"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

My girlfriends friends are constantly hitting on me

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
Recently entered into a relationship with my main plate of ten months. Every time we hang out with her female friends they flirt and hit on me. We we’re at a party and her good friend said to me “ See, you don’t need your gf, I can cook for you” I responded with, I’m not sure, my girl makes a great steak but if you two want to have a cook off, go right ahead. Gf asked me if she should say something to them, especially one of her friends who blatantly disrespects her. One of them even tried making out with me. I told her, you do what you want. Some sort of **** test or what?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
And the problem is...? But seriously:

I responded with, I’m not sure, my girl makes a great steak but if you two want to have a cook off, go right ahead.
If they're going to have a cook off, maybe they should make something more challenging than a steak. It's great that they can cook though, a lot of young women don't know how these days.

Whenever guys on the forum complain about something like this, I always wonder if the girls are really "hitting on" him, or if the guy's ego is out of control. Obviously in your situation, if the girl tried to make out with you, that's not the case here. It's not unusual for there to be some sexual tension and some mild flirting between people of opposite genders, even if they are friends of your girlfriend. In fact, sometimes someone can catch feelings for the wrong person, and it can be a real mess. That's why opposite sex friends are complicated.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Recently entered into a relationship with my main plate of ten months. Every time we hang out with her female friends they flirt and hit on me. We we’re at a party and her good friend said to me “ See, you don’t need your gf, I can cook for you” I responded with, I’m not sure, my girl makes a great steak but if you two want to have a cook off, go right ahead. Gf asked me if she should say something to them, especially one of her friends who blatantly disrespects her. One of them even tried making out with me. I told her, you do what you want. Some sort of **** test or what?
You dun goofed.
 

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
Recently entered into a relationship with my main plate of ten months. Every time we hang out with her female friends they flirt and hit on me. We we’re at a party and her good friend said to me “ See, you don’t need your gf, I can cook for you” I responded with, I’m not sure, my girl makes a great steak but if you two want to have a cook off, go right ahead. Gf asked me if she should say something to them, especially one of her friends who blatantly disrespects her. One of them even tried making out with me. I told her, you do what you want. Some sort of **** test or what?
You and your girlfriend are at a party. Your girlfriend is talking to some of her friends with a drink in her hand 10 feet away. Her best friend comes up to you and says she would like to put her tongue down your throat, and you shrug and say "do what you want?"

LOL. Come on man. How old are you?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
If could be her sh1t test, especially if this hasn't happened before and now all of a sudden. You pass it by maintaining your frame, they are your girlfriend's friend's, you remain friendly, flirt back and sh1t, after all you don't want to make it too easy for them, but at the end of the day when they go to far you stop them and put things into perspective by saying I have a wonderful girlfriend and at this point in my life I want a serious relationship with her, I am not a cheater, we can be friends with you, but nothing more.
 
Top