"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

New problems....

Bolond

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2020
Messages
82
Reaction score
14
Age
46
My ex works nights 12 hour shifts. When she has her week with our kid she sometimes works weekends and the agreement was that i would have our kid. I did NOT have him at all when she works weekends this year!!

I asked her why and she said that she i taking free time from work at weekends when she was suposed to work. That is a lie!
I know that her new guy is babysitting our kid at night AND also babysitting when my ex is sleeping after work. That means that a NEW human is having full responsibility over our child for 20+ hours!

The kid is under investigation now because of the behavior. The kid is not as social with the kids at preschool,dnt listen very well and the kid doesnt talk at all.
My concern is that a NEW guy is babysitting the kid and my ex is a very bad parent.
I really hope the social services see What i see and i have already talked too them about her and the fact that she lets anybody babysit the kid for very long Times.
The kid is also going to meet a child psychologist. Im very consernd about my ex week with our kid and the choises she makes.....
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
What does the child support arrangement state in terms of "visitation"? Do you have joint legal / medical custody? As always, try to talk to her about it. If you get no where, file a brief with the court. You can even go pro se and see how far you get w/o an atty.
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
You need to get an attorney and have them file a motion to address these concerns. Don’t attempt to do this pro se. I can’t stress that enough. I’ve seen plenty of people with legitimate concerns who end up completely screwing up their case by trying to represent themself.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
19,083
My ex works nights 12 hour shifts. When she has her week with our kid she sometimes works weekends and the agreement was that i would have our kid. I did NOT have him at all when she works weekends this year!!

I asked her why and she said that she i taking free time from work at weekends when she was suposed to work. That is a lie!
I know that her new guy is babysitting our kid at night AND also babysitting when my ex is sleeping after work. That means that a NEW human is having full responsibility over our child for 20+ hours!

The kid is under investigation now because of the behavior. The kid is not as social with the kids at preschool,dnt listen very well and the kid doesnt talk at all.
My concern is that a NEW guy is babysitting the kid and my ex is a very bad parent.
I really hope the social services see What i see and i have already talked too them about her and the fact that she lets anybody babysit the kid for very long Times.
The kid is also going to meet a child psychologist. Im very consernd about my ex week with our kid and the choises she makes.....
Sounds like you really picked a winner. Next time screen better to avoid similar headaches down the road.
 
Top