Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men are now more likely to be single than women. It's not a good sign.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article is pretty much saying “Just get a BA/BS brah, and you can get married.”

It’s not that simple. Plenty of BS-cels out there. Some even in STEM.
It's a strange dynamic. I've seen a lot of articles on the internet over the years about women lamenting that there are no educated men to date. It's pretty well known that there are far more women than men in university, though obviously some majors are more male dominated (engineering, math, computer science, etc.). As you mentioned, many men in those fields tend to not do that well with women, not necessarily because of their appearance but more so because brainy/nerdy personality types common in those fields are not seen as attractive to women.

Something I've seen first hand is (over)educated women that demand men have the same level of education as they do in order to date them. What they seem to forget is that many men can excel in life without even needing a college degree. There are tons of men in the skilled trades that within a decade can make serious bank if they are in the right area. You don't even need this, there are tons of men who just grind day in and day out for years and due to financial decisions they made are killing it. A lot of these "educated" women would quickly write these men off as being unqualified despite the fact that most millenial college grads are ridiculously in debt with student loans.

If a woman is deeming you as a man as unworthy because of what degree you do or don't have you dodged a bullet. Women like this have checklists of demands and ultimately end up alone and miserable.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the USA at least, women outnumber men.
the population of women in the US period is 50.8% so statistically its dead even.
144,000 men in prison versus 10,000 women give or take. Again statistically almost dead even over the 329 million people in the US.
And without looking it up i doubt off hand polyamory accounts for very much either.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the population of women in the US period is 50.8% so statistically its dead even.
144,000 men in prison versus 10,000 women give or take. Again statistically almost dead even over the 329 million people in the US.
And without looking it up i doubt off hand polyamory accounts for very much either.
Inmates are included in the census. There are almost always more women in alive than men.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is modern women don’t qualify for the men they want. Then they overlook the men they do qualify for. You see average women demanding high earning, tall, handsome men. It is laughable.
They qualify to be the side piece , they misplace their value . Knowing damn well the only thing they have to offer is on sale for High Value males.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given today's world, it shouldn't be shocking.
Quote from the article.

Most researchers agree that the trendlines showing that fewer people are getting married and that those who do are increasingly better off financially have a lot more to do with the effect of wealth and education on marriage than vice versa. People who are financially stable are just much more likely to find and attract a partner.

“It’s not that marriage is making people be richer than it used to, it’s that marriage is becoming an increasingly elite institution, so that people are increasingly only getting married if they already have economic advantages,” says Philip Cohen, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park. “Marriage does not make people change their social class, it doesn’t make people change their race, and those things are very big predictors of economic outcomes.”

I agree, women will only marry men who have their sh** together and who can provide for themselves.
There is a very easy explanation for this. Whereas in the past, the typical Joe-Lunch-Box man could look forward to BetaBuxxing his way into married poon, he realizes that he has to get in rarified wage territory for his paycheck to make a difference - and that he sees how the Stacys & Beckys will give out the poon for free to UnemployedChad, etc. - and he comes to the conclusion of "why even bother?". He'd rather be Chaturbating to Stacy then rolling a "sassy" fat wife in flour to look for the wet spot. He is, in the words of men's philosopher Aaron Clarey, "enjoying the decline".

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrug. That’s how it has always been. Not every man will get a woman to reproduce with. Men at the top get to have multiple women. Always been that way…
Nuclear Black Pill

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is what has always been for centuries, but I also agree everything has been especially worse in the last 2 decades due to the booming of social networks and a new era of consumerism.
Yes, this statistic holds, but it doesn't count the fact that a lot of men get killed trying (voluntarily or conscriptarily) to WarriorMax, so that the men who remain were in demand. The bad side of not having culling wars is that there are too many men that make it to the mating phase. :mad: Even while transitioning out of the killing fields era, the monogamous meme had held up until the Baby Bust.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think men are more inclined to stay single in todays society, women seem to need a man more than men seem to need a woman, specially over age 45. Also, for every woman getting married theres a man shes marrying so their survey doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Men make up 51% of the population so their math doesnt add up. If men are single, then so are women.
The problem with your logic is that there are men like Trump that essentially control the mating of serial wives like Ivana, Melania & WhatsHerName.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. We don’t have a bunch of future rocket scientist babies growing up, most are conceived from the neighborhood druggie with a record as long as my leg. That’s the next generation coming up.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is driving this trend is money and the lack there of. The cause of this is inflation, which is an invisible tax that mostly affects the poor and financially uneducated. Women only see the resources or ability to provide. The men that can do this are keeping track with the top echelons of modern countries that are in this ranking. Believe me, this all is going to get worse.
If that were the case, why isn't every tech geek in Silicon Valley getting poon? :rolleyes:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or how about having no mass migration at all
I wouldn't mind if all Afghan women were allowed amnesty. Heck, I wouldn't mind any single young white women being allowed amnesty :cool:, just so long as any boyfriend is not allowed in. :rolleyes:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic human behavior has not changed for 100,000 years. The only thing that changes is technology, population growth, and diminished resource pressures. These things drive the development of culture to adapt to change. As cultures change there will always be conservative v. progressive conflict... those who believe cultural change is needed: those who do not want to change.

These social conflicts, in the past, could always be resolved with people wanting change, could just up and move to where there are not people and start over. This is how the USA was formed. The problem today is that we can no longer just pull up stakes and move. An individual, prior to the mid-1990s could just move, start over and go from there. You can't do that anymore...

Think about it... I know dozens of women when I was in college, who were absolute nymphomaniacs... now every now and then I will cross paths with one of them on social media... and they are married to Baptist ministers with grand-children. YOU CAN'T FVCKING DO THAT ANYMORE. Your past stays with you. So the reason why marriage is on the decline is because the totality of your life stays with you, making finding partners very difficult.

Every time a woman leaves a relationship she worries that what they did in that relationship will get posted as some kind of revenge. Men look at the woman's past and thinks "Do I really want to marry a girl whose idea of a good weekend is having a train run on her."

Everything you do lives forever on social media, your past is an open book, anyone can do a background check and learn everything about you as part of the public record. The reason why fewer people are getting married is because we learn too much about our potential partners too soon, and we never have time to ease into the shock.

Our culture as not settled into this new realty.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anecdotally. Of my 9 friends & I. 2 married. 3 LTR. 5 either 0 or close to it. Granted, we are a nerdy group, so that’s skews things a bit.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern men find most modern women insufferable for marriage. Marriage is old fashion, from the middle ages, and irronicly most marriages back then where cousin and sisters and after generations they became inbred.

And we really need to stop this notion that men "at the top" have multiple women, are the only ones having children and sex with most the women. It's screams incel and stupidity, in reality is actually the opposite.
Agree. Anecdotally. Employees at the organization I work for tend to be good looking. Almost all the Chads have one woman. Though I had a period, of about a year, before Covid, where I was dating multiple women at once.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whereas in the past, the typical Joe-Lunch-Box man could look forward to BetaBuxxing his way into married poon, he realizes that he has to get in rarified wage territory for his paycheck to make a difference - and that he sees how the Stacys & Beckys will give out the poon for free to UnemployedChad, etc. - and he comes to the conclusion of "why even bother?". He is, in the words of men's philosopher Aaron Clarey, "enjoying the decline".
The Joe-Lunch-Box man is an interesting breed. There are more advanced Joe-Lunch-Boxes who are plumbing, drywall, electrical contractors. Those guys make good money. The rank and file construction workers are different.

Most blue collar men can't base their game on money. It takes a lot more money now than 30 or 50 years ago to base your game off of money. I estimate that it take 2.5-5x times what a woman earns for a man to have money make a difference for him. That's usually close to an income of $200,000, but minimum $150,000. I've seen guys making $120-130k in their 30s treated like shiit by women. The women expect that. That's a solid income.

The guys who "enjoy the decline" best are marginally employed guys or guys making sub $60,000 who are physically fit. They aren't putting a ring on it.

Women like this have checklists of demands and ultimately end up alone and miserable.
WRONG! They end up with cat farms!
Women have problems being truly alone. This is part of why most single women have pets. Single women are more likely to have pets than single men. The whole Millennial generation (1982-1996) is the most pet crazed generation we've ever witnessed in humanity.

When you guys going to figure out that marriage and LTR's are for chumps.

Withdraw the relationship reward from women. They don't deserve it.
I'm 38 and never have married. My behavior shows I've figured it out based on this statement.

A lot of women send a lot of decent men to the reject bin. There's are a lot of good men who are living as MGTOWs because they were constantly rejected by women with absurd standards. These men differ from the socially inept incels who were also sent to the reject bin by women.

Anecdotally. Of my 9 friends & I. 2 married. 3 LTR. 5 either 0 or close to it. Granted, we are a nerdy group, so that’s skews things a bit.
Most of my friends made since moving to my current city are carbon copies of one another. Married or LTR beta males, usually now with suburban homes, and dogs.

I have some divorces from college friends and cousins.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given today's world, it shouldn't be shocking.
Quote from the article.

Most researchers agree that the trendlines showing that fewer people are getting married and that those who do are increasingly better off financially have a lot more to do with the effect of wealth and education on marriage than vice versa. People who are financially stable are just much more likely to find and attract a partner.

“It’s not that marriage is making people be richer than it used to, it’s that marriage is becoming an increasingly elite institution, so that people are increasingly only getting married if they already have economic advantages,” says Philip Cohen, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park. “Marriage does not make people change their social class, it doesn’t make people change their race, and those things are very big predictors of economic outcomes.”

I agree, women will only marry men who have their sh** together and who can provide for themselves.
As they should. Kids ain't cheap. The problem is that they crater smv then seek playing house after her best years. The decline in marriage is the fact that guys are more aware of the dumpster having seen family wrecked. Father's in ruins following divorce rape.

Enjoy the decline. Pillage what you can. Then sit back and watch the world burn. It's not our problem. It's simply not on the menu. Good riddance.

Do yourself a favor. Look up girls from your high school or college year book. Look up girls from your past. It screams dumpster fire. Single mom's, fat as ****, feminism, bodies for days, and a series of aborted fetuses and a lifetime of used condoms.

This is what you think is worthy of chasing?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Joe-Lunch-Box man is an interesting breed. There are more advanced Joe-Lunch-Boxes who are plumbing, drywall, electrical contractors. Those guys make good money. The rank and file construction workers are different.

Most blue collar men can't base their game on money. It takes a lot more money now than 30 or 50 years ago to base your game off of money. I estimate that it take 2.5-5x times what a woman earns for a man to have money make a difference for him. That's usually close to an income of $200,000, but minimum $150,000. I've seen guys making $120-130k in their 30s treated like shiit by women. The women expect that. That's a solid income.

The guys who "enjoy the decline" best are marginally employed guys or guys making sub $60,000 who are physically fit. They aren't putting a ring on it.

Women have problems being truly alone. This is part of why most single women have pets. Single women are more likely to have pets than single men. The whole Millennial generation (1982-1996) is the most pet crazed generation we've ever witnessed in humanity.

I'm 38 and never have married. My behavior shows I've figured it out based on this statement.

A lot of women send a lot of decent men to the reject bin. There's are a lot of good men who are living as MGTOWs because they were constantly rejected by women with absurd standards. These men differ from the socially inept incels who were also sent to the reject bin by women.

Most of my friends made since moving to my current city are carbon copies of one another. Married or LTR beta males, usually now with suburban homes, and dogs.

I have some divorces from college friends and cousins.
The game has changed. A decade ago, women would at least attempt to hide hypergamy and bodies. Tbh I don't see a solution.

I think game, status, money, lifestyle etc helps. The trade off just isn't worth it. The math doesn't add up. What is expected to be brought to the table in the UK vs what a woman brings is rubbish. Ran through, abortions, krass, over weight, has like 1 rotten egg left. Now wants to play House.

In retrospect, fellas can look at the abyss and allocate time to accomplish purpose. The before times cultivated structure and wages weren't flat. The corporate culture is abysmal. No sane bachelor would sign up for the following if they can get by on far less or as a entrepreneur. Case and point are fellas in the west working corporate and held over a barrel. A bachelor can walk. A married man with a fat wife and a bunch of kids (several not all his) is not in the same situation.

Curious how you operate in the game today? It's catch and release on my end over here. Not playing for keeps.