Lung Enhancement

slimjim7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone help me with this please?...I'm in advanced P.E. ok ...we run the half mile every day, and it's pretty hard for me. I don't smoke or anything, even the smokers get ahead of me. I'm not a fat guy or anything ...It just seems like I don't have enough lung capactiy. Does anyone know why? Kids tell me they run 13 laps easy in football training. I couldn't even imagine I could do that. My shins start to hurt very bad..my feet cramp up and my thighs kill me, most of all I could barely breath when I run for a lot of time. And No I dont have asthma. Help me if you can, thanks.

W

wheelin&dealin

You are having problems running because your body isn't used to it. Everybody else has probably done alot of running throughout their life or atleast played some sports. You on the other hand, have done nothing but sit on the couch.

BS

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know you don't have asthma? Get a 2nd opinon, that's what it sounds like.

If not, run more, your probably just not used to it, drink lots of water too.

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We need some stats - body weight and height.

Also, are you a good sprinter?

I am 5'11 155 pounds, and have been doing road racing for the past 5 years. It took me that long to figure out that endurance events isn't my sport.

Now I'm doing track racing (sprinting) and absolutely killing everyone on the short distances.

It pretty much depends on your muscle type. You either have a high percentage slow twitch (which utilises oxygen, and should be able to keep you going for hours) or fast twitch (for sprinting - couple of seconds to 1 minute).

Also find out if you don't have asthma. But it sounds very much like my situation.

If you find you're a sprinter, don't sweat it. Work on it and forget the long distances (until you're over 30, when your body will start getting more endurance based anyway).

my 2p...

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stamina....just as you do it more often it will get easier.

------------------
It's not what they take away from you that counts.It's what you do with what you have left.

There is only one sucess-to live your life in your own way.