"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

"Never answer a question"

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
A few dating tips I have read suggest you should never answer a question from a woman.

I find this difficult.

Any views?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Panther

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Location
London, UK
well, last week I went on first coffee date with a girl that seemed to have a huge IL.

and she was doing the "interview thing to me". And i was foolish enough to keep answering her questions

this drove the IL down enough so that she "was busy" last weekend...

It's ok to answer a couple of questions, but try to be vague

ThePanther
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I say use it as an outlet for c/f responses. But there is truth to it since women usually do not ask questions related to what they want to know about you. So before I answer I find out exactly what they want to know and then deflect using c/f if necessary.

Ever wonder what she really wants to know about you when she asks how many women you've slept with? I can think of at least 5 or more different things. What's the right answer, who knows? What are your chances of giving the right answer? Don't even try to figure that out without determining exactly what she wants to know and why.
 

captn caveman

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Location
Finland
am a tech guy, working in biomedical field.

Long time ago, used to give answer to "where do you work" like question,

Am at the uni

Then the questions would continue, and sometime when I get bored of answering, - I really donot care, if she asks, she will be answered - I push the conv. to her side.

Now an answer like:

Am at the uni. Studying bla bla. In this level. You?

Is s**t as you give too much info at once. Let her invest.

An answer like,

Am working for a university project, *smile* on the opposite field as the army does for enemies.

Am working for a university project, trying something new.

show interest in your life and in what you do.

Love yourself, they will love you.

and the answer is the clue.

*gonna be a poet soon*
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top