Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No Masturbation for 6 months! Join in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going off to have a quick wank ok.

Edit: Just came back from my wank. Man, that was awesome!

Last edited:

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah.

Out of pure curiousity i'll try it too.

What you gotta tell yourself is "Next time i bust a nut, it's gonna be on a girls face"

So i got 4 days of wanking left...definately calling in sick tomorrow :)

Persephone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have work to do, but somebody said, essentially, to put up or shut up, so I'm going to put up and let you lot sort it out.

The original article on the study done in Germany was reported in print, not online, in Der Spiegel. If memory serves, it would have been around the time of the last World Cup. A good college library should have back issues, although being able to read German is essential. On a shorter note, in English:

"The German team physician endorses sex for male and female athletes, saying: "Sex does not cause any loss of strength."

He may be right. This year, a Russian psychologist told a German newspaper that neither gender should abstain. "It’s simple," she said. "More sex means more gold.""

http://news.scotsman.com/features.cfm?id=814602004

If it's good enough for the German Olympic team...although this article gives a whole new outlook on the Games!

Also:

"Having sex before an event should not physically hinder your athletic output or performance . In actuality it may even help athletes before an important game. The usual scenario the night before a game or competition is one filled with anxiety and insomnia. One of the most inexpensive, easiest, and beneficial ways to have a good night's rest and relax is sex, even if it is masturbation. Only persons with severe heart conditions may have a problem with sexual activity, and those people would hardly be medically fit to undertake serious athletic competition."

So why do so many pro athletes swear by abstinance?

"The outcome is that the athlete believes in it so much that it influences him or her to perform better."

In other words, it works only because they think it works.

And:

"The Minnesota Viking's last four trips to the Super Bowl ended in defeat, 0-4. Might that be due to the fact that the coaches enforced abstinence the night before?"

Heh...

All from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=anatomy&refid=009

And

"... the coach's old maxim that sex saps strength is questionable, as long as proper rest and sleep patterns are maintained. A study at Colorado State University showed that having sex within 24 hours of athletic activity didn't hurt performance."

From http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_6_18/ai_67372497

No comment on masturbation here, but since sex is a heck of a lot more vigorous, not to mention time-consuming, I'd say that whacking off before the game is pretty safe, and you're more likely to get a good night's sleep, since orgasm helps with that. Too much exercise, though, can muck up your sex life.

As far as all of the wonderful things this experiment is supposed to do to your testosterone?

"Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.7,8"

from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south99.htm

So in other words, eight days into this, your testosterone is going to take a nice nose dive.

From the same site: frequent ejaculation in your twenties helps protect against prostate cancer, and frequent orgasm has positive effects on heart health and immune function, and where immune function is concerned, it's induced orgasms that do the trick, not nocturnal emissions, which is interesting. They key is induced orgasms. How they're induced doesn't seem to matter.

Where your prostate gland is concerned, it appears to be use it or lose it. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/04/040408090927.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/07/17/masturbate030717

Just for kicks:

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/masturbation.html

Problems associated with frequent masturbation? Lowered sperm count:

"The more a man ejaculates each week, the lower his sperm levels fall, new research shows. However, this ejaculatory frequency only partly explains why a man's sperm count varies widely each time it's checked."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-09/01/content_370811.htm

So if you're trying to become a father, backing off a bit might be a good idea. If you're not, once a day won't render you sterile but it will decrease your chances.

Orgasm is good for you, plain and simple. If masturbation is causing serious disruption in your life, the problem is either some kind of physical issue that requires medical attention or it's the result of what you believe about it. Read a few history books on the subject of sex and culture. It can help put the whole thing into perspective. As far as how you feel goes, I'm not interested in feelings because they're subjective. They apply only to the individual having them, and they are based on perceptions that often lack any connection to reality. Facts are a heck of a lot more important.

Have I been with a man who tried, with some success, not to masturbate? Yes. I've also known more casually many who felt wierd/guilty/depressed about it, and, like that particular ex, they tended to have a lot of other hang-ups, too. It wasn't that they weren't having sex, or even having a lot of sex, it was that they had a lot of artificial limits put on that sex. Some positions, kinds of play, or whatever were automatically out and any woman who indulged in them was a sl*t, regardless of her actual number of partners. They also tended to get freaked out by the fact that the female body was a human one, that women eat, sh*t, p*ss, menstruate, fart, and look weird first thing in the morning. A lot of guys I went to college with were like this, a few so bad that they wouldn't even look at their girlfriends before they put their morning warpaint on. So much for Saturday morning! Whether they grew out of it or not, I have no idea, nor do I know what created the difference between them and the men who did not have these hang-ups.

What they were not? Smooth operators or, if their girlfriends were to be believed, particularly outstanding lovers. They were just horny. And repressed. It got old.

Oh, and my editors? These guys know sex inside-out and backwards, but they were never AFCs. Or jerks, either. No they're not Alphas in the sense you all seem to define it, nor do that have much by way of game. Most may not even know what it means. What they are is smart, sophisticated, interesting, open and very sensual. They're a pleasure to work with, but they have no fear of pleasure, and that's a rare, wonderful thing in this world.

And no, I haven't slept with any of them, but they do want things from me and it's getting past time I delivered. I'm curious to see what they think.

Again, feel like you have to do this? Then do it. Good luck. But I don't think it would hurt to take a close look at what's inspiring it, not your knee-jerk reactions to masturbation but to what's behind them. Does it make you feel bad because it causes physical problems that orgasm in a women does not? Or do you feel bad because you think you should?

Persephone

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, feel like you have to do this? Then do it. Good luck. But I don't think it would hurt to take a close look at what's inspiring it, not your knee-jerk reactions to masturbation but to what's behind them. Does it make you feel bad because it causes physical problems that orgasm in a women does not? Or do you feel bad because you think you should?
I said I woldn't post anymore, but I'm really trying to make you understand the reason why many of us are trying to stop.cut back.

I am not giving up masturbation, completely... I will do it only when I'm feeling incredibly horny and need some release.. sometimes even a woman can't satisfy the urge.

This will amount to a few times /month.. for me. Others are so gorny that they can't go a few days.... whatever

The part that is disruptive is when masturbation becomes a bit of a passtime and a hobby. It's when it turns into something we do when we're at home and just bored.. with very little horniness happening

Think of a man's natural sex drive as a bank account. When there's always some enthusiasm and a bit of pent up sexual energy, masturbating won't affect him...Much like dipping into the savings account won't make you go broke... but, if you start spending way more than you can save, pretty soon things start getting in to the red... THIS is where the problem is at.

We don't give ourselves time to get back up to the normal levels.

After years of this, a man's mentality can start to change. Depression can set in, etc... Look up sexual exhaustion on google, and read up on it.

Masturbation is fine when it's not out of control.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persephone.........................

Go back to the Greek mythology from whence you came.....

Last edited:

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not buying any of that nonsense about ejaculation not affecting athletic performance.

Ever done it the same day as an athletic event? It kills your energy completely. It has nothing to do with your mental perception of it at all. I once whacked it about 3 hours prior to a cross country race. I had a good night's sleep, plenty of nutrition beforehand, but it was the ejaculation that affected me. My legs felt like rubber and I ran one of the worst races of my life. At that point in time I wasn't even really aware of how it affected one's energy levels. Now I am.

My personal experience is that ejaculation will sap your energy, at least for several hours afterward, and if it gets excessive, it can start to affect you in the long-term.

I don't care about all these "studies", as they are inconclusive anyway. Ejaculating up to 24 hours before an athletic event could mean anywhere from 23.9 hours before to 1 hour before the event. I highly doubt any dude would whack it an hour before a game. Ask any male and they will be inclined to agree with me. A male orgasm simply makes you feel very sleepy and passive for about 20 minutes afterward. It feels like you just woke up from a nap.

Personally I think ejaculating 3x a week is enough. Any more than that and it's almost like you're smoking pot every day; you're just generally unmotivated and passive in most of the things you do.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im gonna try to cut back. Im not goin 6 months but Im gonna try 2 or 3 week.

The point people are trying to get across is this: There is nothing wrong with masturbation, BUT if you let it control you or you do it to much (every day) it can become an addiction that lulls your sex drive.

kulowiper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in starting today lol ima have the usual wank but not white stuff coming out AHHHHHHHHHHh towardds manhood!! I think? lol

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting 28th today

also stop the goddam bickering. go get each others AIM and message each other. :rolleyes:

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah lets just forget that last reply i'm ****ed up i say one thing but don't mean it and whatever.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phantasmal
I'll join in. Sounds like fun. I want to see how my mindset changes. I haven't gone more than a week or two without jerking it since I was like 15.
yeah same here.
im doing this to see if my mind changes for the better. I have nothing to lose so i'll join also.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo was talking about starting a new thread, but I don't know when.

Nov. 24 - Thursday --- 4 days
- I did get laid by my g/f last night when she came back into town. I was horny as hell and my sexual advances were blunt and I'm usually very passive. Trying to get that out of my system once and for all. Training myself not to jerk off so damn much and get more sex.

Last edited:

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd day of not masturbating. One thing that I do when I feel the urge to masturbate is to think of how tired and weak I feel right after I bust a masturbatory nut.

I can't wait to not masturbate some more.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Heres a pointless list so far..............

SamePendo

nw1512

Phantasmal

C00L

Kerensky

Boner da Stoner

mroriginal

brosnake

monroe

strams4ever

steroidsrule

handle