Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Male Attractiveness: Does It Lead to Jealousy?

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it can be counter-productive beyond a certain point. For example, it's great to be good looking in specific situations: bars, clubs, some social circle situations with attractive single women.

However, when around mostly average or below average looking people, it can create a lot of drama, jealousy and animosity.

Not that I want to be less good looking. I want to be as good looking as possible. But it looks like I am going to have to cut myself off from all low value people and hang out in a very exclusive group. The problem is, even other good looking guys will become jealous and protective and don't want any serious competition 'hanging around' which basically makes male friendships difficult if not impossible.

It's almost like good looking men are stigmatized beyond a certain point.

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it can be counter-productive beyond a certain point. For example, it's great to be good looking in specific situations: bars, clubs, some social circle situations with attractive single women.

However, when around mostly average or below average looking people, it can create a lot of drama, jealousy and animosity.

Not that I want to be less good looking. I want to be as good looking as possible. But it looks like I am going to have to cut myself off from all low value people and hang out in a very exclusive group. The problem is, even other good looking guys will become jealous and protective and don't want any serious competition 'hanging around' which basically makes male friendships difficult if impossible.

People have their own perceptions about you based on how they feel about their self compared to a physically attractive person.

I know if I don’t make the first initiative to say hey to new people, they will simply think I think I’m too good for them just because of my look. It can be annoying, because I’m only human too and can struggle in social situations or being confident at certain times or I’m just having an off day.

Attractive people are expected to be gregarious and play that archetypical role. But if they’re not, it can create issues; from my personal experience. Other men can resent what you possess and hold it against you. So attractive people have the benefit of being able to befriend more people, but it requires more effort. Because who doesn’t like talking to someone attractive? It increases their worth momentarily

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Good looking guy checking in.....

never had any kind of hate or jealousy from anyone.....

It might just be you

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Different story same shiet.

Different online name still the same shiet from Naughty Ninja.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, they don't call it the 'green eyed monster' for nothing.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Not that I want to be less good looking. I want to be as good looking as possible. But it looks like I am going to have to cut myself off from all low value people and hang out in a very exclusive group. The problem is, even other good looking guys will become jealous and protective and don't want any serious competition 'hanging around' which basically makes male friendships difficult if not impossible.

I don't think so; women see other good looking women as a threat since their looks are their biggest weapon.

I'm an attractive guy, but I'm not strikingly handsome nor did I win the genetic lottery. I consider myself a 7.5. The only guys who have maybe given me some dirty looks are out of shape middle aged men in their 50s and 60s who know they are invisible to younger attractive women.

As far as other good looking guys go, I'm not jealous of them at all but admire them for their aesthetics (in a heterosexual way)

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Fvck yeah other guys get jealous. You can't just be good looking. You have to be on another level. I ditched those mofo's though. Let ugly guys and ugly girls wallow together in their mutual ugliness ha ha!

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
You can tell by reading replies which guys are out of touch with reality and have little life experience and which ones have seen too much of reality. Maybe some guys are uglier guys on here in denial about their envy. Read some works by Robert Greene, it is some eye opening stuff, especially his latest books.

The answer is an overwhelming yes and this is from my experience as well as that of most good looking guys I know. I am 6'2, great shape and above average looks (not a model or anything) and the most resentful petty guys I know have been uglier guys.

The worst ones are uglier guys with big egos who desperately want female attention, they will hate your guts as much as possible the second they see women giving you more attention than they get.

You will get guys that envy the fact that people are paying more attention to you, giving you more of their time, calling you to more events and that women like you more. Some guys who are ugly with no ambition would just play it off as unimportant and go to playing videogames but you get ugly and genetically cursed guys with lots of ambition who were born short, facially deformed and less than attractive that will hate you for what you are given. These guys will be the ones most aggressively hitting on women and talking the loudest, trying to come off as the voice of authority in every situation, watch out for them. These are the most envious type of guys who will scheme against you at every turn.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dudes do get jealous older ones not as much in my experience. Then again I've had multiple straight men remark how good looking I am. More so then women, so I guess it's unfair to generalize all dudes as jealous. Guys with options don't get jealous, if a guy is jealous he's obviously low on female plates or has none

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was struggling with plates at my own time in life I would get super jealous even though that wasn't directly my nature. I use to hook my boys up with females or we would share. It's when I started seeing women who were attractive with men I deemed lame betas still kind of bothers me lolol

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
This is probably your issue right here:

Thinking that these people are "low value" based on their looks, thinking you belong to a very exclusive group because of your own looks.... all of that probably reverberates in your behavior, the amount of attention you provide them, effects how inclusive you are when interacting with them, etc. Dismissive behavior like this can make people dislike and distrust you very quickly.

It is all in how you engage with people. If you possess the skills to be sociable, welcoming and inclusive, very very few people will have a problem with you, regardless of how gifted or handicapped they are in the looks dept.
You would be floored by how nice I am to people, including people who are total d1cks.

But I'm not as politically correct/social justice warriorish as you are: physically ugly people are in fact low value.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than a bad accident that burned you or badly disfigured you, there is no excuse to be ugly these days.

Fat is unattractive, if you are addicted to food and can't control yourself get weight loss surgery.

If you have acne scarring, get fraxel treatment or other skin treatment thru a plastic surgeon.

If you have bad teeth, get braces or some cosmetic dentistry work.

In reality, most unattractive people are unattractive because they are obese or they have poor facial balance caused by their upper and/or lower jaw being too small, too wide, too long, too far back, forward...etc.

This is corrective through Orthognathic surgery, combined with Orthodontics.

Google "Before and after Orthognathic Surgery", patients looks vastly improve.

No excuse to be less than average in the 21st century, none!

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@sangheilios @longtail etc.

Your issues aren't physical, they're social. And most social issues are emotional issues.

Will a good looking guy run into a little competition anxiety from time to time? Sure. Are some people not gonna like you? Of course. There are too many people for everyone to make in depth assessments of everybody else, so they judge you based on superficial information--the same way they would an ugly guy, a jacked guy, a homeless guy, etc.

Par for the course. For EVERYBODY. The issue is that your frame is so weak that, as soon as some dude sh1t tests you, it gets under your skin, your reactiveness (subcomms always come thru) amplifies their assessment & leads to unnecessary conflict. So while your appearance conveys high value, your reactiveness conveys low value--and people hate incongruence. They hate it because it fvcks with their own low effort construction of reality.

If you had a real sense of internal value, you wouldn't care about some randos in their driveways tool you on a jog. You wouldn't really care about how you look to begin with. As soon as you drop that ego-attachment, as soon as you are unfazed by those sh1t tests, there's nothing there for people to attack & they will more than likely adopt your frame that it's NBD.

If some dude starts talking about how I'm good looking or whatever, I immediately dismiss that topic--just say, Yeah, thanks, shrug or whatever. If he accuses me of being gay, I just agree & amplify. If a girl harps on it, I tell her God was just making up for giving me a small d1ck. Basically defuse, dismiss, make light of it until they drop it. Then you can befriend that person & turn competition to collaboration by just offering them value. Find something you like about them, compliment them on it, etc. For guys, the easiest way to make your looks a nonissue or even a benefit is to 1.) Never poach on their girls and 2.) Throw girls their way. Chances are, if you're good looking, you're not really competing with other males directly--the girls you go after should be a cut above the girls they go after; so if you find yourself talking to a girl who you're not into, throw her at your friends, throw her at a random group of guys nearby & those dudes will be your friends for life.

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
@sangheilios @longtail etc.

Your issues aren't physical, they're social. And most social issues are emotional issues...
This is the type of weirdness that makes internet forums a laughingstock. Some person you've never met claims that they know your situation and personality with absolute certainty when in fact they're engaging in nothing but idle speculation.

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
If you can't make male friends there's pretty clearly an issue. It isn't that difficult.
If you waste 2 years of your life posting garbage "advice" 10X a day there's pretty clearly an issue. You clearly don't have your priorities straight.

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a retard but my mommy filled out an application for disability assistance. I hope she doesn't turn off my internet connection cuz this is my only connection to the outside world.
Maybe you'll find the courage to leave the house one day. It's OK.