Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not sure what direction to take career wise

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it you want to say in a PM that you cannot say in public?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your value is greater than minimum wage.

I'm not going to dirty up Smile's thread.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
guru1000

Tenacity and Sylvester, you are both right!

If you two were to enter into this venture, you would fail. Confidence, patience, persistence, tenacity, and discipline (inner game) as well as a concrete modus operandi (outer-game) are mastered by the few. Accordingly, most start-ups will fail. Not a venture worth pursuing.

I don't know about Sylvester, but as mentioned, my career is B2B Sales/Commercial Finance and I've been in this field for the previous 8 years. I also have an MBA, so when it comes to business I know "a little something" about it. I did say that you indeed provided a good amount of information within this thread, but the OP doesn't have the experience nor the structure to know what to do with it.

Having confidence, patience, persistence, tenacity, and discipline, without a STRONG business structure (working capital, legal, accounting, market research, strategic partners/vendors, financiers, ROI analysis, strategic business planning and efficient experience/knowledge of the industry), is like having a car with a nice exterior but with no engine, transmission, brakes, A/C and axles. On the outside the vehicle looks like it's "ready to go," but you soon discover that it just doesn't have what it "truly needs" to go anywhere.

But I'm not faulting you guru, what you did was the standard on Investment, Business and Wealth forums and even conferences. It's the "rah rah" hyper positivity, touchy feely, motivational speechy messages designed to "fire up" those green newbies out there! The "go get em tiger" speech! It's fine, but inconjunction with that "go get em tiger" speech just make sure you train them on proper business structuring and planning so that "tiger" doesn't just START a business, but actually PRODUCES RECURRING REVENUE.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity, thanks for the input.

I would say, on average, I'm solicited with business plans a couple dozen times a month. Some of these plans are prospectuses for bona fide public offerings, not only delineating company modus operandi; but including certified existing and pro-forma financials, liquidation strategies, debt-to-income/PE ratios at aftermarket share pricing, LTD cost-efficiency book value, etc.

At the end of the solicitation, I take the prospectus and throw it across the room. I ask only one question of the solicitor: Why should I choose you?

I have entered into agreements with the most egregious-looking prospectuses, and have done quite well. Why? Because, while careful planning/solid infrastructure is ubiquitious in my arena, it is only the cussed bloody-minded, ramrod-backed type of damnfool entrepreneur that would rather break than sway with the breeze that will succeed.

I am Smile's infrastructure. The problem is elsewhere.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Tenacity and Sylvester, you are both right!

If you two were to enter into this venture, you would both fail.
No. I would not. I would succeed because I would have had the foresight to learn and understand the basic fundamentals of my business before starting up. I shall prove it too.

Last edited: