Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Monogamy is the way forward

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've been in an LTR since the 00s or earlier? Same women?
I've been in three LTRs since I was 30, everything else has been casual. I've been with the same woman for a loooong time now. I would tell you an exact number, but it scares me to think about it lol.

Not necessarily. Part of your brain checks off. It's like you don't feel bad that there are millionaries out there that own a private plane or yacht because you'll never own one in your life? How did you feel about all of the opportunity costs with women while you were in a LTR?
Interesting perspective (about the millionaires). I do not feel bad about "missed opportunities" with women because of being in a LTR, because I made my choice based on what was more important to me.

I like retro-70s portrayals in modern movies (ie Licorice Pizza, X, Joker), and even music videos (Lavender Haze, Taylor Swift) - has that green and wooden and pastel colours....not sure how the modern retro-portrayals compare with your lived-in experience.
Maybe it's just me, because of when I was born, but I just love 60s and 70s style, IMO there's been nothing like it since. I do think there were color shades they had back then that don't exist anymore lol (like some of the pastels you were talking about).

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, because of when I was born, but I just love 60s and 70s style, IMO there's been nothing like it since. I do think there were color shades they had back then that don't exist anymore lol (like some of the pastels you were talking about).
You are beginning to sound like a young boomer now. Are you are an older Gen-Xer or young boomer? There are allot of youtube vids showing footage in the past decades and it's always interesting to watch a pre-internet and even pre-computer world. What's your thoughts about 80s in contrast to the 60s/70s?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are beginning to sound like a young boomer now. Are you are an older Gen-Xer or young boomer? There are allot of youtube vids showing footage in the past decades and it's always interesting to watch a pre-internet and even pre-computer world. What's your thoughts about 80s in contrast to the 60s/70s?
Yeah, I'm a late boomer. I don't have deep thoughts on the '80s. I know a lot of people grew up in the '80s and look back on them fondly. There were some decent movies in the '80s, but my nostalgia is in the '60s and '70s. The '80s were when things started to get weird.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a late boomer. I don't have deep thoughts on the '80s. I know a lot of people grew up in the '80s and look back on them fondly. There were some decent movies in the '80s, but my nostalgia is in the '60s and '70s. The '80s were when things started to get weird.
Do you agree with the modern retro-portrayals of the 80s in cinema and TV-shows?. It's often portrayed with neon lights, hairspray and big hairdos, synth music sounds, and has this oddly bright vibe, perhaps more sophisticated than the earlier preceding decades and more bold and expressive with pushing the boundaries. In docs about the 80s, it's often portrayed as the decade of excess and money is flowing left right and center.

Personally, I feel I was more 60s kid at heart growing up in the 80s. (ie I did not subscribe to VHS tapes, VHS video-tapes or block cell phones, but was facinated with the super 8 mm film camera, the 16 mm film projector and most of the late 80s film hobby was using what USED to be all too common in the 60s/70s as it pertains to film media. I simply found the contraptions very engaging as a child, like where was something visceral of looking at different pictures on celloid with the sprockets and optical sound strip next to it where you can just smell it.

You've relayed in prior posts you have lots of experience with film as no doubt this would have to be very common in the 60s/70s. Indeed, home videos looks like something that started near the end of the 70s and into the 80s. In modern times, however, I embrase modern tech and have little to no nostalgia for either VHS tapes, DVDs, but still don't forget that film projector and film up to this day.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you agree with the modern retro-portrayals of the 80s in cinema and TV-shows?. It's often portrayed with neon lights, hairspray and big hairdos, synth music sounds, and has this oddly bright vibe, perhaps more sophisticated than the earlier preceding decades and more bold and expressive with pushing the boundaries. In docs about the 80s, it's often portrayed as the decade of excess and money is flowing left right and center.
Yeah, that sounds fairly accurate. Throw in some cocaine. I always thought that MTV ruined music. Before, you had all these serious audiophiles with home stereo equipment and components. Before, music had been something to listen to, and then it became something to watch, and they wanted to make machines to play music on as small as possible.

I agree there's something organic and nostalgic about film that videotape and digital doesn't have. It wasn't something I was into however, I never had a film projector or camera.