Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mode One by Alan Roger Currie

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaching girls "mode 1" is scientifically proven in research studies to not work. Mode One is probably one of the worst PUA books. You should be masculine, lead and escalate based off of her signals but that's different from mode 1.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Approaching girls "mode 1" is scientifically proven in research studies to not work. Mode One is probably one of the worst PUA books. You should be masculine, lead and escalate based off of her signals but that's different from mode 1.
I think "Mode 1" is kinda dorky but could you post links or citations to these research studies you speak of?

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
MODE ONE
When you express your needs, desires, interests, and intentions to a woman in a highly confident, unapologetic, straightforward, and very specific manner; Your behavior is usually highly self-assured, composed, non-defensive, and provocative; You don’t go out of your way to get women to “like” you, or “approve” of your behavior; You are the personification of “egotistical indifference”
Big Issue: You don’t like your time to be wasted by those women who don’t have a sincere desire to reciprocate your romantic and/or sexual desires and interests; You don’t like to interact with women who are highly manipulative
(i.e., “game players”)

Mode One is the attitude that most badboys have. How has that been proven not to work?

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I think "Mode 1" is kinda dorky but could you post links or citations to these research studies you speak of?
Some one will say and already has that mode 1 isn't really asking women for sex, but essentially it is. Several studies conducting by either grad students or professors were done where males would go up to girls and ask one of three questions randomly, ie, "can I have your phone number" or "would you like to go on a date?" or "would you go back to my apartment" or in another I think the question was "would you like to have sex". Requesting number had about an 80% success rate, a date had about 50% success rate and asking the girl over to the apartment 0% success rate.

It showed being too direct and sexual too soon has a very low success rate. It hard to find them. I found them googling but didn't bookmark or remember the names of the studies.

On the other hand, you have informal, unscientific studies of looks advocates using male models and going "mode 1" from the first message, and posting the women agreeing to meeting up. However, we don't know the success rate and all they really prove is the female was receptive online and all they really got was a number. I think mode 1 would require you to have good looks and would still have a low success rate.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Stagger Lee.

I hardly ever express my "needs, desires, interests and intentions" to a woman and that's largely because I have none to begin with.

If you walk up to a girl in the street and ask for her number, you put her on the spot and you give her the power to decide. Even if she finds you physically attractive normally they won't give it out because it would make them look desperate.

Even if she gives her number I GUARANTEE 80% of the time they will flake...again, you put them in the spot, they don't want to look desperate and you give them too much power (to accept or decline).

Every time I seduce a girl, I will communicate with her (not just talking) "I am (superficially) interested in you, but what can YOU do to take this further?"

Once she has qualified herself after I have initiated, I will take her number, then I will set up a "date", this gives her time to qualify herself more and if she does, I will f*ck her, then if she passes further tests, then perhaps I will have relationship.

Throughout this I am constantly giving her the opportunity to qualify herself.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If "Mode 1" means simply "be confident" then I agree. If it means "suggest the two of you have sex immediately upon meeting" then I would suggest that doesn't work unless you're in a wh*ore house.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
If "Mode 1" means simply "be confident" then I agree. If it means "suggest the two of you have sex immediately upon meeting" then I would suggest that doesn't work unless you're in a wh*ore house.

To me, mode one just means being confident and letting the woman know what you want. I'm in my playa stage and I dont want any relationships right. I let women know from the jump that I'm not looking for anything serious and just want to have fun. I rarely take women out on dates anymore. I keep my phone convos very sexual so they know what I'm about and they know what i want when I invite them to my place to "chill". I get more sex but not taking women out on dates than I did when I was mr nice guy and spending $$$ on dates. I've come to realize that women respect a man who is honest about not wanting a relationship and just wants to have fun more than a man that pretends to want a relationship just to get sex.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't disagree at all. But there are... shall we say... better ways than others to signal one's desires. I do believe you should let the world, and women, know what you want and who you are. But there are ways to do so that will earn peoples' respect and ways that will earn their derision.

I would suggest that you first build a persona for yourself, and then work within that persona to determine the best way to act around women.

That is to say, you have to be congruent. Just applying some "mode" that someone else made up to your interactions isn't going to automatically work. It has to be congruent with the entirety of your persona.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mode One is just a mass filtering system to rake in high interest girls. I thought SS would be all over this because it automatically disregards any girl who isn't completely into from the get go and most guys on here don't want to go through crap to get her. It's not about asking her for sex but instead just saying "I like the look of you, lets go out next Thursday."

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that's great but imagine the numbers of chicks you'll need to go through to get even one.

I could invent a "filtering system" that would involve a guy walking around with no pants and an erection and inviting every woman he runs into to "hop on my ****." Only the really interested ones would hop on, and to hell with the rest right?

Only problem is that such an approach would have a success rate that's somewhere around 0.000001%. Yes, it would be a very effective filter and would filter out essentially all women.

The more chicks you get yourself in front of, the more restrictive your filter can be. Most guys can't get in front of enough chicks to make a filter that restrictive work for them, so they have to loosen it up a little.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mode one works. Bad boys use mode one. They let women know they just want sex from the get go. Badboys dont waste time wining and dining women. They bag a woman, f*ck her , kick her out of their place and go to the club that night to get more women.

Do you think Jeremy Meeks was taking a a bunch of women on dates? I highly doubt it.

http://hiphopsince1987.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Jeremy_Meeks_Mugshot.jpg

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
Mode one works. Bad boys use mode one. They let women know they just want sex from the get go. Badboys dont waste time wining and dining women. They bag a woman, f*ck her , kick her out of their place and go to the club that night to get more women.

Do you think Jeremy Meeks was taking a a bunch of women on dates? I highly doubt it.

http://hiphopsince1987.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Jeremy_Meeks_Mugshot.jpg
That's totally fine, but correlation doesn't prove causation. Hot guys can use "Mode One" because they're hot. Their hotness causes "Mode One," not the other way around.

Some scrawny ethnic guy with a bad fashion sense coming up and using "Mode One" on the hottest white chick in the club is NOT going to be successful. In fact, he'll likely be kicked out of the club.

Sorry, but that's a fact.

The more attractive a guy is, the more bold he can be with his sexual come-ons and not get blown out. But telling every dude to use "Mode One" simply ain't gonna work.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
That's funny you should say that. As it turns out Jeremy Meeks is married. Seems like he might have been taking one woman on dates lol.

All this bad boy stuff is mentally masturbation. Most successful bad boys are considered very good. Women think Jeremy Meeks is good looking knowing nothing else about him.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I'm glad SS isn't telling everybody to turn their "Mode 1" (Whatever the f**k that is) up to eleven and then they'll have a Kate Upton lookalike dating (f**king) them a month later.

I laughed at Zarky's erection filter, because the guy would score...likely with his cellmate.

The better filter to use is "Mode 2". Really easy. Chick lowers interest, flakes, blurs, tries to control the frame, just wants friends, delete them from every platform.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a pretty good book actually.
But I do think mode one does not work on every guy.
You have to be in a pretty good place mentally and to be somehow attractive physically.
It's one of the reasons why I became unapologetically honest with women. And that worked very well.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does anyone have this book in pdf?
It's a good book. I have all 4 of his books in audiobook and a physical copy of "Mode One: Let the Women know what you're REALLY thinking"

I spoke to him in the summer of 2017. IMO, he's one of the best if not the best (in my opinion) when it comes to knowledge about Women.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I like the book too. However, the part of walking up to a stranger and say hey, I want to f uck you, prob. won't be taken very well in this day and age. Mode One, the 1st version, was written over 15 years ago I believe.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the book too. However, the part of walking up to a stranger and say hey, I want to f uck you, prob. won't be taken very well in this day and age. Mode One, the 1st version, was written over 15 years ago I believe.
I totally agree, that was kinda weird and not everything in the book is perfect. But it helps you get back on track.
First time I read it, kinda opened my mind about honesty when it comes to women and egotistical indifference.
I'd say it's a must read for many sosuavers, specially new members. But I do agree you can't take everything in that book as it is. Adapting is key.