Sup. How do you guys get your money to buy stuff, besides getting a job? For some reason, my mom forbade me from getting a part time job, which is pretty bs, and I can't think of any other way to get money. Any suggestions? Thx.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Lol, so did mine. She nagged me for months. Now I got a group interview this week and I must say I'm glad she nagged me because having a job has basically no downsides and I can't wait to start earning myself some money. My parents have never payed me an allowance because I don't do many chores around the house, but I hardly used to buy anything so it didn't really matter. But now I need money for new clothes since I want to improve my style, plus I'm finishing HS so I need money to pay for Uni, and for when I move out etc...Originally posted by skinnydart
you're not allowed to get a job?! My mom forced me to get one.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Moochy moochy.Originally posted by Izo
Sup. How do you guys get your money to buy stuff, besides getting a job? For some reason, my mom forbade me from getting a part time job, which is pretty bs, and I can't think of any other way to get money. Any suggestions? Thx.