Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My self-improvement program

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, your doing most of what the men in the world, hell most of the men on here, DONT DO! It's ACTION! The key to getting women and getting laid. Without action, your a chump with big dreams and alot of useless information in your head.
Your doing what half of us **** our pants trying to do. So you keep up that good work, show some of the people on here what they should and could be doing if they'd grab their nuts (ME INCLUDED ON THIS) and talk to women. Damn

Well done, Keep it up

Ben ;)

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did you read any material? or did you just go out in the field and started to gain experience

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
moto said:
did you read any material? or did you just go out in the field and started to gain experience
As I told you a hundred times over PM..., I first read a bunch of stuff and then went out there to experiment with it. And i'm still doing that. You'll learn the most from field experience. Read the important parts of the DJ bible and just get out there. There is no magic trick or magic book that will get you laid. YOU GOT TO DO IT AND YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP YOU. Stop asking the same questions over and over and just get out there my friend. It's really the only way. One field approach will teach you more then reading ten books.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
weird, I just read this now...I'm 20, live at home, studying psychology. Don't smoke, rarely drink, I do enjoy working out frequently and have a tremendous desire to leave home. You are right about field approaches serving as valuable teachers.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the year I studied psychology I learned that writing down stuff activates chemicals in your brain or some sh*t. Long story short, you'll memorize things better and it goes down to a subconcious level where it gets processed. It is true; when I got to learn boring sh*t I just write it down and BAM, I remember it.

I'm going to make a check-list of things that are (as perceived by me) desirable to women, and things that are turn-offs. Plus, a moment of self-reflection is always good. Here goes:

Good:
  • Looks. Really, I'm a handsome dude.
  • Physique
  • When it "clicks" with a girl, I can keep a good conversation
  • I hold good eye contact & smile a lot
  • I'm funny, witty
  • Getting better at kino

Bad:
  • I'm still afraid to actually take action. I don't feel when it's the right moment, and when I sorta do, I turn into a p*ssy and don't do anything. I'm talking about isolating.
  • ...without isolating, no kissing either
  • I sometimes run out of things to say. It really sucks when there is a silence in the conversation. I can't make every conversation flow naturally.
  • Not really good yet in making a conversation sexual. Sometimes I notice girls get really hot over me (this is not bragging) and I don't know how I ever did it. I'm often not prepared for it, and I don't know what the f*ck I gotta do with it when it happens. Last time was at work, with the chick that handles my contract and salary and sh*t. I wanted to change my contract, just a formal thing. I wasn't planning anything either. At one point she was completely leaning towards me with her boobs hanging half out of her shirt, with pupils as big as nickles, talking about my changed salary in a low, sexy voice (and believe me, my salary is nothing to get hot about). It confused me, and it sorta turned me on. I walked out of there half rockin'. Now I think back of it, it was actually kinda funny.
  • I'm a total f*cking idiot at picking up signals and using them. Really, I've had signals that were as clear as a punch in the face... and I've missed them. I always realize them when I'm alone in my car driving home... when my thoughts wander. By then, the signals are obviously due date and useless.

So there you have it. Longer then I've planned, but that's how it usually turns out.

I may look like a geek to some of you, but I feel this is an important part of my program. And really, the positive reactions in this thread are the only ones I care about and reply to :)

Keep watching this thread for updates :) :up:

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
I may look like a geek to some of you, but I feel this is an important part of my program. And really, the positive reactions in this thread are the only ones I care about and reply to :)

Keep watching this thread for updates :) :up:
Dude, YOUR NOT a geek. Right, here it is bro.

-Whose the one doing the action here?
-Whose the one actually making commitments to improving his life?
-Whose the one that CAN and DOES notice the signals, even if they are too late?

Think about it ;)

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @ the last two posts. I just have a positive outlook on life. Sometimes I worry about death and stuff, but you cant worry about the things that are inevitably going to happen, you just have to define your life and what you did with your precious time while you have it.
which is why your going to be seeing alot less of me on here soon, I'm going to be making much more use of my time, before I realised I have no more time left.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No much news on the girl front... Went to a hard rock concert yesterday. Was crazy. Joined a bunch of huge tattoo-ed dudes to form a moshpit. Recieved a bunch of punches on the head & face but it was worth it i guess, lol. Had a great time. The right side of my face is ****ing blue right now.

I noticed that I developed the desire to talk to girls when the opportunity is there. Especially when I'm drunk.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last saturday I went to the bar again with one of my buddies. The one I talked about earlier. He's also trying to improve things with the ladies, only he's a bunch of steps behind me in improvement. But he's really positive and doesn't give up. I observe him and I can exactly see when he does something wrong by looking at the girls reaction. Lots of things I used to do too.

There were 3 girls. 1 fat, loud and annoying one, 1 kinda cute one and 1 hot one. I talked a bit with the kinda cute one while my buddy interacted with her too. He kinda came between us a couple of times. I figured he liked her so I tried to talk with the fat one. After 5 seconds I hated her and ignored her. One other friend of mine was in that bar too. He was drinking pure vodka's at an alarming rate. He told me he drank 70 bucks worth of booze since he got there because his girlfriend broke up with him (4 f*cking months ago that is). The guy was f*cking hammered. I felt sorry for him because I've felt sh*tty a lot of times too beacause of chicks. I tried to tell him this is not the right way to get over it and stuff. Nature called after a while and when I wanted past the fat one who was blocking my way I asked her politely to get out of the way. She keeps blocking me on purpose and says something to tease me. I was a little drunk by then so my primarily reaction was to tell her to f*ck off. She did and she hated me after that, which was good; cause she'd shut the **** up.

I got back and started talking to my drunk buddy again. My other friend tried desperately to make some rapport with the kinda cute girl. I was there for almost an hour and never even talked to the hot one. I turned to her and started to talk with her by introducing myself. I forgot I did that an hour ago and apologized for it. She had forgotten it too which was funny. Conversation went well, I used a bit of kino on her. I was chatting her up, it was good. Then the fat chick decides they all have to leave NOW. They get up immediately and litterally run towards the exit. No way some fat b*tch gonna ruin this for me. I stand up and start to walk fast to catch up with them. My buddy asks: "Where are you going?" I reply: "I'm gonna score a number, be right back.". I'm outside the bar and they are walking away from me. I call her name and she turns around. "What's up?" I gesture her to come over and ask for her number so we can hang out sometime. She grabs my phone and enters her number. Sweet, looks like I'm getting good at this :)

I'm gonna call her tomorrow.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't make enemies with the potential ****blocks man.

If I were you'd I'd have bought the fatty a cheap drink and turned her into a mouthpiece for the whole night. Once she's content that you like her, move on to your target while your wing handles the fatty and the cute ****block.

Never piss off the girl's friend(s).

On-top

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome progress! Don't let up, and don't stop posting your advances and missteps as you move forward. Once you let up, it's very difficult to get back into the routine.

I've been in your shoes before, and I currently find myself back in a similar position again. There is no substitute for getting out there and just doing the things you want to do. You are fully on the right track, and you must stay on track. Over the last several years, I've moved numerous times, I went through some pretty bad busines spartnerships, and just generally had my confidence and ego crushed. It has been difficult, and now I'm slowly rebuilding my confidence and charisma to levels it's been before. Remain aware at all times of how you feel, and why you feel like that, and make adjustments accordingly. Remember you are the most important part of the equation. Stay healthy, and keep your attitude in check. Keep on trucking, and each day learn from the day before.

But I realize that you haven't got much feedback, though you've written half a book. So I thought I'd give you some of the highlights of my first run with self improvement. It will help me refresh myself, and there might be some tidbits you can add to your game.

About five years ago, I made a conscious effort towards self improvement, physically and mentally, in order to not only get girls, but to also improve my quality of life. This process coincided with me moving to a new town, where I knew no one. I have always got a long with about everyone, but I was never popular. But here I was in a new town, with a completely clean slate. I worked from home over the internet, so my job was not very social. I talked with clients from all over the world on telephone and computer, but not much chance for flirting with chicks.

This site was a major factor in my personal challenge to myself. Each night I started reading more of the DJ Bible, and I could see how much of an AFC I was. It was all burnt into my head. So I realized I would have to get out more, I would have to make an effort to do something nearly every day, or certainly every week, that interacted with a variety of people. One thing I did, was started a drum shop with a friend of mine. I realize not everyone has the means to do this...and it wasn't very profitable...but it was a start. It was African drums, with some guitars, banjos, incense, chimes, and whatever else we could come up with. My friend and I each put all our own personal instruments in there, just as filler, and we would have drum circles once a week..and we'd let the public come in and bang drums. It was fun, and it gave me a chance to meet a lot of people. It also gave me something 'tangible' to say that I did when they asked my occupation. I had been saying 'web hosting' for so long, and no one knew what it was. So when I was able to say "...Oh..yeah..I run that drum shop up the street." It was very nice.

The next thing I did was found a local bar that I could become a regular at. The town I was in was perfect for this..it was right on the edge of a big city, so every weekend there would be a new crowd from the city coming in to drink, while it still had a solid group of locals that were there most nights. It was also a restaraunt in the day, so you could take clients or visitors there. It had small bands that played, and an occasional open mic night, all bringing new people and experiences to the place. I've seldom been a 'regular' at a bar, but this one I tried to pull off as best I could. It was very close to where I lived..so I could walk there. In turn, I went drinking more often...3-4 times a week. HOWEVER...I only stayed for 2-3 beers each time I went, rather than only going out 1-2 a week, and drinking until I was drunk. While I was getting ready to go out, I would turn on something on TV that had a lot of social interaction, by people with no inhibitions. Maybe watch the Howard Stern show, or Wild On E!, or Insomniac with Dave Attel. Just something where people were talking to strangers, and they didn't care what they said. It really helps get you into that "I don't care" mentality.

I also got to know the bartenders, waitresses, and especially..the owners who also bartended occasionally. It was my little 'Cheers' where everyone knew my name. The cool thing about that though is...elevated SOCIAL STATUS as soon as you walk in the door. I would walk in and someone would yell my name, somebody else would have a beer ready, and anybody new to the bar would think I was somebody. SOCIAL STATUS is very important. It's like when you (Snowdog) were at the gym, talking to the hot chick, then after being seen talking to her...everyone started making conversations with you. You appeared alpha to them. Being associated with a hot chick raised your social status. A lot of people try to buy social status with cars and expensive goodies, but the most effective way to to get it is to take confidence and persistence, and earn it! It feeds itself! Once a hot chick sees you with another hot chick, they wonder why you're not talking to them...so they talk to you, and it feeds the chain.

In this bar, I would walk in..and I would give all the girls who were regularly there kisses on the cheek. Then one girl just started kissing me on the lips when I'd come in. Then the other girls subconsiously wondered why I wasn't kissing them on the lips..and proceeded to do the same. It just continued to grow. I also tried to tip well. Not huge, but the first drink of the night..I would tip good. I would normally say something like "Can't always do that..but you always treat me right and I'll try to do the same.." or something like that. Then they don't expect a big tip every time, but they respect that you try. And it starts the night off good. And if you don't know them, you make an impression. And they continue to treat you good. It's all in the details.

Having a place like this that you can visit at any time can really help your self confidence tremendously. You can start the night off there, meet up with friends and they all think you're pimp. Maybe stay there, or maybe go off to bigger and better things. Or you can come there to wrap up your night, and know you're going to feel good.

Anyways, I'll write some more later. I'm just trying to make progress myself, rebuild confidence, and get in a little better shape physically now that spring is here. It will be refreshing.

Keep moving forward, man!

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the huge reply my man. I think it's really cool you actually read through the entire topic as I posted the gym thing a while ago. :) It's much appreciated. Good points you made there, too.

Update on the chick I nuber-closed at the bar:
So I called her 20 minutes ago. I just got back from band rehersal (yea, I'm starting up a rock band again :) ) and I just pulled over right before I drove into my street and just called the girl. It was around 11pm. I thought like f*ck it, might as well call now or I'll just keep doing nothing like a p*ssy.

Beep... beep.... [she picks up]
Her: Hello?
Me: Hi, this is Snowdog
Her: Snowdog?
Me: Yea, from the [bar name] from last saturday, you don't remember?
Her: ahhhh yea, I see.
Me: Riiight, you had a late night after leaving the bar? Haha
Her: Yea, kinda I guess
Me: Well that's good. ... Hey you still wanna hang out sometime?
Her: Yea sure, sounds good.
Me: On thursday I happen to be in your area, how 'bout then?
Her: Oh no then i'm too busy. I gotta work all day and I have drivers lessons.
Me: Ah cool, how many did you have?
Her: eight now
Me: You're allowed to shift already?
Her: Yea, I'm allowed to do everything.
Me: That's cool, great. But yea..., like I said I'd love to hang out sometime but I'm really busy also. Only pretty much the wednesday and thursday are free, the weekend is also filled up every week.
Her: Well, I still go to that bar in the weekends.
Me: Yea,... alright. But you know, I was more thinking of hanging out together you know...
Her: Well, sure, we'll talk about it.
Me: Alright, cool. Call me tomorrow OK? I'll see if I can free up a spot if you tell me when you're free.
Her: I will do that.
Me: Right-o, speak to you later.
Her: Bye (I heard she smiled while she said that)

OKAY.... well that went... OK i guess. Sh*t man, I haven't been able to get a date out of it. But, on the other hand, the conversation was pretty fun, light and it wasn't that hard. I used to have a hard time talking to chicks, especially when they're hot. Oh well, I guess I'll just text her if I don't hear anything from her tomorrow. That's the last thing that'll be coming from my side if she doesn't reply to that. Two strikes and you're out is my new rule.

Whatever comes out of this, I'm happy. Like I said last week, I'm getting numbers, calling those numbers and talking with hot chicks. I'm definitely on the right track indeed.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She hasn't called back yet, which I totally expected. Girls are predictable, in being b*tches. Maybe I'll give her another call next week if I feel like it.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I texted the girl from the last message, and I didnt' get anything back. Oh well.

The reason that I haven't been posting lately is that I've finally have got a new computer. A really awesome one. Migrating old files (including bookmarks) took a while since I'm busy with a lot of sh*t. Last weekend I finally had the time to go out again:

SATURDAY:
The old band mate from the previous posts called me. There was some rock 'n roll party in some bar in his (hick) town. That day I went to a theme park so I was pretty tired. I got to the bar and started drinking. It was pretty cool because the music was good. There were a buch of professional dancers which was also pretty cool to watch. There also were a bunch of totally drunk dudes who were a full-on entertainment show.

I approached a really cute girl and started to talk to her. Some dude kept hanging around us so I asked him if he was her boyfriend. He apperantly was, and I almost got into a fight for asking him that. But luckily, sh*t calmed down quick enough and he bought me a beer 5 minutes later. I talked to every girl I could and they all reacted positive to me. I also talked to the professional dancer women, who were probably around 50. The funny thing was0 that they really loved me. Seriously, older women want to eat me up. I wish I could get that same reaction with chicks from my age.

Another funny thing. I came from a different town, so I had to be careful anyway. In that place, people get their asses kicked for being from a neighboring town. But by the time the evening was over, every dude thought I was the coolest guy ever. I've never had so much beer for free from total strangers. What is my point you might ask? Well, somehow I radiate some coolness or confidence that make people like me. I was just calm and myself, infact I was very tired. I didn't do anything outrageous. But everyone loved me by the time I left, shaking hands and sh*t... Of course, everyone was drunk..., but this was new to me. At least to experience this to this degree.

On the way home I drove with my bike into the river. Being extremely exausted+lots of beer=bad sh*t. It sucked, but it was kinda funny afterwards. The fact that my phone got wet wasn't that funny though.

I wish I could tell some cool story about chicks, but there weren't many around. I just socialized a bit, and the chicks I wanted to hit on were taken by big, angry rednecks.

I know, a little weak post compared to previous ones. But hey, I can only tell you guys the truth. Next wednesday I have a party from my work. So that means free alcohol. I'm planning on misbehaving excessively. I'll make up for this post I promise.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, just got back from my work party. I drove there with my boss, I didn't drive, so I could get drunk. Which I did.

At one point I started talking to this total hottie I've only met one time before on work. It was when I worked on a saturday, which I normally never do. So, I kinda forgot about her, but she rememberred me alright. Really, she was HOT. She's part Italian, but has blue eyes. Beautiful, exotic face and a really nice figure. She could have been a Bond girl really. While I talked to her I felt like I was on top of my game, it never went this good with a girl. The conversation was natrual, It didn't take effort for me to make her like me. I was funny, and ****y. I made her laugh, she playfully pushed me away and such... A group of dudes surrouded us who wanted to hit on her too but were only able to watch with their arms crossed. I was like that not too long ago. When I realized that for a short while it made me feel really good that I was out of that group by now.

Then suddenly some of my collegues show up and make fun of me. They tell me I should stop staring at her boobs. I felt akward after that. I mean, how do you respond to that? "No, I didn't" makes you sound like an insecure chump and "yea sure" makes you sound like an ass-hole, and I can't pull that one off properly. Somehow I managed to recover from that sh*t and after a while my boss mingled into the conversation. He asked her if she had given her t*ts names. She told them and then asked me if I had a name for my d*ck. That was funny. I never was asked a question that sexual from a chick that hot... and I didn't really know what to say. I made something up like 'little soldier' or something stupid. I also managed to recover from that little akward thing. After that I walked away with a good feeling and planned on going back later to talk again. Then my boss pulled me apart and told me to back off of her, because he was f*cking her.

Of course, I left her alone after that. No chick is worth that sort of sh*t. An hour later he told me it was a joke. I didn't find it that funny but laughed about it anyway. I was too distracted by all that sh*t afterwards to get back into my game. It was going so well. I tried anyway but it didn't work. I added her on myspace anyway, maybe I'll be able to get something out of it. I'm gonna try anyway.

So that's the update for today. I'm blaming no one for not being able to succesfully close this one, but it was another valuble lesson anyway :)