Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Journal: Rebuilding... stone by stone

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays Workout - Chest, biceps, calves and abs

Bench press 7x187 lbs +1 rep
Bench press 6x176 lbs

Incline db bench 8x63.5 lbs +2 reps (piece of cake)
Incline db bench 4x70 lbs +6.5 lbs

Incline bench press
5x110 lbs
Incline bench press 5x110 lbs

Calf raises with barbell 10x308 lbs +44 lbs
Calf raises with barbell 8x308 lbs
Calf raises with barbell 9x308 lbs

Biceps Curls 8x99 lbs +5.5 lbs
Biceps Curls 4x99 lbs
Did one set dbs as well to finish off the muscle

Incline sit-ups 20 reps
Incline sit-ups /w 70 lbs db 12 reps
Another ab machine 10 reps

Comments

Pretty lousy workout even though alot increased. Had no spotter for bench so I had to use a closer grip because I cant get the bar out otherwise cause my arms are too short. Think I would have nailed 8 good reps if I did.

Db benches went fantastic. They just flew up with little effort. Still the triceps/stabilizers holding me back.

Sit-ups are kinda annoying to do because of the weight straight on top of the lungs. Think im gonna try putting the weight behind my neck next time and use lower weight. Biceps curl was ok, cheated on last rep but imo its ok to cheat a little on biceps.

Was a bunch of biceps boys who did biceps curl in the squat rack. Not only did they use only the bar to curl but they were dressed gangsta and tried to be cool. Apparantly they got pissed off at me when I complimented another dude that it was good to see someone doing legs seriously instead of just doing biceps.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Db benches went fantastic. They just flew up with little effort. Still the triceps/stabilizers holding me back.
No-one's mentioned 'stabilisers' on this forum for a while, I was hoping it'd stay that way.. :cuss:

How do you figure your triceps are holding you back if the weights are flying up?

You can do decline situps instead of inclines.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The part of the lift where chest is involved is going really smooth while the triceps are lacking :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
The part of the lift where chest is involved is going really smooth while the triceps are lacking :)
You mean the lockout, or the mid point? How fast is the bar moving?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about db presses man. The bar bench is alot smoother. Db bench get stuck when elbows are at between midway and lockout.

Hehe Alex, check this vid of mine. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcwgP-8YcsA

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL

You don't have to drink them neat. Mix them with whey.. nice video all the same dude. :p

Personally, the incline bench press is the biggest mass builder (the incline gives a superior fascial stretch plus the barbell version lets you use more weight) so I'd do this first in my workout, unless a big bench press is your goal (as opposed to chest size).

For the triceps thing, I'd make your db presses done with a hammer grip (like hammer curls), elbows tucked. You can still do them on an incline if you want. Other options are close grip benches or floor presses.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aye its me. I slap myself to kinda interrupt my trains of thought and just do what I am supposed to do.

Ah, thanks alex. I'd like to hit a decent bench press number as well. Im weak as hell atm. Found the way to get good contact in the chest with bench even the clavical part of the chest is flexed good.

Hm, you mean switching out the dips for CGBP or sim?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too damn tired today so Im gonna read the other journal updates later and reply to your message alex. Hope you understand. Been carrying furniture the entire day then gym on top of that just wanna get my protein shake and sleep.

Todays Workout - Back + Tris

Dips 10xBW
Dips 8x55 lbs added +11 lbs
Dips 5x55 lbs added
Dips 4x55 lbs added

Deadlifts 8x308 lbs +2 rep
Deadlifts 5x308 lbs
Deadlifts 4x308 lbs
Deadlifts 3x308 lbs
= 20 rep

Pull downs9x198 lbs +1 rep
Pull downs5x198 lbs
Pull downs - Wider grip8x176 lbs

Bent over Rows 10x132 lbs
Bent over Rows 8x154 lbs

Comments

Workout was great, I had alot of strength even though I was lifting the entire day. Deadlifts went up ALOT easier than last time. I stopped at 8 because got a small injury from lifting furniture after back day last time. Didnt wanna press too much. Gonna try 319 next time and see how it goes.

Dips went "OK" Im gonna switch em out for another triceps exercise. Alex has given me a few to chose from, i'll see where I end up :)

Pull-downs have stopped increasing so Im gonna go for pull-ups instead to mix it up a little.

Bent over rows were OK, but my lower back was shot so I couldnt go full on them. The last set was easy, could probably have managed 22 lbs more at least possibly even 33 or 44.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Todays Workout - Legs + Shoulders

Weight: 207-209 lbs

Military Presses 8x121 lbs +5.5 lbs
Military Presses 8x121 lbs
Military Presses 6x121 lbs

Upright Rows 8x104.5 lbs (thought I increased 5.5 lbs went too easy)
Upright Rows 8x104.5 lbs
Upright Rows 5x104.5 lbs

ATG Squats 6x308 lbs +11 lbs
ATG Squats 4x308 lbs
=10 reps

Clean and front squat 6x198 lbs

Hamstring curl 4x10 plates (I actually counted wrong last time, it was 8 plates)
Hamstring curl 8x8 plates +2 rep
Hamstring curl 6x8 plates

One-leg leg presses 10x220 lbs (10 reps per leg)

Comments

Workout went ok. Im totally exhausted after this weeks work. It was a wonder I managed to go to the gym at all. I felt very strong in the shoulders. The 121 lbs felt very light and I could do more than 8 reps the first set but I stopped.

Squats went ok, I used 4 plates instead of 3 and the bar wobbled more from the weight than usual so it felt harder. Was very good squats though, no cheating :) Gonna try to get 8 reps next time then increase to 319. Switched around workout because I felt squats were out of the question. Did some front squats as well as some leg presses. Felt ok.

Sorry for not responding like usual... been too tired to do anything this week.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterdays Workout - Chest, bis and calves

Bench Presses 8x176
Bench Presses 6x176

Incline db bench press5x70 lbs +1 rep
Incline db bench press8x58 lbs
Incline db bench press6x58 lbs

Biceps Curls6x104.5 lbs +5.5 lbs
Biceps Curls6x104.5 lbs

Calf raises /w barbell 10x264
Calf raises /w barbell 10x308
Calf raises /w barbell 6x352 +44 lbs

Comments

Been like a zombie the last weeks, havent been able to eat well enough because too much work and too little rest along with alot of physical labour.

Went pretty crappy this workout because my food intake havent been good enough. Should resolve itself now. Now Im off to a really long sleep to reboot my system.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally the strength is returning after one day of recuperation. Been ramming down food in my throat all day. (no homo) Hopefully it will be noticable next leg session. Lacked a bit of energy today.

Todays Workout - Back and tris

Dips 10xBW
Dips 8x44 lbs
Dips 6x66 lbs +11 lbs
Dips 4x66 lbs

Skull Crushers 10x82.5 lbs
Skull Crushers 8x82.5 lbs

Deadlift 5x330 lbs +22 lbs
SLDL 8x220 lbs +44 lbs
SLDL 6x220 lbs

Pull-ups 6xbw
Pull-ups 4xbw

Bent over Rows 10x80 kg +2 rep
Bent over Rows 8x80 kg

Comments

Hm I might have gone overboard with the triceps today. The 44 and 66 was pretty easy. I'll still do CGBP on next bench day which is like 4 days away so tris should be healed by then. Just felt they needed some additional blasting and skull crushers are always nice. I do the ones going behind the head.

Deadlifts went ok but I felt a bit overtrained so to speak. Gonna try get full reps next time.

Pull-ups were disasterous, 6 reps without weight... man thats pathetic. Rows however felt incredibly light I could probably have smacked on a bit more but I was playing it safe. Been a while since I did them. Gonna try to keep them in the workouts for now.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice quads. what program? just a bb split? how old are you?
gl with 220!

Reborn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers man, its just a combination of what seems to work ok for me. I go with the flow so to speak. If my body doesn't feel ok on a workout I cut down the load a little, if it feels good I might do an extra set or a bit higher weight than intended. Still try to push as much as possible but its been hard lately with all my friends being busy working.

Im 23 :)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye reborn is me when I hit my 10 post a day roof :)

Todays Workout - Shoulders and legs

Military Presses 8x126.5 lbs +5.5 lbs
Military Presses 5x126.5 lbs
Military Presses 4x126.5 lbs

Upright Rows 7.5x110 lbs +5.5 lbs
Upright Rows 7x110 lbs

Lateral Raises 8x25 lbs
Lateral Raises 5x20 lbs

ATG Squats 6x308 lbs (se comment)
ATG Squats 2x330 lbs +22 lbs

Leg presses 5x572 lbs (assuming the sled weigh 44 lbs)
Leg presses 5x572 lbs

Hamstring Curls 8x9 plates +1 plate
Hamstring Curls 6x9 plates
Hamstring Curls 5x9 plates (assist on 3 reps)

Wrist Curls behind back 12x88 lbs +5.5 lbs
Wrist Curls behind back 12x88 lbs
Wrist Curls behind back 10x99 lbs +16.5 lbs

Comments

Strength is definitely returning, lots of energy. I had a bad sourness in the lower back so my squats weren't increasing because of the damn soreness. Legs had the push power but my back lacked the support. Were really solid reps, hams were touching calves at all reps. I got pissed off at my back so I decided I'd add 22 lbs and push out a few reps just to get it done. Did some leg presses instead and I'll save squats for next week.

Shoulders was pretty easy, didnt like the lateral raises very much but hopefully they'll pay out. Added them after alex tipsing :) Not sure Im doing em right so I'll lower weight and do them with perfect form next time.

Got a compliment that I've grown quite alot in a short time both last workout by a friend and this workout. This guy said my legs looked swole and my ass has grown. Kinda strange to get complimented on my ass by a guy. :up: