"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Moodiness ruining my Game

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
Location
California, the Bay Area
Hi, sometimes I can be a moody person and get very depressed. Most of the time I am okay, but I have my ups and downs. The problem is that when I am in a good mood I can make a decent DJ. Then I will go through a time when I am moody and depressed about life. Like right now a chick e-mailed me about a date tomorrow and wanting to know if I want to get together. Another one left a message on the phone, etc. The problem is I am feeling really $hitty right now and don't feel like talking to any of them. I may feel like this for a few days, I don't know. If I go out tomorrow I will be too depressed to be much fun and ruin my chances with her. My moodiness seems to get in the way of my social life and IT $UCKS. It makes me feel totally AFC again. No woman wants to be with a guy like this, but that is how I am.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Hit some weights...the endorphins released from working out will suppress that depression. The more you work out, better you'll look, and the higher your self esteem goes...then *poof*..bye bye depression.

If the depression is deeper than you can handle...bounce your problems and thoughts off a professional, counselor, or clergy.
 

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
Location
California, the Bay Area
I know that lifting weights does help. I also like to draw and paint for fun and that can help. My problem is that even though I am aware of this, when I get depressed I feel too $hitty to do much of anything, including things that can make me feel better such as painting, lifting weights or going out on a date.
the moodiness is not constant either, sometimes I feel great or at least good, and some of the time I feel down. It is difficult to feel confident around women when I know they don't want a guy like this. Does anyone else ever have this problem?
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Aye bro..we all go through fits of depression once in awhile.

For whatever reason: family, work, school, money, etc...its bound to hit a person eventually.

You also have to remember that its fall. I see you live in the Bay Area (my birthtown btw Daily City:cool: ). You have to remember, its fall, the weather is crappy, its rains a lot, the weather is gloomy, its cold..depression is more likely to hit this time of the year. Hell, I live in Rain City Capitol Seattle and its grey/rainy/cold 60% of the year here...its about adjusting and coping.

Just keep positive, eat a good diet, focus on one task rather than have a lot of things on your plate. You aren't alone bro...hit the weights, spend time with family, simplify.
 

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
Yes agreed exercise may help mitigate your depression. Gives a good dose of endorphins and would be a great start to a 6 pack.

Depression can also be a mental disorder as well through no fault of your own, I have found myself a bit down in the past for NO discernable reason. This could be a chemical imbalance you are experiencing, I've tried St John's Wort, which is a cheap herbal supplement you can get at the supermarket or pharmacy. I've found its worked for me, perhaps you can try that.

Well at least you've admitted you have a problem, now go solve it. Good luck.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
947
Reaction score
3
Age
45
Location
Inyurvij Eina
I thought I read somewhere that "working out" (ie lifting weights, as opposed to cardio) doesn't really do much in the way of releasing endorphins into your body.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Weights does give you a high and I think the results help your self image too. If you really get into steady running, it can be like going into a completely different state, a Zen like experience.

I keep seeing these posts from you moody kids and it's starting to depress me.

I keep telling you it's all about where you put your attention, what you focus on and getting into a state where you can take positive action on things.

But no that's like hard work. Any pills I can take? I know,I'll label myself with a mental illness that will solve my problems.

I'm sure there's a sticky or an article on being down in the dumps with lots of ways to help.
 

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
We all go through periods of ups and downs. You can't avoid it. Excercise, a good diet and sufficient sleep will help, but it won't eliminate the blues altogether. If, however, things get to the point where you can't function on a day to day basis (i,e chronic depression), then medical help may be appropriate.

But, yea, it could put a damper on your love life. I remember one time when things were tough and I was feeling down, this really hot girl from my job was making the moves on me. She even dialed her digits on my cell phone without me asking and called me on several occassions to go out. Due to my depression, however, I was not in the mood to deal with anyone, even a hot chick and I never ended up hooking up with her. She thought I had rejected her and she eventually lost interest.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
Dam, this is why I hardly come up in here anymore. Post like this. We are men. Not some whinning assed women!

Moodyness=no pvssy. A simple formula. Why would anyone want the end result of being a spoiled bytch and actin moody?

No offense to the poster but the logical seems obvious to me!

Act like a ho and you get treated like one...no goodies. Act like a man who is in control of himself and you get the kindom of puvssy laid out at your feet.

We all have a choice in our actions and behaviors. Back when I used to get involved in flame attacks...folks would ask me why?

My answer was always because I chose too.

It's all a matter of choice.



Just as it is a matter of choice to post whinny posts like this one and bring the whole board down to another lower level!!!!
 

Vercingetorix777

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Listening to music helps. I like to hear Jimi Hendrix when I'm in the hole. Also Alice in Chains and bluegrass. Find out what form of depression you have, it sounds clinical to me. If you feel great a lot you could have Seasonal Affective Disorder or Bi-polar. Find out if any of these run in your family. Other things that help me which aren't healthy include ciggarettes, sweets, and carbohydrates. Talking to a good friend or family member can work wonders.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
Originally posted by Vercingetorix777
Listening to music helps. I like to hear Jimi Hendrix when I'm in the hole. Also Alice in Chains and bluegrass. Find out what form of depression you have, it sounds clinical to me. If you feel great a lot you could have Seasonal Affective Disorder or Bi-polar. Find out if any of these run in your family. Other things that help me which aren't healthy include ciggarettes, sweets, and carbohydrates. Talking to a good friend or family member can work wonders.
You never answered my question. Your screen name you took it from the fantasy novel called Druids correct?

Or maybe you did. I forgot I'm using my old screen name!
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
1. fix your problems.

2. Keep them to yourself(dont tell any women about this)

3. suck it up. its probably just a sub concious pattern you are in. TRY TO BREAK IT
 

Vercingetorix777

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Close on the Druids, I've read the book. I'm more interested in actual La Tene Celtic culture though. Wanna be a history professor.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
watch a video or comedy and laugh on it. laughing/smiling also releases endorphins
 

FightingApathy

New Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
People say that exercise produces endorphins, but I have yet to experience this.
I admit that I've only been doing it for a month, but still, exercise only makes my bad moods worse.
I get extremely angry, to the point of wanting to become violent, but fortunately I'm too exhausted to act on these feelings.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
have you ever considered the fact that you might be suffereing from clinical depression?
 

FightingApathy

New Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I've been taking anti-depressants for over 10 years, and none of them has worked.
But then I'm not "depressed" depressed; it's really more of a mixture of boredom with my life and discomfort with activity and change - the things I'm trying to fix.

What I described in my previous post has never lasted longer than half an hour after the end of my workout.
You could say that I'm "pumped", but have no [productive] outlet for it ... and I'm also not used to it either.

I get a milder version of this feeling sometimes too, when deep down I need to get up and do something, but don't have the will to follow through.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Fighting Apathy, (why do people label themselves negatively?)

Exercise will also release more testosterone, with some people this can create more aggressive feelings.

Strikes me though you are really frustrated about something, this is what's making you angry.

Remember all emotions have their uses, they are not always bad, but sometimes inappropriate or unresourceful.

Start to think of these emotions as signals that are telling you to take action on something you've been thinking about.

I'm thinking of asking the Mods if we can have a depression/mental health Forum. That way if I don't want to, I can avoid reading the same old whining crap, I feel sorry for myself stuff.

On a good day, like today. I don't mind offering up some advice, even though I know it will be totally ignored in favour of another depressed teenie suggesting Prozac therapy.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
"I'm thinking of asking the Mods if we can have a depression/mental health Forum. That way if I don't want to, I can avoid reading the same old whining crap, I feel sorry for myself stuff"

In one way, we all benefit. In another way, it's a place for people to retreat to and avoid the realities of life, thus becoming counter productive and more "cant came this girl cause I have no confidence" threads.

If you're gonna moan, make sure it's about something that is actually STOPPING you from doing things [like my abscess is stopping me eating/making sense when I talk ;) ::shameless sympathy seek:: :p] and that it goes into anything else.

It's weird, people that are 30-100 dont moan about much at all, but people that are 16-30 seem to ***** and whine a hell of a lot more. I wonder whats most responsible for that.
 

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
Location
California, the Bay Area
It is easy to say" just cut it out, be a man" That is exactly my point-I know that is what I am SUPOSSED to do and what my dad would tell me to do. And I know that it is not going to get me any P, that is why I am wondering what to do about it. Unless you have felt this way you have no idea what it is like. And the internet is really the only place guys can come and "whine", as some here put it (I would put it more along the lines of I am saying how I really feel) .
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top