Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My self-improvement program

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
I'm really getting the feeling I'm done here... and the whole pickup community. It helped me a great deal and I learned what I wanted to learn. I'll probably write up some long-ass post before I really leave though when I have time and feel like it.
Oh, and **** this post. I'm having too much fun writing field reports.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, I'm still alive and I never felt better.

The pressure is off the whole dating/girls thing for me now. I have generally no more trouble hanging out with girls. Sure, I get rejected still, but not as much as I used to. Plus, I'm not afraid and nervous anymore. It has become a natural thing for me to flirt and I'm getting pretty good at it.

Life is great now and I'm very happy I spent the time and energy on improving myself.

I'm about to graduate college in a couple of months. When I started this thread, I thought I could never even get into it.

Things sure have changed. I'm a happy guy.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word up, Snowdog. Keep your head up, and your eyes open.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump? How's your progress?

crossedup

Don Juan
Reaction score
just read the whole thing and you are absolutely inspiring Snowdog! I'm amazed that you were able to make such a drastic improvement. You had your ups and downs but in the end you triumphed because of your persistance and your courage. I wish I had a fraction of your willpower and guts. Looking at where you began, I now realize that with some hard work anyone can acheive what they desire. F*ck yeah man! I'm so stoked there was a happy ending:D

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the friendly words guys, and I'm happy this thread is an inspiration to some of you.

I graduated college a month ago and got a great rating on my final thesis and my presentation on it. It's slowly sinking in still, but I can tell I'm just feeling really good from it.

Flirting with girls has become a part of my personality by now. I'm not intimidated by hot girls anymore, ever. I get make-outs all the time these days in bars and ****, I get numbers when I'm talking to girls working at Subway or a department store... it's awesome. Again, I couldn't even dream about pulling all of this off.

In the upcoming week I'm gonna hang out with a super hot girl who's just got her master's degree and she's cool as ****. She's a dancer so she's got an unbelievably hot body and she's super flexible too. It's gonna be amazing.

And all of this is just through persistence and not giving up. I'm really convinced that if you just work hard enough and refuse to give up that anyone can get there.

I've really slowed down on the boozing too, by the way. The need for it just went away. In fact, I'm the DD a lot and I even find myself getting better results while hitting on girls sober. I still drink socially, but I quit the hard-drinking alone bullsh*t.

I also finally figured out that clubs will never be my thing, ever, so I stopped going to them trying to have fun and hook up. It's not for me, end of story. Plenty of hot girls in many other places. And that's the thing too, some things just aren't for everyone, even though these places get pushed a lot in this community. I don't go there because I don't like them and I still get girls. It's also a part of the process, acknowledging that some things aren't for me and that I'll never get good there. So yeah, f*ck those places. I don't need 'em.

Crossedup, you can do it too, man. Just don't give up and keep on going. Look at the date of the first post. It took me a while to get here, but it was worth it. Every little bit of it.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got laid with the girl I talked about on the previous post a couple of weeks ago. She's been a dancer pretty much her entire life, she's took a bunch of belly dancing classes and she's also into yoga now. So yeah, body of a godess, and amazing moves and positions. It was amazing in every single way imaginable. Super passionate, hot stuff. The kind of **** you see in movies. We had sex on the beach once, another first. She told me I was the best she ever had on several occasions.

A lot of things sure have changed since I started this thread on 04-23-2007.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started this thread 11 years ago.

And now I'm posting an update 6 years after the last post.

A lot of things have changed, to say the least.

In the last 6 or so years, I have traveled half the world and slept with dozens of women from virtually every continent. Pretty much all the sexual fantasies I've ever had came true. I re-read this thread just now and I can hardly recognize myself in my writing. It's been a struggle for sure, but things have worked out better than I could ever imagine on this front. They really, really did. I almost forgot how ****ty the place was where I came from.

I've started my own business around the time I made the last post and it is really growing into something. It's not making me rich yet, but it makes me happy, and no-one's telling me what to do. Satisfaction is here, and I'm confident the money will follow eventually.

Life has brought its triumphs and tragedies as life does, but I managed to make the most of it and have an overall good experience. I have managed to stay on the right path most of the time and it has lead to good things.

And the girl I talked about in that previous post? I'm marrying her soon. I can't wait to start the next chapter in life with her, and I can't believe I want to settle down because hooking up with random women is boring to me at this point. I'm looking forward to the prospect of starting a family and having children. This might sound horrible to you now as you read this, but you need to understand that being in your early 30s brings a different outlook on life than being in your late teens (when I started this thread). You'll probably understand when you get there, even though I'm well aware that that makes me sound like an old ****. That's fine.

To stay in-line with the format I established a while back:

Takeaway/things I've learned in this whole process
  • Be in good physical shape. It's achievable by everyone who's willing to work for it.
  • The people who say that's not true and wussies who aren't willing to put in the work. You can do this. But you got to want it, and be willing to hurt and sweat for it. Several times a week.
  • There's no excuse for a young guy to be out of shape. I'm in my early 30s at this point and I still manage to be super fit. If you're in your early 20s, you can do this way more easily.
  • Go to NerdFitness.com and read everything on there. No need to get into the paid stuff. The free articles tell you all the basic things you need to know. Google and Bing will help you find the rest if you want to get deeper into it.
  • Join a boxing/jiu jitsu/krav maga/mma gym. Go there 3 times a week. You'll be amazed what it will do to your body and your character.
  • In my personal experience; paleo diet + martial arts will lead to having the body of a Greek God.
  • If you're afraid of martial arts, that's a sign it's exactly for you
  • Hard work leads to results
  • Sometimes not the results you were initially looking for, but results regardless
  • This is true for every endeavor
  • You will fail
  • Fail
  • Fail
  • Fail again
  • Then something great will happen
  • Then you'll fail again
  • And again
  • And again
  • And ****ing AGAIN!
  • When you really feel you want to quit, that's the universe/god/whatever you believe in testing you
  • Life is not fair. This is a fact. Accept it because it will always be true no matter what. Don't b1tch about it and move on when it happens to you (and it inevitably will, at multiple points).
  • Say on the path. When you feel defeated, that's the exact moment where you need to be strong and push on
  • And then things will slowly change
  • And you'll still fail
  • But it won't matter so much anymore
  • And girls will notice that
  • You'll develop a different aura around you that's very attractive to women
  • It is something that needs to be earned, like respect
  • And you'll only earn it by failing a million times, and staying on the path despite of that
  • There's a big chance that the things you learned from failing will be useful at a completely unexpected moment, sometimes years later. It's a tired cliche, but there is truth in failing your way to success. So embrace it, don't be afraid of it.
  • The final takeaway of this 11-year-old thread should be: Work hard and good things will come to you eventually, regardless what you pursue.
  • Be an interesting person first and the rest will follow. Including girls you couldn't even dream about.
  • Stick to it. If I can do it, so can you.

Things I wish I had heard/seen when I started this
If I were aware of this wisdom back when I was struggling with this issue, I'm confident I'd "gotten" it a lot sooner. I still managed to find my way out of my problems, but it took a long time. The things these men discuss in these youtube clips are pure gold nuggets of wisdom. I believe things would had fallen into place a lot sooner if I were aware of it.

Sit down, don't do anything else, and listen to this. It will more than likely change your view on everything. And If you like what you see in these, go down the rabbit hole from there. There's a ton of very profound wisdom to be found here.

If you have any questions about anything at all, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

I'll check into this thread every now and then.

Last edited:

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2021 Update: happily married for 2.5 years, career going well, and we got a dog. Currently looking to buy a house and we are trying to conceive. Next chapter kinda stuff. It's awesome. I'm 34 years old at this point, by the way.

All things considered, life's good.

I can't thank everyone on this board enough for the info and support over the years. I hope this thread will serve as an inspiration to those in the place where I once was.

Last edited:

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
2021 Update: happily married for 2.5 years, career going well, and we got a dog. Currently looking to buy a house and we are trying to conceive. Next chapter kinda stuff. It's awesome. I'm 34 years old at this point, by the way.

I can't thank everyone on this board enough for the info and support over the years. I hope this thread will serve as an inspiration to those in the place where I once was.
I was just wondering this morning what happened to all the people who used to post here 10-12 years ago. Thanks for the update!

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score

My guy ended up marrying the girl with the masters degree. Any life updates?

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My guy ended up marrying the girl with the masters degree. Any life updates?
Thank you for asking.

Career going well. Marriage still going strong. Both of us fit and healthy. Bought a house. Traveled a lot together.

Biggest news, though: I am a father now. We have conceived a beautiful, healthy boy. I won't bore you guys with the details but all the clichés you hear are true. It's the most amazing thing that will ever happen to you. It is also the biggest responsibility you can have, and from that flows meaning in life. Nothing is more important now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a lot to be grateful for.

Last edited:

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I skimmed through the thread again and it brought back a lot of memories. If there's one thing I'd change about all of this, it would be not using alcohol as a crutch. I drank a lot in my twenties and early thirties. Hopefully, I won't have to pay the price for that later in life. We'll see.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job. This board needed some positive energy and thanks for coming back to the thread you started Snowdog. I probably retired from the game about the time you started the post and it took marriage problems to bring me back to the board

Keep up the great work

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job. This board needed some positive energy and thanks for coming back to the thread you started Snowdog. I probably retired from the game about the time you started the post and it took marriage problems to bring me back to the board

Keep up the great work
Thanks man.

I wish you all the best with your woes. Keep your head up.

If I had to give the version of myself that started this thread, it would be:
  • Eat healthy. Paleo diet worked wonders for me.
  • Do sports and get fit. My favorite by far is martial arts. Boxing, kickboxing, jiujitsu, and Krav Maga are all recommended because they’re also useful in real life situations. That said, pick whatever sport you enjoy so you will do it several times a week
  • Don’t overdo it with the booze and other vices.
  • Surround yourself with positive and motivated people. Good chance you’ll meet those at whatever place you do sports.
  • Read Jordan Peterson’s two “12 rules” books and take what is in there to heart. They are works of genius that will change your life for the better, no matter of your current position. There’s something for everyone in there.
  • Live your life according to these points and things will fall into place. Don’t bother with the manipulation stuff and the 48 laws of power dark triad BS. You don’t want to manipulate women into liking you like a damn psychopath.