"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Never Married, Over 40

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
Its a cute story but its not 1985 anymore and doesnt apply in reality. It isnt manipulation its just purpose, self-improvement and keeping people around in my life. She cant complain because she did exactly the same in her best years as all girls do these days. This is the hand we MEN have been dealt. All these movements are here for a reason. There are dozens of them, why?

You talk about respect - girls today celebrate late term abortion, multiple sexual partners, rampant man hating, social media attention seeking, nudes, affairs, divorce. This is all the normal now. What is their left to respect?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

A

AJ84

Guest
[
Its a cute story but its not 1985 anymore and doesnt apply in reality. It isnt manipulation its just purpose, self-improvement and keeping people around in my life. She cant complain because she did exactly the same in her best years as all girls do these days. This is the hand we MEN have been dealt. All these movements are here for a reason. There are dozens of them, why?

You talk about respect - girls today celebrate late term abortion, multiple sexual partners, rampant man hating, social media attention seeking, nudes, affairs, divorce. This is all the normal now. What is their left to respect?
did I say any of that is respectful? Don’t paint one colour with one broad brush.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
I like to take a step back... and I think what we're seeing here between @AJ84 and @Medina is that people are drawn to others on their own wavelength. I personally find myself on AJ's wavelength, but at the same time it seems that Medina and his woman have similar values and behaviors (wavelength) and they're both aware of it, and that's why I don't condemn him or his woman for how they act toward each other. They have a relationship on their mutual wavelength just like AJ and her man do.
 

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
I like to take a step back... and I think what we're seeing here between @AJ84 and @Medina is that people are drawn to others on their own wavelength. I personally find myself on AJ's wavelength, but at the same time it seems that Medina and his woman have similar values and behaviors (wavelength) and they're both aware of it, and that's why I don't condemn him or his woman for how they act toward each other. They have a relationship on their mutual wavelength just like AJ and her man do.
Exactly
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You talk about respect - girls today celebrate late term abortion, multiple sexual partners, rampant man hating, social media attention seeking, nudes, affairs, divorce. This is all the normal now. What is their left to respect?
It's the societal values.

Many of it is being celebrated and subcommunicated to young girls, that in the end, they get rewarded.
 
Top