Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nobody understands the economy and everyone should shut up about it.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of seeing all sides of American politics telling each other that they "don't understand the economy."

Whenever one person or group says something about the economy.. there's always another person or group there to directly contradict said thing with an equally vague new statement.

And back and forth.. and back and forth.

"The economy was booming during (so and so) period," one group will say.

"No it was terrible," another group will jive without explaining further.

"Tell me you don't understand economics without telling me you don't understand economics."

^^^
This phrase in particular I'm finding increasingly infuriating. No explanation, no details. Just "you don't know what you're talking about because I say so."

How about ****ing NONE of you do? Try that on for size.

More and more I'm starting to see economics as something that you don't "understand" but rather something you get lucky with..

.. or not, and die or.. something.

That's how I'm seeing it now. Every society throughout all of human history has basically just been winging it and pretending they know what the **** they're doing.

Pretending that they have it down to some kind of "science."

I don't think there is a "science" to it. If there was, people would at least be able to agree on SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

But as it stands, nobody can agree on a single thing, and that lack of objectivity is telling.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then ignore them. The disconnect, as with most things societal, is due to heavy propaganda. If nothing is ever discussed, the propaganda is all that left.

ghcortez253

Don Juan
Reaction score
I listen to the true free market (classical liberal) economists. These are the ones who have a grip on reality. No one can predict exactly what, when, or how severe, but the fundamentals of our economy are awful, and our policy trajectory if not reversed and repudiated, leads to economic collapse, hyper inflation, and dictatorship.

DoubleBarrel

Banned
Reaction score
I listen to the true free market (classical liberal) economists. These are the ones who have a grip on reality. No one can predict exactly what, when, or how severe, but the fundamentals of our economy are awful, and our policy trajectory if not reversed and repudiated, leads to economic collapse, hyper inflation, and dictatorship.
****, man! That's heavy. But maybe not untrue ... unless us men stop being wimps.

logicallefty

Reaction score
The economy as a whole is a collective of emotions which are triggered by propaganda and manipulation via the media. But on an individual level, it's what we make of it. So much doom and gloom, but yet, my area is still flooded with "help wanted" signs. The only people I know who are not working right now don't want to work. They are making up every excuse imaginable as to why they are not. Prices of stuff is going up, but I do not yet know of anyone who is living in a homeless shelter because of high gas prices or higher meat prices. It's disgusting what has happened to the price of things since early 2021. I hate it as much as anyone, but I work around it. Enjoying my ribeye steak, mushrooms, bussels sprouts, and zero carb Bud Lite Next beer right now. Then working the next 15 x days straight. Cheers!

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a very heavy reality view on economics, such as no government allowed in any industry. I also have a separate one that involves homogenous societies with regulations that most members in said society uphold and don't abuse. The former is the one that most cannot swallow, but the latter is more tolerable if you want to have your cake and eat it too. You just have to make a social sacrifice.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Economic advice is all bullsh!t. Purple who claim to understand how it works can literally be beaten at stock trading by a hamster.

The fact that the housing market is a bubble just 12 years after the previous recession kinda says it all.

Also, a lot of people live in a fantasy world. They claim that people are starving to death because billionaires are greedy. The reality is no one is starving to death. The poorer people are, they fatter they are nowadays.