Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marriage is slamming your foot on the gas in a car with no brakes

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
"If woman ****ed in a cardboard boxes, men wouldn't buy houses" haha. Signing up for marriage is a huge burden of responsibility. You are legally responsible for the safety and well-being of an adult human who has no concept of spending or finances. Many men become slaves to their jobs because they need to keep up with a woman's lifestyle expectations. Personally, I value free time the most and I am very minimalistic in the things that make me happy. Women will have you living above your means paying for dinners, a huge house, new cars, vacations, clothes, fancy memberships, all so she can gain 30lbs and stop ****ing you after the honeymoon phase. The moment she is unhappy with the life style you offer, she has the option to take half your ****. Marriage is slamming your foot on the gas in a car with no brakes.

Can someone please shed light on what exactly the benefits are to getting married in 2020?

Attachments

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a married man. I did it out of pure narcissism and power lol, which I am prone to. I probably suffer NPD

You also see Trump and other narcissist celebrities & hollywood actors get married multiple times

But the Manosphere dosent seem to view marriage as power, they see the total opposite, loss of power, or FEAR of it

I don't fear my wife at all. She carries my name and will do as I say. It's not a bad deal

But it's interesting.... this topic of marriage, it's the only topic that both Feminists & Manosphere MGTOW types both agree on

Guess I choose a different path

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
But it's interesting.... this topic of marriage, it's the only topic that both Feminists & Manosphere MGTOW types both agree on
That's because both groups has lost all faith that a functional, fulfilling and lasting relationship is even possible. They're jaded and broken people, but obviously they'll refuse to admit that in order to preserve their belief system.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a married man. I did it out of pure narcissism and power lol, which I am prone to. I probably suffer NPD

You also see Trump and other narcissist celebrities & hollywood actors get married multiple times

But the Manosphere dosent seem to view marriage as power, they see the total opposite, loss of power, or FEAR of it

I don't fear my wife at all. She carries my name and will do as I say. It's not a bad deal

Have you ever regretted your decision to marry? Do you think it's best for society in general if people get married or are you indifferent to what others do?

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I don't call that what we have today marriage. It changed so much that it's something else.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leaders marry mostly because of image since that's what you're supposed to do in the eyes of society, so they need to be a role model in that sense. Image and setting up a stable environment for their offspring. Super important for political leaders like Trump if you want to be seen as a serious person with credibility.
It's not like they're appealing to the MGTOW crowd out there.

I don't see any big benefits to marriage, but i'm not automatically against it. Everyone needs to approach it from their own view and situation. It's good to be aware of the risks if you choose to go down that path and that's exactly why i'm here, to learn from others.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone please shed light on what exactly the benefits are to getting married in 2020?
I personally don't see as much value in marriage in 2020 but I think people still should if you find a really good girl and only if you two want to start a family.
HOWEVER, I'll make it really simple for guys that do want to get married for whatever reasons.

Make sure she loves you more than you love her.

Otherwise you will be enslaved to her in various ways, make compromises, sacrifices to enrichen HER life. You want a support person to enrichen your life and in return since you will be happy, you will make her life happy after she earns it. I know this can sound illogical and it is in short term thinking but it definitely will work in the long run. In short term thinking, that could make one feel like they "settled" but believe me, this is nothing more than a mirage as guys are always looking at looks first and having their judgements clouded by it.

So in essence, I'm advocating not discounting gals that may only be a 7 but look for one with a heart of gold. Obviously if you can find that unicorn that is a 9 and has a heart of gold then you've definitely struck the jackpot which is the exception.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't see as much value in marriage in 2020 but I think people still should if you find a really good girl and only if you two want to start a family.
HOWEVER, I'll make it really simple for guys that do want to get married for whatever reasons.

Otherwise you will be enslaved to her in various ways, make compromises, sacrifices to enrichen HER life. You want a support person to enrichen your life and in return since you will be happy, you will make her life happy after she earns it. I know this can sound illogical and it is in short term thinking but it definitely will work in the long run. In short term thinking, that could make one feel like they "settled" but believe me, this is nothing more than a mirage as guys are always looking at looks first and having their judgements clouded by it.

So in essence, I'm advocating not discounting gals that may only be a 7 but look for one with a heart of gold. Obviously if you can find that unicorn that is a 9 and has a heart of gold then you've definitely struck the jackpot which is the exception.
I couldnt agree more.... was married 25yrs... gettin divorced now. I will never invest in a woman like that again. I will and can love... but i will be guarded forevermore.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more.... was married 25yrs... gettin divorced now. I will never invest in a woman like that again. I will and can love... but i will be guarded forevermore.
Why are you getting a divorce?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Have you ever regretted your decision to marry? Do you think it's best for society in general if people get married or are you indifferent to what others do?
I believe The Funky Cold Medina dude has females on the side. There are zero benefits to the higher earning spouse in marriage. What's the point of marriage with no fault divorce? She has the offspring and then decides she's not happy. Then, you're kicked out of the marital home and you have to fight to have "visitation" to YOUR KIDS. Whereas, if not married, there is no marital home, marital assets, etc (unless in a common law state).

Marriage is dead. Cohabitation is now going to be the norm. Especially with females now, at lease in professional, gov't and medical/stem are making just as much or more than their male counterparts; they don't want to lose their sh it either. Funny how that works now..

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you getting a divorce?
Long story....i have a thread about it already. Basicly she left me for a man whos 10yrs older and had more money than i could compete with... lived on opposite side of canada and they claimed "friends only" for over 3 years til i got kicked out then she had him come stay for like a month with her and our kids (15 and 21 at the time) ... became and alcoholic.. blamed me and then moved in with her new guy (BC canada to Quebec) a year later after both our kids decided living with mom was a bad idea since her bad behaviors carried on after i was kicked out so she claimed they abandoned her.. told our daughter she was a disruption to her life cuz daughter didnt like new guy.. on and on i could write a fkn book... so many details i could type forever... bottom line is now im happy and shes still miserable af even with new guy.. and now shes paying me child support on top of it. Her loss...

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
an often overlooked issue aswell is upon splitting from the family house, the father usually becomes heavily dependent on alcohol. the mom carries on just fine, she has attention and the kids

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely get married, as long as:

1. I have a 27 year old mistress
2. If we divorce, my wife gets the same thing she got from the guy who took her virginity

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't call that what we have today marriage. It changed so much that it's something else.
Young men like myself are stuck in a dilemma. I want children and a family but marriage today does not make sense. The risks far outweight the reward. Currently looking into a way to have a kid without a wife or relationship, not adoption tho.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a MUST, she has to "love" you more. It makes sense to my why guys marry a woman with a much lower SMV than themselves. Even if she wants to "monkey branch" to a better option, she can't and the marriage lasts.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The primary benefit of marriage is being a positive environment to raise children. Kids need a father in the home.
Currently seeking a way to father a child without a relationships or joint-custody.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely get married, as long as:

1. I have a 27 year old mistress
2. If we divorce, my wife gets the same thing she got from the guy who took her virginity
27? Mine would have to be 17 lol (17 is the legal age in NY state)

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
an often overlooked issue aswell is upon splitting from the family house, the father usually becomes heavily dependent on alcohol. the mom carries on just fine, she has attention and the kids
What is the issue here? He is self-medicating. I fear the alternative for him is worse than alcohol.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story....i have a thread about it already. Basicly she left me for a man whos 10yrs older and had more money than i could compete with... lived on opposite side of canada and they claimed "friends only" for over 3 years til i got kicked out then she had him come stay for like a month with her and our kids (15 and 21 at the time) ... became and alcoholic.. blamed me and then moved in with her new guy (BC canada to Quebec) a year later after both our kids decided living with mom was a bad idea since her bad behaviors carried on after i was kicked out so she claimed they abandoned her.. told our daughter she was a disruption to her life cuz daughter didnt like new guy.. on and on i could write a fkn book... so many details i could type forever... bottom line is now im happy and shes still miserable af even with new guy.. and now shes paying me child support on top of it. Her loss...
Please link me the thread for this.