Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men are now more likely to be single than women. It's not a good sign.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Given today's world, it shouldn't be shocking.
Quote from the article.

Most researchers agree that the trendlines showing that fewer people are getting married and that those who do are increasingly better off financially have a lot more to do with the effect of wealth and education on marriage than vice versa. People who are financially stable are just much more likely to find and attract a partner.

“It’s not that marriage is making people be richer than it used to, it’s that marriage is becoming an increasingly elite institution, so that people are increasingly only getting married if they already have economic advantages,” says Philip Cohen, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park. “Marriage does not make people change their social class, it doesn’t make people change their race, and those things are very big predictors of economic outcomes.”

I agree, women will only marry men who have their sh** together and who can provide for themselves.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is what has always been for centuries, but I also agree everything has been especially worse in the last 2 decades due to the booming of social networks and a new era of consumerism.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given today's world, it shouldn't be shocking.
Quote from the article.

Most researchers agree that the trendlines showing that fewer people are getting married and that those who do are increasingly better off financially have a lot more to do with the effect of wealth and education on marriage than vice versa. People who are financially stable are just much more likely to find and attract a partner.

“It’s not that marriage is making people be richer than it used to, it’s that marriage is becoming an increasingly elite institution, so that people are increasingly only getting married if they already have economic advantages,” says Philip Cohen, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park. “Marriage does not make people change their social class, it doesn’t make people change their race, and those things are very big predictors of economic outcomes.”

I agree, women will only marry men who have their sh** together and who can provide for themselves.
Not always true. I know TONS of guys with their **** together that haven’t had luck with women or dating. Women aren’t always good at being able to tell who’s really able to provide vs who’s in debt up to their eyeballs and just putting on an act.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern men find most modern women insufferable for marriage. Marriage is old fashion, from the middle ages, and irronicly most marriages back then where cousin and sisters and after generations they became inbred.

And we really need to stop this notion that men "at the top" have multiple women, are the only ones having children and sex with most the women. It's screams incel and stupidity, in reality is actually the opposite.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Modern men find most modern women insufferable for marriage. Marriage is old fashion, from the middle ages, and irronicly most marriages back then where cousin and sisters and after generations they became inbred.

And we really need to stop this notion that men "at the top" have multiple women, are the only ones having children and sex with most the women. It's screams incel and stupidity, in reality is actually the opposite.
I know plenty of women knocked up by deadbeats, so you’re right. It’s not just the guys at the very top. Plenty of bums passing on their genes too.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article is pretty much saying “Just get a BA/BS brah, and you can get married.”

It’s not that simple. Plenty of BS-cels out there. Some even in STEM.
I have an MBA and I’ve never been married or even engaged lol I can’t even get past 4-5 dates lately!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookie the problem is the men not making enough, not then woman are not worth to marry.

serious now, we know very well the first issue of lower marriage numbers are, there is not reward for doing so.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think men are more inclined to stay single in todays society, women seem to need a man more than men seem to need a woman, specially over age 45. Also, for every woman getting married theres a man shes marrying so their survey doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Men make up 51% of the population so their math doesnt add up. If men are single, then so are women.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think men are more inclined to stay single in todays society, women seem to need a man more than men seem to need a woman, specially over age 45. Also, for every woman getting married theres a man shes marrying so their survey doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Men make up 51% of the population so their math doesnt add up. If men are single, then so are women.
In the USA at least, women outnumber men. They are less likely to die at any age for various reasons. Also, a lot of men are in prison. Don’t forget polyamory as well.

As for the baby mommas, they end up making babies with the same pool of deadbeat dudes.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is modern women don’t qualify for the men they want. Then they overlook the men they do qualify for. You see average women demanding high earning, tall, handsome men. It is laughable.
Most women would rather stay single than date their level of guy. That’s like me demanding to date Jennifer Anniston and turning down the 7 at the bar even though she’s plenty good enough for me.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the USA at least, women outnumber men. They are less likely to die at any age for various reasons. Also, a lot of men are in prison. Don’t forget polyamory as well.

As for the baby mommas, they end up making babies with the same pool of deadbeat dudes.
Yep. We don’t have a bunch of future rocket scientist babies growing up, most are conceived from the neighborhood druggie with a record as long as my leg. That’s the next generation coming up.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People who are financially stable are just much more likely to find and attract a partner.
False. Screw this article. Say that to all the wealthy divorcees. Marriage is more for tax benefits, which is why they have a high rate of divorce and affairs.

“Marriage does not make people change their social class, it doesn’t make people change their race, and those things are very big predictors of economic outcomes.”
What a stupid take. This professor just happened to include race in a discussion of marriage? **** out of here with this liberal bs.

Men aren't getting married cause the institution is against them. I'm a great example. I would have had a wife and kids a long time ago, even in college, but the standards of women are high, and its expensive to even have kids due to the possibility of child support, alimony, and other **** that rips money from men and transfer to women by the state. I came from a religious family that valued marriage by the church, but marriage has changed due to our western culture.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know maybe I'm just realizing this now but it seems this forum has turned into an incel ecochamber.

Everyone says the same thing that has been said 1000 times before and says it like its something new and revealing. Pissing and moaning like thin wasted *****s.

3AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a response to all. What is taking place in a lot of the modern world has nothing to do with it "Always being that way," now I say that and yes, female nature is always the same. Same in that they are always going to pre-select based on individuals that can provide them the most security in life.

What is driving this trend is money and the lack there of. The cause of this is inflation, which is an invisible tax that mostly affects the poor and financially uneducated. Women only see the resources or ability to provide. The men that can do this are keeping track with the top echelons of modern countries that are in this ranking. Believe me, this all is going to get worse.

I did a personal study for my industry on pay brackets and inflation. I saw that inflation has increased by 180% from what it was in the 90s. Mind you inflation is measured in different ways (Long discussion I will spare all). The punch line is in my industry wages haven't changed in 30 years. A job that paid 50k is the same from the 90s to the 2020s. If you adjust this for inflation this person would be making about 140k a year. Think about that for a minute and let it sink in............

What could you do if your wages/income grew by 180%!

Now, this isn't all that dire. The answer is educate yourself financially and build yourself. The hardest part is learning that this exists in the first place. Then you can do something about it. I can assure you, this isn't about the women.

joesknows

Banned
Reaction score
Not always true. I know TONS of guys with their **** together that haven’t had luck with women or dating.
Definitely true. I just wrote a post about this:

What's interesting and probably concerning for many guys is that it used to be (as in just a few years ago) average looking guys 5/6 range who struggled with dating even though they had good jobs and bright futures.

Now I'm even seeing 7/8 tier guys in looks who are scrambling to date as women "level up" in their selectivity.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article is pretty much saying “Just get a BA/BS brah, and you can get married.”

It’s not that simple. Plenty of BS-cels out there. Some even in STEM.
Do you want to get married if you have a BA/BS degree or higher?

You're right about the incel population having BA/BS degrees or higher. Many guys in STEM occupations are incels. To get a job in a STEM occupation, you need a BA/BS degree or higher.

There are plenty of incel guys with non-STEM degrees too.

Most men are vagina beggars. They need a relationship for sex. You see a lot of betas in LTRs with decreasing frequency of sex as time goes on. The unattached men are often incels and often invisible to the opposite sex.

Now I'm even seeing 7/8 tier guys in looks who are scrambling to date as women "level up" in their selectivity.
I can buy this argument that the 6-7.5 looks level but not above that.

False. Screw this article. Say that to all the wealthy divorcees. Marriage is more for tax benefits, which is why they have a high rate of divorce and affairs.

What a stupid take. This professor just happened to include race in a discussion of marriage? **** out of here with this liberal bs.

Men aren't getting married cause the institution is against them. I'm a great example. I would have had a wife and kids a long time ago, even in college, but the standards of women are high, and its expensive to even have kids due to the possibility of child support, alimony, and other **** that rips money from men and transfer to women by the state. I came from a religious family that valued marriage by the church, but marriage has changed due to our western culture.
I can attest to the higher standards of women. Your last paragraph could apply to my life as well.