Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Journal: Rebuilding... stone by stone

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off Im really happy about how this board seem to have turned out. Alot of people have decided they want to change and work hard to achieve it. :up:

I got an addictive personality. If I like something I got a really great chance to get addicted to it. If its stuff like lifting then its all good and dandy, if its stuff like world of warcraft then its rather bad.

Fact is I stopped lifting for a while and thinned away while playing wow until I decided to quit... being a measly skinny-fat guy again made me pissed off at myself. So I decided to start lifting again and not really having a journal I though that this place would be great. It gave me motivation to start in the first place. This was little more than 2.5 months ago so I've been training for a while. At my worst I was 167 with more than 15% body fat sadly I got no pics of it with my shirt off. Lately I've been adding sick amounts to the bar, all from 5 lbs to 22 lbs increases and eating with 100% dedication.

Current Stats

Height: 5'10" (177 cm)
Weight: 200 Lbs
Body Fat: About 15%

Bench Press: 8x176 lbs
ATG Squat: 8x286 lbs
Deadlift: 8x286 lbs
Military Presses 8x110 lbs
Rows 8x176 lbs

Measurements

Chest: 43"
Upper Arm: 15"
Lower Arm: 12.8"
Waist: 35"
Upper Legs: 25.6"
Calves: 16.7"

Pictures of me

Back
Legs

Goal

To hit 220 lbs around 15% bf to the beginning of march and to keep adding weights on lifts as fast as possible without sacrificing form. I would like to get bench to 220 repping it, squat to 352 and deadlift to 396.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha.. yeah I was a wow addict myself 3ish years ago. Fun but too life/time consuming. Anywho welcome aboard!

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back...sounds like your ready to kick some a$$!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man already four replies. Now you making me feel special :flowers:

Gotta say though this day has been hell. Was supposed to hang out with some friends but it got canceled so all I ended up doing was eating nearly constantly for 11 hours while waiting for next day so I could go to gym. Tomorrows workout's gonna be a beast.

Thanks for all encouragement. This place havent changed one bit, still great people here.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I remembered the name!

Quiksilver has your old journal in the vault under "hall of fame". What are your previous PR's on the big three?

Good luck getting back into it. Decent numbers to start from!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow there's a face I didn't expect to see. When I made the sticky I dug up as many great threads as possible from this forums past. I came across journals by you and Double, they were sooo big I decided that they were models of dedication and consistency. As Quag said, click on the sticky and scroll all the way to the bottom of the thread, you might see something familiar :)

good luck

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good luck man.... does your gym has 6lb or 3lb plates?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really impressive squat bro...keep up the good work!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey cheers didnt know. Guess its all good if it motivate someone :up:

Previous records are like 3x308 in squats and 5x308 in deads but that was when I was weighing about 20 pounds less. Bench was 1x198, pathetic.

Ye squats are kinda my thing. My body is pretty much built for it and its alot easier going to failure then on say deads.

Todays Workout - Chest + bis + calves

Weight: 199.76 lbs in the morning, 203.5 in the afternoon

Bench Presses 6x187, 4x187 lbs, 3x187 lbs +11 lbs
Incline Dumbell presses 6x63.5 lbs, 4x63.5 lbs +2 rep
Incline bench press 5x132 lbs, 7x110 lbs

Biceps curls 8x93.5 lbs, 6x93.5 lbs, 6x93.5 lbs +5.5 lbs

Calf raises with barbell 15x220 lbs, 8x264 lbs, 8x264 lbs

Comments

I overestimated my strength a little today. Felt really strong when I arrived but was maybe a little eager to increase weights. The 11 lbs increase was stupid and Im gonna stay on same weight next week to make sure I get 8 reps with good form.

Dumbell presses are going **** because my triceps/stabilizers havent catched up yet. They fly off my chest and then stop when force is focused to the triceps in the middle of the lift.

Calf raises are the first time I do with barbell and it felt alot better than with a machine.

Curls went up 5.5 lbs, nothing fancy just ok.

All in all a pretty crappy workout. Looking forward to back day.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short workout two days ago.

Back + Tris

Need to go get some chalk for the deadlifts, sweaty hands and trying to grip the bar is a no no.

Dips BWx10
Dips 44 lbsx10 +11 lbs
Dips 44 lbsx6
Dips 44 lbsx5
Dips 44 lbsx3

Deadlifts 6x308 lbs +22 lbs
Deadlifts 2x308 lbs (grip was giving me issues)
Deadlifts 5x264 lbs (was too light so I increased)
Deadlifts 6x286 lbs

Pull-downs 8x198 lbs +2 rep
Pull-downs 5x198 lbs
Pull-downs 5x187 lbs

Seated Rows 8x187 lbs

Comments

Gonna stay at same weight next time at the deads to get 10 reps at 308 before I add more. Grip is lagging a bit. Been 44 lbs increase in two weeks and thats a bit much.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays Workout - Shoulders + Upper legs

Military Press 8x115.5 lbs +5.5 lbs
Military Press 6x115.5 lbs
Military Press 5x115.5 lbs

Upright Rows 8x104.5 lbs +5.5 lbs
Upright Rows 7x104.5 lbs
Upright Rows 5x104.5 lbs

ATG Squats 8x297 lbs +11 lbs
ATG Squats 5x297 lbs
ATG Squats 2x297 lbs
ATG Squats 3x297 lbs
ATG Squats 1x297 lbs
=total 20 reps

Leg Curls 8x10 plates +2 reps
Leg Curls 6x10 plates
Leg Curls 6x10 plates

Comments

This workout was great. Increased in all lifts. Was especially surprised with the squats how well they went. A ****ing wasp landed on my quad just after I did the 7th rep so the 8th rep was a little more shallow just below parallel because Im allergic to that **** and I lost my concentration. I count it as 8 reps because I felt I had the strength to do all 8 reps atg. Driving with legs only so hopefully I'll get some soreness next day. Gonna go for 3 plates next week.

Military presses and upright rows went great.

Hurt my back from my work so havent been able to work out for three days but it seems it went anyway. Back is ok and strong.

Sample Diet

Breakfast - 5 DL oatmeal made into porridge, 3 fried eggs, water to drink
Between meals - 4 to 5 scoops of whey mixed with 1 L water spread out over a few hours
2nd Breakfast - 5 DL oatmeal made into porridge, 1 L milk, 1 banana
Small meal between breakfast and lunch: 1 L yogurt (optional)
Lunch: 4 DL parboiled rice boiled. Served with a little chicken.
Between meals - 4 to 5 scoops of whey+creatine + 1 L water spread out over several hours
Evening meal - 1 L milk
Bedtime meal - 500 g cottage cheese.

Just to give you an idea how my diet looks like. Its a poor mans diet cause meat is too expensive for me to buy.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha attacked by killer wasps...this is your excuse for not getting a good last rep. I envy you. When I mess a rep up it's usually cause I'm tired and weak :D

Good workout btw.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice squatting. I'd try to get some more whole eggs into that diet and halve your whey consumption, unless you're getting some inexpensive local brand whey I'm fairly sure it'd be cheaper to buy eggs.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers IS. Looking forward to your next workout. :up: 200 is so close now.

The thing is that eggs are kinda expensive, its like 30 cents a piece where I live. But you're right Im gonna get some more eggs. Should I eat them raw or cook them cause I cant cook em at work. It would be sweet to add extra 3 eggs at breakfast at work and maybe 3 more on afternoon. And if I get 6 more eggs a day should I remove the yolk from some of them? I've read many different views on the cholesterol in eggs. Some meaning eggs are only positive to eat and some saying eggs will promote heart and vascular diseases.

My whey is an inexpensive brand, 8 kgs for 170$. That would mean like 570 eggs though.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put the eggs in your protein shakes, raw and with the yolk added.

When I get my personal and financial act together I'm going to take in 2-3 dozen a day (mostly raw and all with the yolk). That's the closest a natural guy is going to get to steroids. :D

Eggs are nature's health food, nothing wrong with them at all.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers man if you're taking 2-3 dozens then I guess 9 eggs a day wont kill me :up:

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good gains man keep it up, guys like you inspire me lol, you up for a race to a 220lbs bench press? you ever considered going westside to stack plates on the bar? the workout your doing does look great though

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers m8. Always nice to hear I can inspire someone :) Sure Im up for a race but I'll probably loose because Im not training for strength and I lower the bar to my collar bone for contact not strength.

Glad you like it, works pretty well sofar. :cheer: