"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Making the approach

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
Right, I've got the mindset I need sorted, but theres just something I need a hand with, guys:

At college theres a girl I keep making eye contact with... she looks right back at me and smiles slightly and looks slightly shy - this has been going on for quite some time. Thats all cool, but heres the problem.

she's never by herself.... ever :| otherwise I'd have easily made a move by now. I was wondering if any of you guys [especially brittish, you know what those brits are like for cold approaches :p] knew any way that I could walk over and pick up on something without sounding like a complete AFC or loser. I've been thinking of a way to sort of grab her attention to a vending machine or something, and try and make her come over - but that'll only work if A)she's really confident and B) the IL is pretty damn high

answers on a postcard ;)

EDIT: reading back through it, it sounds like oneitis... it isnt that bad. . . yet :p
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
a) clubs and pubs, they have to go to the toilet sometimes (and surprisingly when out they tend not to go there in pairs).

b) Get a wing to distract her friends, just ask a mate to pull off one of her friends.

c)talk to the whole group and then ask to pull her aside (this is the easiest and probably most successful)

d) go up and ask to borrow her (good if she actually knows you).

e) dont stalk her, but watch where her friends leave her and then make a move.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
B) and C) seem best, I've been casually looking for E but it never comes.

I doubt any of my mates would distract the other two, they have serious complexes as far as women are concerned.

I've made quite a few approaches on someone by themself, but not in a group... I guess I'm just gonna have to look for something to point out and try to get it rolling from there. I've never thought about A) before though, no idea why, I'll try that next weekend

thanks
 

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
I'd say use a wingman. They are effective, or atleast in my experiences.
 
Top