Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need career change advice...

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, currently been a website developer for the past 8 years but honestly I suck at it, while i made a ton of improvements i just dont have the drive for it anymore and working from home is mentally killing me. Im looking for a BIG career change where I can make good money without a degree. Can you guys help me out here and list off a couple where I would need to get a cert as an example.

I want something where i make enough where i can afford a basic lifestyle with my own place and be able to afford my own car. Thats all i want at this moment.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A technical or trade job is the fastest way to a liveable wage. A friend of mine had no background in either technology or medical jobs, but now makes a decent paycheck as an ekg tech. He works in a hospital, but all he does is service and maintain the ekg machines.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, currently been a website developer for the past 8 years but honestly I suck at it, while i made a ton of improvements i just dont have the drive for it anymore and working from home is mentally killing me. Im looking for a BIG career change where I can make good money without a degree. Can you guys help me out here and list off a couple where I would need to get a cert as an example.

I want something where i make enough where i can afford a basic lifestyle with my own place and be able to afford my own car. Thats all i want at this moment.
Pentesting Webapps. You have all the foundations and these jobs are in high demand. Salary in Europe for entry is 60-80k €, depending on your skills.

Perhaps taking things apart is more your thing, than building them.
I was in the same shoes. Hated to be a Sysadmin after 15 years, but hacking systems was just fun for me.

M

member160292

@SW15
I'm living comfortably in an expensive city without having a degree. @Crissco is looking for a new career where he can get right into it and start making money. Certs are pretty useless since everyone has them.

I went from selling cars to 8 figure deals. Sales has provided me with a nice lifestyle and the opportunity to travel, meet interesting people and absorb their knowledge.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pentesting Webapps. You have all the foundations and these jobs are in high demand. Salary in Europe for entry is 60-80k €, depending on your skills.

Perhaps taking things apart is more your thing, than building them.
I was in the same shoes. Hated to be a Sysadmin after 15 years, but hacking systems was just fun for me.
Funny enough i think you're right, my dad went to school for engineering so to me its "in my blood" i was always the "computer guy" even as a 8 year old kid parents would come to me to fix their computers, i was building computers and making websites with drop and drag builders in elementary school. But now with coding its the math part the even for loops that are getting me and its basic stuff, maybe im just not putting in the effort since im getting sick of websites and sitting infront of a computer it'sself?

M

member160292

Funny enough i think you're right, my dad went to school for engineering so to me its "in my blood" i was always the "computer guy" even as a 8 year old kid parents would come to me to fix their computers, i was building computers and making websites with drop and drag builders in elementary school. But now with coding its the math part the even for loops that are getting me and its basic stuff, maybe im just not putting in the effort since im getting sick of websites and sitting infront of a computer it'sself?
Oh dude, you don’t know what a sysadmin really does. IT is an unrewarding career and you are competing with globalization (India who work 14 hour days). Sales is you best bet
@MatureDJ ‘it’s over for UnskilledCels’

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Start your own company and web dev agency maybe?

I mean since you have over 8 years of experience so you could theoretically with that knowledge move into the "première league with the big boys" e.g. you run your own business?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sales is difficult. I always recommend jobs not in Sales or Marketing since those job functions have zero job security.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15
I'm living comfortably in an expensive city without having a degree. @Crissco is looking for a new career where he can get right into it and start making money. Certs are pretty useless since everyone has them.

I went from selling cars to 8 figure deals. Sales has provided me with a nice lifestyle and the opportunity to travel, meet interesting people and absorb their knowledge.
Good industry but plan to work 7 days a week for 12 hours a day in car sales.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start your own company and web dev agency maybe?

I mean since you have over 8 years of experience so you could theoretically with that knowledge move into the "première league with the big boys" e.g. you run your own business?
I have a web dev company since 2013 i had like 6 clients total over the period of years(not including freelance work), some i had on retainer for 2 years some not. I just didnt put in enough effort to make it happen with residual income. That was my issue. Now im so sick of doing websites AND working from home since i get depressed easily, i want something where i can use my outgoing personality instead just logic / design all day.

Last edited:

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was possibly thinking real estate agent but its very oversaturated, just like website development is...BUT, i can use my marketing and website skills to sell myself, then again i tried that with personal training and websites and didnt work for me

M

member160292

Good industry but plan to work 7 days a week for 12 hours a day in car sales.
Definitely not recommending car sales, B2C is too ethic-situated for me, I was young and didn't know any better. Any entry level sales gig in tech software will help you grow to better positions/industries/companies. Not a good time to be in realty or finance until the interest/inflation is situated.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly right now i need a stable paycheck, im thinking of becoming a security guard again for the time being, then keep searching and applying while i sit in the booth all day

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A technical or trade job is the fastest way to a liveable wage. A friend of mine had no background in either technology or medical jobs, but now makes a decent paycheck as an ekg tech. He works in a hospital, but all he does is service and maintain the ekg machines.
He could tell chicks that he's a heart-breaker. :p

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a web dev company since 2013 i had like 6 clients total over the period of years(not including freelance work), some i had on retainer for 2 years some not. I just didnt put in enough effort to make it happen with residual income. That was my issue. Now im so sick of doing websites AND working from home since i get depressed easily, i want something where i can use my outgoing personality instead just logic / design all day.
You need to transition from being the only worker in the company to being the CEO, so you can do and work with the processes in the company that actually interest you then. To do that you need to max up and get more customers and amply some staff. Its a lot of hard work , but it will be rewarding once you get there if you put in the hours.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to transition from being the only worker in the company to being the CEO, so you can do and work with the processes in the company that actually interest you then. To do that you need to max up and get more customers and amply some staff. Its a lot of hard work , but it will be rewarding once you get there if you put in the hours.
Getting the clients was always my issue, i even hired a telemarketer for 6 months. Got me one client which i lost.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was possibly thinking real estate agent but its very oversaturated, just like website development is...BUT, i can use my marketing and website skills to sell myself, then again i tried that with personal training and websites and didnt work for me
Real Estate Agent - Most saturated industry that exists right now. Median income is 35-40K a year and 90% of Agents who start today won't be here in next year.

Source: I work in Real Estate. It's absolutely brutal.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without a degree or some type of apprenticeship, i'd say sales. You get to talk to people, it's always in demand, especially if you're good. It is stressful and there is a reason why most people don't want that job but it might be a good change of pace.

FYI - the grass is not always greener on the other side. Any profession you decide to take on requires hardwork.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What skills do you currently have ? if you know angular or any of other front end framework , you could transition to software developer and earn good money.