need help by christian guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Right, and suppose you die instantly in some accident or whatever and there is no time to do that. Suppose God doesn't accept it due to lack of sincerety. You may be able to beat a human system, but not a God system.
I've been told by a few Christians that are very well versed in the Bible, etc. that as long as you believe Jesus was the Mesiah and was indeed your savior you are entitled to Heaven.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
"As long as a person is doing whatever they are doing, whether it is bad, wrong, right, good, nice or just plain mean, conviction is the key to peace."

are you serious? "GOOD INTENTIONS" are worthless dontcha think? the issue is the INEFFABLE R E A L I T Y. is it good or bad?

lot of people have been killed throughout history because people believed sincerely, bad stuff.

delta

I doubt the idea is to stop human beings from killing other human beings. The intention I'm trying to point out is to find peace within one's self and not peace in the sense of world peace. To find peace with whatever one does. Even if it is during the act of killing someone else. Which undoubtedly is considered necessary in certain situations in this world.

And there is no 'true' answer as to whether something is good or bad. Once again, it's easy to label things as being bad or good without knowing what it truly is that you are labeling.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
requested said:
God wants us to take a leap of faith into accepting him and his son Jesus... Christianity is based on faith in what we cannot factually prove.
Maybe God gave us big, reasoning brains so that we could recognise 'faith' as a primitive and unreliable system. The whole religion thing was just one of His little shyt-tests, and it's those that thought for themselves and saw organized religion as a sham that passed.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly what i am trying to do

Ghengis Kahn said:
The other seems to hold that the the great purpose of life is to become a man in the purest sense; to develop oneself spiritually, mentally, and physically, which will result in a side benefit of becoming more attractive to women naturally.
Hence, the true Christian is faced with a dilemma. He knows he grew up as a total AFC wimp, has reviled this in himself all his adult life, and upon stumbling upon this site he sees a way out. He finds many ideologies, techniques, and healthy thought processes that will certainly aid him in becoming a man.

man you said it, i am a DJ because i wanted to improve my self and become a man, but my purpose was not to sleep with many girls as i can, but to imrpove my self so when i meet another girl i fall in love with, i have all the right mindset and technique to let her see what a great guy i am and a real man that she wants to bag.
I really didnt want a debate, that y i asked for christian help.
I just wanted some opinions so i can make up my mind.:)

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all this is a bad place to be asking these questions.

The Christian perspective is a very complex one and it requires a great deal of study to truely understand. Most people who live secular lifestyles will only hear the do's and don't from Christianity but they won't ever understand the theology behind these teachings.

Christians have a burning desire to become closer to God and to respect the gifts that we are given. In order for that to happen one must have an understanding of what is of God and what is not.

What christians know to be from God is very clear. The body and the soul is of God and because of that God plays a part in creation just as we do. It is the very gift of creation that makes us like God created in his own image.

With such a powerfull gift it is clear that we have a choice to use that gift for our own selfish desires or to act out of love and for creation. In the light of God there is no fear and as such the sexual act is never closed to the gift of life. God is never removed from the process of creation and that gift is never abused because of it. This is called divine love.

Divine love is generous; it generates. To put it plainly, this is why God gave us genitals: to enable spouses to image in their bodies (to "incarnate") an earthly version of his own free, total, faithful, fruitful love. When spouses contracept—that is, when they willfully defraud their union of its procreative potential—they become false prophets. Their sexual act still "speaks," but it denies the life-giving love of God.

To put it simply marriage is a requirement because it provides the foundation of love to support and provide for the creation of human life. Sexual acts that are closed to the gift of life remove God from creation.

A christian therefore would not ever desire to remove God from the gift of life. Love is always a selfless act. Childbirth is a selfless act. First a woman must be willing to die for her child and then she must be willing to live for him/her. Nothing could be more of an example of how an act of love is a requirement for life. Christians understand that God created the universe out of love and as such we have to chose to take part in that same process or reject it.

This is exactly what Jesus tells us.

John 15: 1-6

I am the true vine, my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear fruit. ... I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from him you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the blades are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one more thing...

Being a christian doesn't make you AFC in anyway. It is infact only when you fail in your christianity that you become an AFC.

Basically you have a perspective on life and what life is about. If you try your best to improve your life along those lines you are not in any way an AFC.

You will become an AFC if you fail to understand the theology behind your faith and accept the theology of modern secular society.

You are only an AFC if you chose to date women who do not share your perspective on love and life.

If you follow your Christianity you will end up with many children, you will provide for them, and you wil have a wife that respects you. There are many other vocations other then marriage but you will at least be true to yourself and be at peace.

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just prayed to god and he told me jesus is not the son of god.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
I've been told by a few Christians that are very well versed in the Bible, etc. that as long as you believe Jesus was the Mesiah and was indeed your savior you are entitled to Heaven.
The jury still out on that. I've been waiting for the second coming of JC.
But a word to the wise.....Don't hold your breath.

Also, even if your entitled to heaven their has to be one for you to get there.

Nevertheless, I will continue in the christian tradition.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
christianity does not necessarily an afc make.

in fact, jesus' notion of LOVE may indeed be the ultimate expression of POWER which equates in human terms to STATUS.

someone who is selfless and genuinely cares for the well-being of others instead of always looking out for himself subconsciously communicates PLENTY and SECURITY.

instead of being like a rat, hoarding everything because of suffering insurmountable scarcity, you're telling the world that you've got it all and so much in fact that you can spread the wealth.

in learning about power and status and behavior and such, discovering that in fact, LOVE truly is above all else, really surprised me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooo... and i think i just came up with a neat little aphorism, but it's based on an existing one but expands on it:

"prayer is the last refuge of the scoundrel, the first refuge of the saint and the only refuge of the fool."

delta

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:mad: I am sorry to upset you but if you are a Christian then you cannot engage in any sexual activity until you are Married, the Bible is very clear about this. :mad:

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adultery, such as visiting prostitutes and *****s is wrong by the bible.

Sex for love at any time in life is not a sin.

Sex is not a bad thing in any way by God.

Christianity is a flexible term, as in beleiving in God.
You can be a devote Christian and neer go to church, you can go to a christian church and be an atheist. God won't turn you away.

God has no rules as to how you beleive in Him, how you feel for Him, how you trust in Him, or anything like that. Anything in the bible can be interpreted in the way you see right.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While the original post was valid, many of the subsequent posts have taken a sharp turn for the worse. Since people can't keep their views relating to who the author of the bible was, what Mel Gibson's personal views are on the Jewish faith, and other such blather, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.