Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ex got fat.. why?

ChangePages

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay can anyone explain psychologically why a women will get fat after a break up?

Backstory, I broke up with this girl a year ago, she immediately got in another relationship a week later, during the first few months she gained a lot of weight, a year later, shes gotten way too overweight and is still dating this guy.

I don't know if its because I was a huge impact in her life or she just gained weight because she got comfortable and happy that fast.. idk. And during the end of the relationship she was really interested in working out and losing weight because this guy was encouraging her I guess. Not to mention they broke up once during that one year.. she called me a few times but I ignored her.. I'm just wondering why girls get fat like this, im just using my example but would like to know why girls suddenly gain a lot of weight when they break up with someone ect.

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
This almost always happens.

They find someone who likes drinking beer, and they shack up, and they gain a ton - usually in just 1 or 2 months.

ChangePages

Don Juan
Reaction score
This almost always happens.

They find someone who likes drinking beer, and they shack up, and they gain a ton - usually in just 1 or 2 months.
But why? Is it because they're depressed and need to eat their feelings or are they just happy and dont give a ****?

Because in my mindset, I would figure the ex would try to look as good as possible for the ex or exs and her current partner, but they just give up on themselves, its confusing.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Way too comfortable in her current with no challenges from the man, so she has no need to impress him.

Billtx49

Reaction score
So its a bad thing? Like the she doesnt care?
She may care, but not enough to make it a necessity. It's not a problem for her losing weight or staying in shape to get a man is it?
Why are you concerned about an Ex that's with another man?

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
But why? Is it because they're depressed and need to eat their feelings or are they just happy and dont give a ****?

Because in my mindset, I would figure the ex would try to look as good as possible for the ex or exs and her current partner, but they just give up on themselves, its confusing.
Women around age 22 are past their prime (despite women 27 and older calling them 'babies'). They start getting fat then. It's a sign that their eggs are lower quality than a 15 year old. Women are born with their eggs. A woman's age and beauty are simply revealing the state of her eggs.

ChangePages

Don Juan
Reaction score
She may care, but not enough to make it a necessity. It's not a problem losing weight to get a man is it?
I'm just trying to understand the psychology behind this, and its not really about my ex, I was speaking to a few friends that was talking about this and how their exs got fat and it made me just think thats all. Just trying to rationalize these things in my head with the help of others

Billtx49

Reaction score
She too comfortable and he buys her better food.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because, Ben and Jerry's...:p

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh, this post hit home

Ex wife - at least 30 lbs within the first year of separation while dating LTR

Second Ex since divorce - maybe 50 lbs about a year after

Third Ex - 20lbs (she told me) and she was a smaller frame girl so it really showed. Not enough material to spread it out I guess

First Ex since divorce - still an 8. Thank god!

Which leads me to my point: It's embarrassing if/when a new gf/plate/whatever learns about an ex (4 of 5 not looking good now in my case) and they say or think "you dated/married that?"

Hurts the ego a bit. Shame on those exes

Moral of the story - maybe get them a gym membership as a parting gift? And a nutrition plan? Heck, buy them a month of groceries too

Why? Who knows why and many scenarios of comfortabilty I suppose. Different demographics play a role too. I tend to run into my old exes as I live in a 20k rural community. I want to say "Weight Watchers...get yourself some and stop embarrassing me".

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She may care, but not enough to make it a necessity. It's not a problem for her losing weight or staying in shape to get a man is it?
See my post. I would say valid concern here.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pad yourself on the back @ChangePages, your ex could have a thyroid problem or could be on a steroid, a rapid weight gain as you seem to mention doesn't happen over a breakup.
I wouldn't right it off to a thyroid or steroid issue.

One could assume then that most of them (in this case) develop a thyroid concern or start a steroid for whatever reason and gain weight after the breakup - not likely in my opinion.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the reason is that they don't have to stay fit to find the next boyfriend. Plenty of thirsty guys that will bed them.

A guy on the other hand better stay fit....

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the reason is that they don't have to stay fit to find the next boyfriend. Plenty of thirsty guys that will bed them.

A guy on the other hand better stay fit....
Ever heard of 'chubby chasers'?

Lolz!:p

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay can anyone explain psychologically why a women will get fat after a break up?

Backstory, I broke up with this girl a year ago, she immediately got in another relationship a week later, during the first few months she gained a lot of weight, a year later, shes gotten way too overweight and is still dating this guy.

I don't know if its because I was a huge impact in her life or she just gained weight because she got comfortable and happy that fast.. idk. And during the end of the relationship she was really interested in working out and losing weight because this guy was encouraging her I guess. Not to mention they broke up once during that one year.. she called me a few times but I ignored her.. I'm just wondering why girls get fat like this, im just using my example but would like to know why girls suddenly gain a lot of weight when they break up with someone ect.
She has her talons in the recent guy and believes in her heart he won't go anywhere
Therefore she has stopped trying. He is probably paying her bills and has put her on a pedestal. His mistake.

10 bucks says she treats him like garbage too because when they stop trying, they no longer have any interest in your/his happiness either

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you so worried?

CJ Top

Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn’t that tough to decipher. Because she’s unhappy. Happy people stay fit and want to look good for their lover and for themselves. They probably haven’t had sex in years. If it’s comfort, that’s a lot of pounds of comfort. You dodged a torpedo