Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mom passed away. Where should I move to that's younger for singles?

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you saw my post a couple months ago my mother passed away. I live in SWFL the oldest region in the state and expensive too. I inherited the house. 2330 SQ ft 4 bed house. Too much house for a single guy but also upkeep with HOA, taxes going sky high around here and insurance in FL keeps going up as you know and income earnings suck around here.

I want to move somewhere younger out of FL but not super cold. I was looking at the Galveston area. Houston metro and a lot younger AND housing tons cheaper there. I could sell this house, pay the mortgage off and I will have enough left over to buy a 3 bed house in cash and no more house payments the rest of my life since they're cheaper in TX. Places around Corpus Christie and Brownsville a lot cheaper. 3 bed new construction houses for 250k.

Car insurance I looked at is much cheaper in TX too and would save me cash. Brownsville because South Padre Island is next to it and spring break.

I know earnings wise Galveston area would be better because of Houston.

You people have no idea how expensive FL is getting. In my region it's a terrible time to sell! Everyone around here is selling their houses. Especially second homes due to insurance, taxes, HOA fees shooting up. It's making the national news now.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston is great for single men if you have your stuff together the ratio is 3:1. I got buddies down there cleaning up like it's nothing.
Texas IMO is a great place depending on the type of work you do and there are tons of pretty women in places like Houston, Dallas, Austin etc.

Nashville is a sleeper town that is highly underrated too

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston is great for single men if you have your stuff together the ratio is 3:1. I got buddies down there cleaning up like it's nothing.
Texas IMO is a great place depending on the type of work you do and there are tons of pretty women in places like Houston, Dallas, Austin etc.

I hate Houston with a passion.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your mom. Maybe it would be better to rent the house out if possible until you get yourself sorted.
Houses are not renting right now. West Coast of FL is seeing a HUGE glut of houses listed and prices being slashed, especially the areas Ian hit. Insurance, HOA fees, taxes etc.

Also my dog trashed the cheap builders grade carpeting. best to just leave new owners pick their carpeting? Also taxes are a big killer here.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no reason to stay in SWFL. It's a haven for retirees. Sell the house.

The more difficult part is where to go.

Before you undertake a large relocation, you need to ask yourself some questions.....

1. Is my appearance what women want? Looks are the most important component of Game. If your looks are not on point, it doesn't matter where you live. You will struggle with women.

2. How is my career? Am I able to make money in a new location? The employment market is not very strong right now. It's a 2008-2009 like employment market right now.

3. How is my personality? Is it optimized for picking up women? Am I suave or am I awkward in any way?

If you are doing well with looks, money, status, and personality, then you can consider a relocation. Without having the fundamentals of Game down, relocation will be a gigantic waste of effort no matter where you are.

Houston is probably better for Game overall than Corpus Christi. You probably have a good case for staying in Florida. Tampa or Orlando might make sense for you.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** Nashville, do not move there if you want a decent dating life. Even Chads struggle there and end up dating down.

I want to move somewhere younger out of FL but not super cold. I was looking at the Galveston area. Houston metro and a lot younger AND housing tons cheaper there. I could sell this house, pay the mortgage off and I will have enough left over to buy a 3 bed house in cash and no more house payments the rest of my life since they're cheaper in TX. Places around Corpus Christie and Brownsville a lot cheaper. 3 bed new construction houses for 250k.

Car insurance I looked at is much cheaper in TX too and would save me cash. Brownsville because South Padre Island is next to it and spring break.
Galveston is an ugly beach with brown water and the people there mirror the beach. Corpus Christi and Brownsville are not thriving places for young people and you will encounter a lot of Gorditas there than females. If you want to meet single women then you are better off moving to the popular city parts of Houston, Dallas, or Austin. To be honest, If you absolutely need a beach then you are in the best state for it unless you want to move across the continent to Hawaii or California.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston has a good dating scene OP. When I test out OLD openers, I use Houston as a text market because the reception is warm which makes the process less tedious. I live in a good place for dating right now (Phoenix, AZ) but I would say Houston is slightly better, at least from an OLD standpoint.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston is decent place to date, but there are a lot of bat shvt crazy women in Houston that will eat an innocent man alive. Qualifying & having the balls to reject women is a necessity otherwise you will get owned. There's a reason the most chaotic love is blind season was the one filmed in Houston.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston is decent place to date, but there are a lot of bat shvt crazy women in Houston that will eat an innocent man alive. Qualifying & having the balls to reject women is a necessity otherwise you will get owned. There's a reason the most chaotic love is blind season was the one filmed in Houston.
OP (biggoal) is going to be dating white, 40 something match.com type chicks. Houston is good for that.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best place to relocate to is a medium-sized city that has a big university with a very high coed-to-student ratio. Of course, that's in the USA, since GeoMaxxing will always beat the USA.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Changing geographical location is always the best choice if you are going to increase your income and change your lifestyle in general for a better.

Sell your house, move on and buy a new one in another area.

Just make sure you did your research for the new area you will move too. If not go visit that, rent a hotel for a week and roam around.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** Nashville, do not move there if you want a decent dating life. Even Chads struggle there and end up dating down.
Nashville has been discussed in depth in a lot of other threads. OP has resources on Nashville below.

Galveston is an ugly beach with brown water and the people there mirror the beach. Corpus Christi and Brownsville are not thriving places for young people and you will encounter a lot of Gorditas there than females. If you want to meet single women then you are better off moving to the popular city parts of Houston, Dallas, or Austin. To be honest, If you absolutely need a beach then you are in the best state for it unless you want to move across the continent to Hawaii or California.
Good summary. Houston is a better dating environment than either Dallas or Austin. Dallas and Austin are the 2 most difficult dating markets in Texas for different reasons. Houston will also be a better option than the smaller to mid-sized towns mentioned in Texas.

In Brownsville, someone would need Spanish fluency and it's not a good place either.

OP should stay in Florida and fix his fundamentals before moving long distance and out of state. If he had to move, I think Tampa and Orlando would be better.

Houston women are a bit more pleasant from a personality standpoint than Dallas or Austin women.

OP would get owned by women in Dallas.

dating white, 40 something match.com type chicks. Houston is good for that.
OP needs better fundamentals even to date White, 40 something match.com type chicks. With good fundamentals, Houston could be good for that.

I live in a good place for dating right now (Phoenix, AZ)
I don't think it is a good place for dating. Males outnumber females and females have bad attitudes.

There is also not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. The employment atmosphere has some impact on the types of people who live in an area.

The medical industry is an exception to this. In medical, Phoenix has a decent employment base. The medical industry has always done quite well in Phoenix due to the fact that the area is a hub for retirees needing medical services.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Just learn to put down flooring. It isn't that hard.
Your're right Bible,Tongue and grooved,end matched platform flooring can be put down by a novice,my Son in Law borrowed a few Handtools from me, and made a wonderful job of it!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To each it's own, I had a ball in Nashville and I was only there for a long weekend. But than again I used Tinder travel app and set up dates a week ahead of time so it worked out very well for me

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Season 5 was lit
Izzy aka Paper Plates
Stacy- the "Mid" golddiger shorty is what 34 looking like 44 the Golddigger, alpha widowed and still looking for prince charming lol
Uche- "Aaliyaaaaaaah" funny thing is one of my best friends looks and sounds like Uche but he is not emotional like him far more stoic. Uche just seemed like he got a bad edit and came of way to emotional
Lydia-Batshyt crazy I'm shocked Milton went through with it
Milton-Impressed me with the way he spun Uche around the block during their BBQ convo, he may not be the smoothest but a lot of men can learn from his stoic frame on how he handled that situation

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Op wants to date the easiest places

Wisconsin-Yes the chicks aren't hot but it's easy to date in Madison, you won't find a 10 but you can bag a nice 7

Iowa-underrated got some baddies if you live near the college campuses mind you Op is 40 so you gotta be in shape but in Iowa the bar is low if you got your own place, can take a girl to dinner and are in shape you will clean up even with younger chicks

Denver-I know guys don't like Denver and it's called Menever but Denver is for guys who have their stuff together, I've always had a blast there. If you're making less than 100K a year don't bother

Arizona-Yes AZ is hard if you not good looking or balling however if you are an Uber driver or a bouncer you can still pull. I've had some buddies who did those jobs and they made out like bandits. (One my buddies met all his plates driving uber lmfaoooo)

ATL-If you like black women or thick white women it's like taking candy from a baby, ATL is one of the easiest place IMO to game. I had women approach me that would never approach me I'm talking top tier. In ATL women are thirsty because it's so competitive if you're straight man you will be heaven. However the STD rate is crazy high I would be paranoid

It really depends on what you looking, wherever you at even if the numbers against you real DJ's will shine you gotta figure out a "niche" or finesse and you good