Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need career change advice...

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh dude, you don’t know what a sysadmin really does. IT is an unrewarding career and you are competing with globalization (India who work 14 hour days). Sales is you best bet
@MatureDJ ‘it’s over for UnskilledCels’
Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I work for a good company and make good money working from home.

I didn't start this way though, I started in desktop support working in the office. There are plenty of non-WFH sysadmin jobs too.

M

member160292

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I work for a good company and make good money working from home.

I didn't start this way though, I started in desktop support working in the office. There are plenty of non-WFH sysadmin jobs too.
Moving up in IT is somewhat difficult now because the talent pool is saturated. With OP who doesn't have any experience/expertise in the field, he has to compete for an entry level position, work his ass off to move up. Not saying it can't be done at his age, but I'm not seeing the investment tradeoff for someone in his position.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moving up in IT is somewhat difficult now because the talent pool is saturated. With OP who doesn't have any experience/expertise in the field, he has to compete for an entry level position, work his ass off to move up. Not saying it can't be done at his age, but I'm not seeing the investment tradeoff for someone in his position.
He‘s a webdeveloper, getting into pentesting should be very easy for him.
Can‘t say we‘re oversaturated in Germany, it‘s the contrary. I saw inhouse positions not filled in years, suppliers and authorities won‘t pay good money and are also struggleling. IT and Cybersecurity are in very high demand right now and there are enough new jobs posted on jobboards daily

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I agree somewhat regarding the investment tradeoff. Regardless if you work inhouse or even as a freelancer, you are completely dependent on your skillset. As a freelancer, all you can offer are service hours, you don‘t have sellable goods/scripts like programmers have… I don‘t think it will make you rich. But if you find something, you do with passion, you can live well of it

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No it's not...trust me. It's one of the greatest misconceptions out there. Maybe saturated at the bottom but there are not a lot of good developers, especially not ones that understand how to design applications properly and allow for scaling as needed...

Anyone can fix a few bugs here and there. Very few developers can adequately develop an application from scratch.

M

member160292

No it's not...trust me. It's one of the greatest misconceptions out there. Maybe saturated at the bottom but there are not a lot of good developers, especially not ones that understand how to design applications properly and allow for scaling as needed...

Anyone can fix a few bugs here and there. Very few developers can adequately develop an application from scratch.
IT =/= Software