"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Me? Intimidating?

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I was talking to a girl in one of my classes today. I asked her from social standpoint how she percieves me. She said that I look intimidating and unapproachable. I don't understand. What does it mean?? I used to be less sociable especially during first couple of years of college because I am pretty self-reliant. Now that I try to talk I get nervous uneasy responses from people.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
either of things i was before.

using too 'hard' words uncommon to the layman.

not smiling too much.

thinking too much.. alone.

tending to be 'closed' type of person in relation to posture.

don't see you having enough fun.

too opinionated.

but that's just me. before. hehe
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Adding to DJ Alejandro said.

What do you look like, how tall are you and whats your body type, your hair style? What type of clothes do you wear? What image do you try and project?
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
You might also be physically intimidating. If you're like 6'3 with 230 pounds of muscle, you can scare the hell out of some one by walking in the door.

Go to a clothing store and look at yourself in a full length mirror. Do you have a "thug" or "Kick-your-ass" kind of look? Confidence is great but don't cross the line and look threatening.
 

SuperMan_Wuss

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah
I used to be the same way, I am 6'3" and 205. I never would look people in the eye, I wouldnt smile, basically I was big and mean looking. so I say look people in the eye, dont look away and smile. that makes you seem so much friendlier and aproachable.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I'm 6'2", dark brown short and spiky hair, about 155 lbs. I don't follow any fashion trends. I dress in dark clothes which might make me look like the 80's punk type. I am looking to reinvent my look.
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Yeah, I'm sure its the height and dark clothes. Also can you describe your general personality and or how do you think others see you?
Do they see you as happy, mad, glad etc.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Brighter colors... dark intimidates people, for some reason. Try going to A&F, or somewhere else that doesn't carry 'black' as a color. :p
 
Top