need help by christian guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
from reading all your posts, one part of me says that i should get laid, but not with every chick i come across DJing, only with the ones i really love deeply, i have only love one so far and she broke my heart, thats y i am a DJ now, i dont think i can love any one as much as i loved her, but oh well...
Another part says not to have sex at all, even with those you love deeply, ohhh i am not a indicisive guy, what should i do?? being a DJ and a Christian is really conflicting.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Its your choice man. You asked the question, we gave our thoughts, now its up to you to consider our points and how they stack up to your own.

Our part is done. But I still think this thread will go on about stupid religion issues. Admit it: By saying Christians only, you were just inviting controversy to get more attention for your thread! If it wasn't so deceptive, I'd call it genius.

Reaction score
Zerotwoonenine said:
from reading all your posts, one part of me says that i should get laid, but not with every chick i come across DJing, only with the ones i really love deeply, i have only love one so far and she broke my heart, thats y i am a DJ now, i dont think i can love any one as much as i loved her, but oh well...
Another part says not to have sex at all, even with those you love deeply, ohhh i am not a indicisive guy, what should i do?? being a DJ and a Christian is really conflicting.
Hey, let me invite you to this Christian site, and everyone else who is interested, at http://www.singlec.com/conversations my name there is "newnarbo".

Now, look at that, the one you loved deeply broke your heart - let's focus on finding someone who will not break your heart, someone who really likes you for who you are, and then focus on marrying her. If you dont have sex, then you dont know what you are missing - as I hear people who have sex and have dry spells have it hard because they know what they are missing. Instead, focus should be on improvment and/or finding the right person you can ask to marry.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I am a Christian. Luke, I agree with pretty much everything you've said, but no one is going to be able to prove Christianity right or wrong on a board like this.

I respect what the original poster of this thread was attempting to ask, and I think it may have veered slightly off subject. Putting all religious beliefs aside for a moment, I would prefer to marry a girl who has never had another guy inside her. I'm not saying I would only marry a virgin, since many people have "past" lives that don't reflect their current state, but that's what I’m looking for. The same goes for me, if I've had sex with other girls, I'm going to be automatically comparing them with my wife. Once again, I'm not trying to prove that I'm right, or even that others should hold this same view, I'm just stating part of the reason why I hold myself to the same standard this thread's poster is trying to hold himself to as a new Christian. Regardless of one's religious beliefs, or lack thereof, we should respect each other’s standards we've set for ourselves.

I believe his original question was designed to seek advice about what other like-minded dj's think about the issue of sex before marriage. He's not trying to prove Christianity, disprove any other religion, or prove that eating shrimp is or isn't ok.

Zerotwoonenine, in answer to your question, I understand what you mean when you say many rules are "made up by the church to suppress people", and those you have to decide for yourself if you believe they are right or wrong. The same thing goes for sex before marriage. Ultimately you have to decide if you believe sex before marriage is wrong. If you come to the conclusion that it is, as I believe most true Christians can't escape doing, you compromise your own integrity as a person by doing something that you believe is wrong. ...and that goes for anyone, if you believe in something, everything you do should be in congruence with that belief.

If you're finding it hard to refrain from sex, try going out with more girls who share your belief. If you're dating people similar to you, they're not going to leave you upon finding out that you want to wait until marriage. If anything, dating (strong) Christian girls will help you, since when you're in a weakened state (horny), she'll be the one to say "no".

PM me if you want to talk more.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No way man, NEVER go into a relationship looking for the girl you want to marry.

Never do that.

You will put too much importance on every girl who's just half decent and looks good. Instead let her qualify herself to you. You guys don't get it. You shouldn't have girls QUALIFY themselves because "you read it in the DJ bible", you should qualify them to see if they are someone you actually want to be with.

When you go in with the mindset of, "I wonder if I cuold marry her. Wow imagine our future...." you get hooked before you even know the girl. Love takes months, years, and is constantly evolving, it doesn't "just happen".

TBH man, it doesn't sound like you want to wait, you are just doing what you are told. It's time to be a man. Make your OWN choice. Do YOU want to, or do you NOT want to. This is your choice, it shouldn't be forced upon you.

Make the choice you desire.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets all guess just how many pages of religous bickering this will turn into?

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow so you are some christian who only wants christian advice yet you just follow whatever part of the bible you think is convenient? You fall into the typical christian hypocrite image that people dislike. It's sort of like how Mel Gibson says he is hardcore christian when in real life he enjoys trying to kill people with drunk driving and saying racist remarks.

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
God is not mocked - whatsoever a man soweth that will he reap. He that sows to the flesh shall reap corruption, he that sows to the Spirit shall reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7-8
That's not what the poster was saying. He was saying that the bible assumes people are sinners so you can do whatever the hell you want (such as molest boys or drive drunk or kill people) but as long as you repent afterwards then you're going to heaven.

Reaction score
Passion said:
Luke Skywalker, the bible says it's fine to own slaves and stone gay people to death, you follow that too?
You are missing a few points. The bible is not a political book it is a spiritual one. When people's hearts are re-born and they have the Spirit living inside of them, then naturally unjust institutions will fall apart, and if it doesn't fall apart, then the relation human to human would be better. The Bible's mandate is not to start political revolutions or change a system, put to save everyone, and by having more people around that have the right spirit inside of them, it would in turn create a better society.

The fact is still sin is sin. The stoning is symbolic that the wages of sin is death. But Jesus came to give us life, so since He died for our sin, the stones go to Him in the cross for our sins, and we are set free to live a new eternal life - so we dont have to face the consequences of sin in the next life.

In terms of death, everybody is going to die at some point, so in a sence, everyone to date has died as a consequence of sin. That's the Final Destination of Sin.

Reaction score
Passion said:
That's not what the poster was saying. He was saying that the bible assumes people are sinners so you can do whatever the hell you want (such as molest boys or drive drunk or kill people) but as long as you repent afterwards then you're going to heaven.
The Bible is clear that God is not mocked. You can deceive yourself, but you cant deceive God, because God looks at your heart and can see through acts of sincerety so it's all really pointless to be insincere before God.

Now if you molest boys or drive drunk or kill people, there are going to be consequences for those actions, if you repent and ask for forgivenss afterwards. For starters, you'll have to turn yourself in and plead guilty for that type of prayer to be honoured and pay the penalty imposed by society.
What the person did to the victims will rest in his concious for his whole life and he cant take it back. While in jail his freedom is restricted and there is no women in jail. Once he is in the right 'spiritual' state, he'll come to feel remourse and sorrow for his actions.

So, you see, your scenerio is not so simple. So just because someone may be going to heaven after doing certain wicked deeds and repenting from them, doesn't mean they dont have to face consequences here on earth in some way.

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
In terms of death, everybody is going to die at some point, so in a sence, everyone to date has died as a consequence of sin. That's the Final Destination of Sin.
No it's not, plants, animals all die. And people all have skin, so maybe death is a consequence of skin.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Skel said:
The good thing about Christianity is that it differs from all other religions.

religion is this. You do this and you go to heaven.

Christianity is this. You dont do this and you still go to heaven because you will be forgiven so I say have fun and get laid
that is not what we believe.

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
that is not what we believe.
It is what you believe. It says it in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

He has the right idea, go out there and do anything you want.

Ghengis Kahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! I'm quite sure that Z requested christian help only to avoid the angry posts from the God-haters on this board. He knew they would respond angrily, just as they have. Who would have thought?

Man...give the guy a break. He's asking a sincere question. It's simply amazing how people will jump on a soapbox to display their ignorance for all the world to see. Especially that S1NN3R guy. Dude, your lack of discernment (fueled by the blinding of intense anger) is stunning in its scope. Simply appalling.

Now Z, first things first. I'm going to give you the council you need. But first, tell me how you know you are a true bible-believing Christian? How do you know for sure that you have a relationship with God? By telling me this, I will have a good fix on where you stand and I will be able to council you accordingly.

Ps 1:1
Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly
NKJV

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ghengis Kahn said:
Wow! I'm quite sure that Z requested christian help only to avoid the angry posts from the God-haters on this board. He knew they would respond angrily, just as they have. Who would have thought?
But that's why I asked if his situation merits the distinction of him being a Christian, does it even matter? Did anyone reply to that? I may have missed it.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
passion,

jesus was also the guy that stood up for the local prostitute when she was about to be stoned and said the "let he who is without sin..." thing....

in christianity, the new testament overrides (they would say "fulfills") many of the legalistic precepts, rules and regulations (clean unclean stuff, animal sacrifices, etc) in OT.

stoning is not a christian practice. but then again, neither was the inquisition.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

original poster,

remember the new testament thing about eating meat sacrificed to idols? eating the meat is not sin in and of itself but if you DOUBT, then TO YOU, it is sin. that's a bytch of a rule huh?

HEY, BUT SLOW DOWN... you've got bigger problems than that - masturbation and fantasy (lust) is out for you too... errr, unless i suppose you can mechanically masturbate without thinking about any hot chicks!

as for actual sex, that's CLEARLY an explicitly stated nono...

if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, don't ask us, don't ask here! even christian PUAs have all their rationalizations ready.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU SHOULD ASK?

YOUR PASTOR. i'm curious to see why you haven't. afraid what the answer might be?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

i always thought christian rules regarding the mating game was ridiculous as soon as people stopped getting married when they turned 16....

can you imagine these rules for someone who has to stay single into their 30s? utterly, unbelievably CRUEL.

delta

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ghengis Kahn said:
the God-haters on this board/QUOTE]

Who's a God hater? What poster on this board has said they hated God?

I don't think your statement is true. This is not very christian like.

Please repent

Ghengis Kahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
While waiting for Z's answer, I'd like to bring up an observation about what goes on here.

It seems that there is a real dichotomy regarding the purpose, or rather function of this site.

One school seems to hold that the great purpose of life is to "sarge" as much as possible, learn the techniques and sleep with as many babes as possible.

The other seems to hold that the the great purpose of life is to become a man in the purest sense; to develop oneself spiritually, mentally, and physically, which will result in a side benefit of becoming more attractive to women naturally.

Hence, the true Christian is faced with a dilemma. He knows he grew up as a total AFC wimp, has reviled this in himself all his adult life, and upon stumbling upon this site he sees a way out. He finds many ideologies, techniques, and healthy thought processes that will certainly aid him in becoming a man.

But on the other hand, his faith in God, and of course the scriptures, tell him that God expects him to wait for marriage before having sexual relations. As an aside, this view should be respected by others as this is his spiritual belief and he has every right to it. So what if it differs from yours? His problem is that much of this site condones premarital sex, while much of it also has excellent advice on "manning up". Hence, there is an element of conflict for the Christian on this site.

Let's give this young man a break and graciously allow those who diligently study scripture, believe scripture, and LIVE scripture to answer him without badgering from God haters. Let there be an adult, respectful discourse on the subject, without the juvenile, simplistic, knee-jerk "God hates people and wants to kill them" mentality. This mentality is always borne of a preconceived agenda of hostility toward God and toward those who love and respect Him.

So what if he asked for help from fellow Christians? He was just trying to prevent unnecessary debate since non-Christians would probably not be interested in dealing with his dilemma. Some of you guys are "tolerant" of any and every belief and ideology except Christianity.

Ghengis Kahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
But that's why I asked if his situation merits the distinction of him being a Christian, does it even matter? Did anyone reply to that? I may have missed it.
I would say that his being a Christian certainly does merit distinction.

He is experiencing a conflict based on what he learns here vs. his spiritual beliefs, or at least that which he believes is taught in scripture.

I think it's a fair question and it's incomprehensible to me why mature, enlightened men would disparage any man for inquiring of others who share his spiritual beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.