Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Name your Favorite Movie

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dead mans Shoes, the greatest film Hollywood couldnt get their hands on.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. The Wind and the Lion
2. Braveheart
3. Darkest Hour
4. Goodfellas
5. The Big Short

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight Club. It's the only movie I can watch over and over again. Most movies are a one-and-done for me.

Oh, and Batman Darknight with Heath Ledger.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. The Wind and the Lion
2. Braveheart
3. Darkest Hour
4. Goodfellas
5. The Big Short
Guess I must have stolen Dunkirk from your list since I mentioned it first, lol! That's at least three movies that are based or inspired by True Stories. Molly's Game (2017) or Wolf of Wall Street (2013) didn't make your list?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The movie I've liked best from recent years is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
I watched the first 20 minutes of it and planned to watch the rest but that was like a year or two ago. It's currently on netflix-Canada.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess I must have stolen Dunkirk from your list since I mentioned it first, lol! That's at least three movies that are based or inspired by True Stories. Molly's Game (2017) or Wolf of Wall Street (2013) didn't make your list?
Lol. I actually loved Molly’s game…but didn’t want to make an extensive list…Of course the original Star Wars too…

Dunkirk was beautifully shot but I liked the way the story was told more through Darkest Hour. I’m a history buff though & have always revered Churchill from this side of the pond…

Merry Christmas Gang & Cheers

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunkirk was beautifully shot but I liked the way the story was told more through Darkest Hour.
This is getting off topic (not that I care), but I liked the way 1917 was told (different war, I know). The way it follows the protagonists through the trench warfare landscape, the realism, etc.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent and @zekko, they are actually all good war movies. For example, there was this one time, I watched Darkest Hour, but paused it half-way in the movie where I felt the movie was beginning to overlap with the time-line of the Dunkirk movie, then watched Dunkirk, then resumed Darkest Hour and that was like a *wow* realistic war-time re-enactment from both sides in that story.

1917 deals with WW1, and one can argue, so does Fatima (2019) - the Portugal apparition of Mary during WW1 which provided hope to a population in despair because of the extent of the military losses and you had three children lifting the spirits of many small villages around with a story of hope. They really haven't made allot of nice movies re-creating the times and period of WW1 that captured my interest apart from those 2. There have been others, but they have been rather boring (Passchendaele 2008). It's like Hitler and Pearl Harbor makes WW2 have some sort of Hollywood status because of the crazy ideas, advanced time of warfare that was fully used, that is simply seems more sensationally portrayed compared to WW1.

Before 1917, what did we even get recently? WW1, is often portrayed as a backdrop in some romantic movies (ie Frantz (2016), etc... or Christopher Robin's inspiration of Winnie the Poo (Goodbye Christopher Robin 2017), so it was a badly needed movie to at least put WW1 in the cinematic map.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1917 deals with WW1, and one can argue, so does Fatima (2019) - the Portugal apparition of Mary during WW1 which provided hope to a population in despair
That was a good one too.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. I actually loved Molly’s game…but didn’t want to make an extensive list…Of course the original Star Wars too…

Dunkirk was beautifully shot but I liked the way the story was told more through Darkest Hour. I’m a history buff though & have always revered Churchill from this side of the pond…

Merry Christmas Gang & Cheers
Molly's Game has made an impression with me because I'm not at the slightest level interested in poker. However, the choice of cast, the way Jessica Chastain brought Molly Bloom to life, made me re-watch this movie multiple times. Normally true-story movies are boring, and I might just only watch it once as a "checklist" (ie it was nominated or awarded for an Oscar/Golden Globe, or it made a watchmojo list or a prolific youtube movie reviewer highly recommended it, etc...) and never see it again since they are usually not fun at all to watch. But Molly's Game is amazing as a solid movie. Another nice movie I can think of based on a true story was Beautiful Mind (2001), that was re-watched on multiple occasions. They come far and few in between.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Money Masters is a classic documentary and vital for one's education

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ-related: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and the old Alfie with Michael Caine.

Anything else: Fight Club, Sin City, Young Frankenstein, Some Like it Hot, Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 and Stalker(Russian version). I just don't want to pick one.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also going to have to shout out Under the Skin and Annihilation.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To name a few Underworld, Resident Evil. Insidious, The nun.

drane

Reaction score
tie between "the magnificent seven (first version) and Terminator II