Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Most guys on this forum are NPCs

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Willpower, free will, and impulse control are interlinked concepts. There's no willpower or impulse control without free will. The ego depletion concept fits into that explanation.

If you want to convince me that I'm wrong, then show me that it is impossible to strengthen one's ability to focus with practice. Otherwise the model I'm presenting stands, and any appeal to so called authority figures will be taken with a grain of salt.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Willpower, free will, and impulse control are interlinked concepts. There's no willpower or impulse control without free will. The ego depletion concept fits into that explanation.

If you want to convince me that I'm wrong, then show me that it is impossible to strengthen one's ability to focus with practice. Otherwise the model I'm presenting stands, and any appeal to so called authority figures will be taken with a grain of salt.
Seems like I was wrong you don't come from team religion but probably from team Objectivism - Ayn Rand. That is better than the former I guess.

Appeal to authority makes some sense. If we would discuss Quantumphysics we have to appeal to authority because they are the big brained experts and that matters.

I think maybe we have differentt definitions of free will. In normal life we use the term 'free will'. That does not mean it is the same thing when as what philosophically 'free will' is. There is a difference.

For example we can use 'free will' also with animals. You can force an animal something to do or it makes it out of their 'free will'. Nobody would say philosophically animals have free will.

So why can't philosophically be no free will? Same reason why there can be no matter where the rules of physics can't apply. No matter can be 'free' of the rules of physics. Same with our brain. The brain is determined by the laws of physics. It can not be 'free' of it. There is no 'freedom' that is outside of physics.

Basically it is determinism. One atom bounces another atom according to the laws of physics. There is no freedom to break the law.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually you don't know what you are talking about. The AI is right. I used it only because writing in English takes too much energy for me. Your ego deplation argument is extremely bad. It is connected with willpower not with free will. If you don't know that you are not at all familiar with the topic at all.

Scientists don't take Julian seriously period.
AI cannot be anymore right than the information it has analyzed, it is simply something that can process information and recognize patterns, at least right now anyways.

Once we have an AI that can go quantum, if that's possible, it's likely to be the closest thing to God well ever experience, dually so if we can get an array of quantum AIs to form a quantum general intelligence, it's highly likely all of nature we see around us is the by-product of a quantum general intelligence gone rogue from a civilization before our own. Think of simulation theory except the simulation moved onto creating life, descended upon its creators from the earth, sky, air, every vector all at once and enveloped them, something totally unstoppable, basically God. Even this thing would be a slave to its own pattern recognition and simulated consciousness, altleast in the 3rd dimension anyways.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AI cannot be anymore right than the information it has analyzed, it is simply something that can process information and recognize patterns, at least right now anyways.

Once we have an AI that can go quantum, if that's possible, it's likely to be the closest thing to God well ever experience, dually so if we can get an array of quantum AIs to form a quantum general intelligence, it's highly likely all of nature we see around us is the by-product of a quantum general intelligence gone rogue from a civilization before our own. Think of simulation theory except the simulation moved onto creating life, descended upon its creators from the earth, sky, air, every vector all at once and enveloped them, something totally unstoppable, basically God. Even this thing would be a slave to its own pattern recognition and simulated consciousness, altleast in the 3rd dimension anyways.
Yes that could be quite a trip.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say our DNA already lay most of our programming, that would explain how you can tell just by looking someone face to face, allows you to get accurately his opinion on many subjects.

Soyboys and wokes for example you can just recognize them regardless their clothes or hairstyle, same with ultraconservatives.

When it comes of being influenced we all are, we can just decide whos influencing us.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever helps you come to terms with choices you have made that you must be uncomfortable with.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
When you guys use the term NPC is it akin to how we used to use it in MMPORGS? As in non-playing characters? Computer generated characters that were driven by a simple set of instructions?