because foreigners come to Miami to have fun but they come to NYC to climb a social ladder. Eastern European and Russian women in NYC are arguably the second worst type of women the city has to offer, the absolute worst are Italian American women from the NY and NJ area (especially Long Island, nothing worse than an Italian chick from Long Island). I know it is exclusively an NYC thing too because Italian American women I've met from places like Boston and Chicago were some of the most chill women out there. Jewish women in NYC suck as well, the JAP thing is true and they are by far the most annoying demographic in the city.

If anything, I think the hordes of transplant women from across the country are what save NYC and Manhattan nightlife.
But NYC has the hottest WHITE women outside of Southern California. It's the HQ of the fashion industry and other stuff women related. Women from all over live there. They also seem to be in better shape as well. Miami has more foreign women.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had several women start up conversations with me when I visited NYC in 2015. Most wanted to find out where I was from because of my southern accent and happen to hear me talking to someone else. Luckily I could keep the conversation going. I was only there for a week so it’s tough to say how I would have faired long term but I think most were interested only because I was a tourist with an accent they’d never heard before. Apparently guys from the south look different than NYC guys since very few of us are Italian descendent and we tend to have tans down here because it’s so freaking hot. It was a weird experience but fun. Boston was even better but their girls weren’t as attractive I didn’t think.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
I've mentioned Nashville as a city I like, but I also have to say I love Baton Rouge, since I did grad school there. Higher quality women are most certainly in smaller towns - and certainly, college towns. I dig the 5'9" platinum blonde in knee-high leather boots as much as the next guy, but the only real thing I enjoyed about NYC was attending a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon taping.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the absolute worst are Italian American women from the NY and NJ area (especially Long Island, nothing worse than an Italian chick from Long Island). I know it is exclusively an NYC thing too because Italian American women I've met from places like Boston and Chicago were some of the most chill women out there. Jewish women in NYC suck as well, the JAP thing is true and they are by far the most annoying demographic in the city.
Italian-Americans from Long Island, Staten Island, and New Jersey are an interesting group. When “Jersey Shore” launched in 2009, these were the people who were the original cast. The first episode of “Jersey Shore” was December 2009. In Summer 2009, the cast members were anonymous Italian-Americans from Long Island, Staten Island, and New Jersey in Seaside Heights, NJ (a coastal New Jersey town). Pauly D was from Rhode Island & Ronnie was from The Bronx.

Many Italian-Americans would be considered “The Bridge & Tunnel crowd”.

Jewish women tend to stay single for a long time in life. It’s common to see a Jewish woman with a bachelor’s degree or higher be single & childless in her 30s & even early 40s. They have a reputation for being demanding in LTRs. Many are careerist/feminist. There’s an interesting history with Jewish women & feminism as both Betty Freidan & Gloria Steinem were Jewish women.

Jewish women/women with Jewish ancestry are quite common in NYC. Most major metros have the Jewish woman demographic. If you live in a smaller area (typically 500,000 or less), there likely isn’t that much of a Jewish population.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live an hour outside of NYC. I did almost all my damage from OLD. Banging NYC chicks was not hard at all. Most would come out to my place in jersey after just one meeting for drinks. I live right by the train station so that helped a lot. Most of them don’t have cars.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Italian-Americans from Long Island, Staten Island, and New Jersey are an interesting group. When “Jersey Shore” launched in 2009, these were the people who were the original cast. The first episode of “Jersey Shore” was December 2009. In Summer 2009, the cast members were anonymous Italian-Americans from Long Island, Staten Island, and New Jersey in Seaside Heights, NJ (a coastal New Jersey town). Pauly D was from Rhode Island & Ronnie was from The Bronx.

Many Italian-Americans would be considered “The Bridge & Tunnel crowd”.

Jewish women tend to stay single for a long time in life. It’s common to see a Jewish woman with a bachelor’s degree or higher be single & childless in her 30s & even early 40s. They have a reputation for being demanding in LTRs. Many are careerist/feminist. There’s an interesting history with Jewish women & feminism as both Betty Freidan & Gloria Steinem were Jewish women.

Jewish women/women with Jewish ancestry are quite common in NYC. Most major metros have the Jewish woman demographic. If you live in a smaller area (typically 500,000 or less), there likely isn’t that much of a Jewish population.
Feminism was headlined by jewish career women. I won't get anti jewish here. Just stating facts that the most damaging political systems in human history came from the people who puts nepotism and materialism first, and everyone and everything else last. I don't like Freuds work either cause he tries to reduce humans down to a deterministic science as if we are low brain animals.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So before moving to Miami, I spent close to about 5 years living in NYC and I did not regret it. For your twenties, it is probably one of the best cities you can live in and it even outdid my experience as a fraternity guy at a southern school. Now this was all before NYC was hit by the pandemic which changed the city in a big way, not just economically but culturally. Despite all this, I one day dream of potentially going back to NYC before I get too old for it. Here are some of my observations.

The nightlife might unquestionably be amongst the best in the country.

Yes, the vaccine passes suck but even after that, I have to say that NYC's nightlife is the absolute best for pulling. I compare it to the nightlife in Miami which sucks a$$. In almost all major bars in Manhattan, you are going to find a lot of attractive women and they are DTF for the night. The logistics just line up to where if you live in Manhattan and go out for the night, you can find women who are DTF. I regularly pulled almost every week during 2019 by just living next to a good bar that got active on Thursdays. If you are trying to practice night game, alongside Vegas, NYC might be one of the best options. The other good part is that the nightlife is easily accessible and not closed off like it is in Miami.

I found this post below on Manhattan nightlife observations quite funny

Please do not buy into the hype about Queens, it sucks.

Seriously, Queens sucks. People will hype up Astoria and LIC, there is zero to do there nightlife wise. It is also largely unsafe and you can wander off into the wrong part fast. Lots of people will try to sell you on Queens because you can afford a nice apartment there and "all the young people are moving there". This is bull****, the "young people" moving there are largely cucks and people who cannot afford Manhattan. You do not go to NYC for a nice apartment, you go there so you spend little time in your apartment. If you are thinking of Queens, just buy a house in Kansas instead.

People from Long Island are unbearable and almost every woman from there is a clout chasing social media queen.

Long Island is overcompensation personified, full of people who are too poor to live in Westchester County and too soft to live in any of the five boroughs. You will meet a lot of people who are from Long Island in the city and you will like almost none of them. The guys try their hardest to act like characters in a Martin Scorcese flick and the women are practically the worst of western women personified with an extra air of superiority. Most of the guys will start fights wherever they end up (and usually end up losing most of them) and the women seem to act trashy no matter how much they try to act bougee. Anywhere in the city lots of people from Long Island end up is called a "Bridge and Tunnel" bar.

If your standards are low enough and you do not mind sticking it in crazy, then the upside is that you can get laid easily because the guys have literally zero game.

I'll add more to this.
I grew up in NYC, and while most of your observations are accurate I can tell you-you have very strong opinions and observations for someone who lived there for only 5 years. It's a big city with a lot of nuances.

Having said that, you are not far off. NYC has changed a lot over the years. Like you, most people that you see in NYC are transplants. For someone who grew up in NYC, those observations are superficial observations.

Modern Man Advice

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I live an hour outside of NYC. I did almost all my damage from OLD. Banging NYC chicks was not hard at all. Most would come out to my place in jersey after just one meeting for drinks. I live right by the train station so that helped a lot. Most of them don’t have cars.

And you're bald 5 foot 7, black as well! I thought thats like everything against success??

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
System? You mean like pua?
NFL quarterbacking. He's bad off-script but he sees the field well despite his height. Get eye rolling and he's a force. Completely immovable once he finds his launch angle.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC women (especially Manhattan) have been known to complain about doing anything involving leaving Manhattan, especially to go to New Jersey. Living by a train station in New Jersey would help a lot with that.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC women (especially Manhattan) have been known to complain about doing anything involving leaving Manhattan, especially to go to New Jersey. Living by a train station in New Jersey would help a lot with that.
Ive never had an issue getting women from any of the 5 boroughs to come to NJ. It sounds like low interest level…

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
NFL quarterbacking. He's bad off-script but he sees the field well despite his height. Get eye rolling and he's a force. Completely immovable once he finds his launch angle.
I've always pictured him looking like an Emmitt Smith. Thick, rugged and can take a beating and produce.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Minus the traffic it must be amazing you can get just about anything you need within a 15 mile radius in NYC. I'm from St. Louis and the metro area everything within 20 miles. Here in FL You gotta drive 30 or 45 miles where I live.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But NYC has the hottest WHITE women outside of Southern California. It's the HQ of the fashion industry and other stuff women related. Women from all over live there. They also seem to be in better shape as well. Miami has more foreign women.
Yes and no. It has some of the hottest white women, not the hottest, due to the fact that every sorority princess or well off girl wants to spend the rest of her twenties in that city. Go to the local talent in NYC and it is abysmal. Jersey has the trashiest white women in the country who always end up fighting. Long Island is a dump full of plastic queens that wear 20 lbs of make up (same can be said of Staten). The only decent chance is you meet some cool chill girl from upstate.