Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

men buying your girl gifts like this

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it was the little ladys bday this past week. of course it sucks that her bday is so close to christmas. not to mention that our yearly anniversary is only 2 weeks prior to her bday.

For her bday i kept it pretty simple, taking her out to dinner and a small gift to show her that i do appreciate her from time to time. I already started collecting a few things for christmas and one of the things i decided to get her was a nice guess watch. this watch ran me around 130 dollars. i wrapped it and stuck it in a special place until dec 25.

Well, being it her birthday and working at a ****tail bar, her regulars that come into her bar threw her a bday party and bought her gifts. I normally stay away from this place but decided to go since she invited me to this occasion.

on of the regualrs offered her a job 3 wekks ago in his law firm working 2 days a week. Well, this particular guy that is now her "boss" also bought her a gift. This gift was in a small black bag and all the women in the bar new what was in it just from the baggage yet i had no clue.

she opens this bag and pulls out a 450 dollar diamond movado watch. needless to say my stomach was in my throat. i was very uncomfortable with this.

now a few things...

i am glad that i wasnt the one who needed to spend this money on something nice for her.

i also know that he is not just a "REGULAR" any more and now also her boss

..but i have to ask myself...is this normal?? what need is there to buy such an expensive gift?

...would i care so much if i hadnt already spent the time, effort, energy and 130 dollars on the same gift with less quality?

wandering how you all would feel or act towards something like this.

by the way, i took the watch back. i didnt plan on saying anything about it to her, but i wanted her to know that this guy just "one up'd" me with this elaborate gift she recieved from him.

comments welcome

RemixViking

Reaction score
Why didn't you give her the watch? By little lady I think you mean girlfriend right?

Give her the watch, and with all the sincerity that goes along with giving someone you care about a gift for their birthday. If she is a quality women she will accept it knowing you got it without knowledge that some desperate rich AFC was blowing his wad on a gift. Chances are she will laugh at his desperation and be appreciative of YOUR gift. You have a great opportunity to make fun of this desperate sugar-daddy and show your confidence as being a rational, masculine man.

mzilla2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really have any advice other than to keep a close eye on which one she wears, both with and without you along! That should be very telling... ;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
....wandering how you all would feel or act towards something like this.

by the way, i took the watch back. i didnt plan on saying anything about it to her, but i wanted her to know that this guy just "one up'd" me with this elaborate gift she recieved from him.

comments welcome
I would have still given her the watch and my actions would have been based on her reaction to receiving it. It would have been a good way to learn more about her.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the one thing i can say about all this is she hasnt worn the watch yet. its still sitting in the same box on the dresser. I really could care less if she wears it, its a very nice watch and shouldnt just sit there.

however it is nice to know she is not throwing it in my face.

thinking back i shouldve given her the watch

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I would have still given her the watch and my actions would have been based on her reaction to receiving it. It would have been a good way to learn more about her.
Bingo!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
on of the regualrs offered her a job 3 wekks ago in his law firm working 2 days a week. Well, this particular guy that is now her "boss" also bought her a gift.

.... pulls out a 450 dollar diamond movado watch. needless to say my stomach was in my throat. i was very uncomfortable with this.
So ,do you suspect that her new "boss" is trying the buy his way into her pants?

Since when did legal firms hire in bars ?

I also agree with Francisco that this is a great way to find out more about HER .

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't the whole giving her the watch gift just so you can observe her, a sh!t test? I thought that was looked down on by you cats. Only when a girl does it?

But anyways, to the OP, yeah that sucks. Obviously that gift was waaaay out of line. Maybe if she had been working for him for a year. But he JUST hired her, and for only two days a week. So he has set himself up as a pursuer, and I see huge issues a-brewing.

I think you should've given her the watch, but since you already took it back, just tell her after she opens whatever you decided to get her, that you had originally gotten her a watch, but it wasn't a $450 one. That should open discussion as to what she appreciates. It should also make her think about how that man's "gift" has already negatively affected her relationship.

When I read the story, I couldn't help but be like "awwww!" It was sad!

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
My question is, what did she do to make him think he should be giving gifts like this?

Also, did all of her coworkers really suspect what it was?

Those are two important questions imo.

there were no coworkers.. just bar regulars. and yeah the women were saying.."ohhhh i know what that is"...etc etc.

i dont know if she particuraly DID anything specific to make him think she deserved this type of gift. i think he has the money to blow so he blew it.

..jophil...

i have no idea is this guy wants to get in her pants. i know he is not faithful to his wife but that means nothing to me.

My assumption is by flaunting his money he gets attention. whether it be from her or whoever notices it.

I just dont get why someone would do this. I put myself in his shoes and could never purchase somehting like that for someone who i know from the bar and only working for me for a few weeks.

hell, i wouldnt purchase something like that now, even being in my LTR.

its amazing how this guy is a lawyer, has money, yet his decisions seem to be so AFC. He seems like a nice guy, but i mean comn' ...this wreaks of AFC IMO

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
the one thing i can say about all this is she hasnt worn the watch yet. its still sitting in the same box on the dresser. I really could care less if she wears it, its a very nice watch and shouldnt just sit there.

however it is nice to know she is not throwing it in my face.

thinking back i shouldve given her the watch
Here's the thing that I find curious about the entire situation, how do you know how much the watch cost? Aside from looking it up on the Net, if you were privy to this information by any other means, I'd question the motive of the message aside from it's content.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the thing that I find curious about the entire situation, how do you know how much the watch cost? Aside from looking it up on the Net, if you were privy to this information by any other means, I'd question the motive of the message aside from it's content.
good question ....i dont know the SPECIFIC amount of the watch. hell for all i know it could be alot more.

based on it being a MAVADO...its atleast a 300 dollar watch. the big a** diamond sitting the top of it has to be worth something.

to be honest, the price really isnt all that important. it couldve been a 200 dollar watch. i just think this lawyer guy overstepped some boundries.

1. he has a wife. if you are spending money like this on a secretary, there are bigger issues at home. i feel bad for his wife

2. before you buy something of such magnitude, woudlnt you think you may be giving off the wrong impression. if not to the reciever, atleast to everyone else that is in our company???

##17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
So it was the little ladys bday this past week. of course it sucks that her bday is so close to christmas. not to mention that our yearly anniversary is only 2 weeks prior to her bday.

For her bday i kept it pretty simple, taking her out to dinner and a small gift to show her that i do appreciate her from time to time. I already started collecting a few things for christmas and one of the things i decided to get her was a nice guess watch. this watch ran me around 130 dollars. i wrapped it and stuck it in a special place until dec 25.

Well, being it her birthday and working at a ****tail bar, her regulars that come into her bar threw her a bday party and bought her gifts. I normally stay away from this place but decided to go since she invited me to this occasion.

on of the regualrs offered her a job 3 wekks ago in his law firm working 2 days a week. Well, this particular guy that is now her "boss" also bought her a gift. This gift was in a small black bag and all the women in the bar new what was in it just from the baggage yet i had no clue.

she opens this bag and pulls out a 450 dollar diamond movado watch. needless to say my stomach was in my throat. i was very uncomfortable with this.

now a few things...

i am glad that i wasnt the one who needed to spend this money on something nice for her.

i also know that he is not just a "REGULAR" any more and now also her boss

..but i have to ask myself...is this normal?? what need is there to buy such an expensive gift?

...would i care so much if i hadnt already spent the time, effort, energy and 130 dollars on the same gift with less quality?

wandering how you all would feel or act towards something like this.

comments welcome
I'm hoping she had the class to tell the guy that she can't accept the gift. Maybe not at the party with everyone watching, but the next time she sees him, she should tactfully try to give the watch back. But that's her business, something that she should have done without you even having to tell her.

What Francisco and Latinoman said about gauging her reaction after you give her your gift.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
good question ....i dont know the SPECIFIC amount of the watch. hell for all i know it could be alot more.

based on it being a MAVADO...its atleast a 300 dollar watch. the big a** diamond sitting the top of it has to be worth something.

to be honest, the price really isnt all that important. it couldve been a 200 dollar watch. i just think this lawyer guy overstepped some boundries.

1. he has a wife. if you are spending money like this on a secretary, there are bigger issues at home. i feel bad for his wife

2. before you buy something of such magnitude, woudlnt you think you may be giving off the wrong impression. if not to the reciever, atleast to everyone else that is in our company???
Ok, so you're just guessing on the cost of the watch; no one was flaunting what was spent. By the way, you can find discontinued REAL Mavado's online for a little over $200. Not a big deal to a lawyer who works at a firm that could bill him out at twice that per hour.

Given that, he could just be from old school management where you give "good" gifts to those who add to your success at work. Back in the 80's that was common place. I can remember getting Christmas bonus' from anywhere between $500-$1000.

Personally, I wouldn't worry. I don't think it was meant to be an attack to your ego either, you're just doing it to yourself. Besides, for the work that most admins do in lawfirms, a watch even at $400 would just be scraping the surface of their worth. I bet he's writing it off anyway... :p

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
##17 said:
I'm hoping she had the class to tell the guy that she can't accept the gift. Maybe not at the party with everyone watching, but the next time she sees him, she should tactfully try to give the watch back. But that's her business, something that she should have done without you even having to tell her.

What Francisco and Latinoman said about gauging her reaction after you give her your gift.
Bingo, gringo, Ringo, mingo, chingo!

She should be the one bringing it up to you, and saying that she will tell him she can't accept such a gift this soon. Or she should tell you after she does it.

If she keeps it, it is her right, but if you say he is not faithful, and she is hot, and he can buy anything to anybody, then I would make her realize that you are aware of what he's up to.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
C'mon. Don't kid yourself, you know exactly what he wants.
This is correct. There are many guys in the finance and legal industries that find themselves in a position to hire attractive women, with whom they would like to have sex.

Interestingly, they rarely succeed.

He would probably be a bigger threat, actually, if he *didn't* give her that watch.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eBay - $206
http://www.amazon.com/Movado-Womens-Collection-Watch-0690630/dp/B000P5BXMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1198035497&sr=1-1

And how much does this lawyer bill per hour, possibly $400-$500 an hour if he's a partner? Yeah, I'd blow 30 minutes of work to buy a Admin a watch for a year's worth or good work.

you make this equation seem simple. lets assume that he does bill that amount per hour and the "dough" means nothing to him. where do we draw the line on whats acceptable or not acceptable??

i mean just because he has the money doesnt mean he should be dishing it out on a secratary thats been working there for three weeks. maybe he should be taking his arse home to his wife instead of in the bar every night.

if he paid for her rent for 3 months just has a gift is that acceptable?

this brings up a good point and i just remembered something as im typing this. he mentioned to me the day he gave her the gift that he was going to buy her new tits for her bday ..."for me".

now lets discuss this....is THAT acceptable??

..also...

im not sure if she is returning the gift back to him but i left for work this morning and she had the watch in the bag it was given to her in and a xmas gfit for her boss/regular sitting on the table to take to work with her.

...we shall see

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is WAY over the line telling YOU that he was going to buy her new T1ts for her birthday!

SOmething is wrong with this guy. I guess you could profit from his idiocy and pocket the watch but this won't end there. He is going to keep buying her stuff.

I think he has a crush on her and is so clueless as to even include you in what he is doing.

Your GF is a fool - this won't end well. She had better quit the job and avoid this guy... but she won't.

Sorry for you but I think your AW GF is going to cause you much trouble in the near future

Dietzcoi

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
you make this equation seem simple. lets assume that he does bill that amount per hour and the "dough" means nothing to him. where do we draw the line on whats acceptable or not acceptable??
Regardless of how much money he makes it's relative, and a trinket to him might be a treasure to someone else.

It's all about the message it sends, and in this case it send the wrong message.

this brings up a good point and i just remembered something as im typing this. he mentioned to me the day he gave her the gift that he was going to buy her new tits for her bday ..."for me".

now lets discuss this....is THAT acceptable??
This guy is trying to out-alpha you, passive aggressive style.

I had a similar situation happen with my ex. Her boss was trying his best to fukk her. In retrospect I got a little too agitated over it. You gotta keep your cool and not let it phase you. Remember, women might not always be testing but they are always judging.

Doesn't matter if it's acceptable or not. He didn't say that for HER he said that for YOU. Of course your g/f wouldn't accept a gift like that. If she did you would know what to do, I hope.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on a man's budget may I suggest Tiffany jewelry?

I don't mean to sound like an add... but a few years ago I noticed that they have a good amount of things in the $100 - $200 price range that looks nice and of course comes in the blue box with white ribbon that women recognize.

Her friends will be jealous and you know how silly women can be about status symbols.

Now before y'all go and think I'm some kind of sucker throwing jewelry at women: so far the only female who has gotten blue boxed gifts out of me is my mother.

They sell their stuff online too, and you can have it delivered directly to your house.

So for that $130 that DavenJuan spent on a Guess watch he could have gotten:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Cat...ewPaged-c+-s+1-r+101424818-t+-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+

Or:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Cat...ms=s+1-p+1-c+-r+101424819-x+-n+12-ri+-ni+1-t+

:flowers: