"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LTR Relationships

Avsguy01

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Age
44
How many here actually have girlfriends and are in a long term type of relationship?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Avsguy01

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Age
44
I mean, even if you havent been in one long, are you in one that you are possibly going to be looking forward to a LTR?
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Met this one early 2nd semester at university. I'd like to be with her at least for the whole 4 years at university.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
5
Location
Camp Pendleton, Ca
Now that I think about it, I'm going on just over 2 years with my current being the only woman in my life as well, though I did break up with her for a few months when our relationship was being counter-productive.

I've also had quite a few relationships which lasted over six months.

-Cyrano
 

Chimps

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Going on two and a half years with my girl. Getting married at the end of June.
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Of the 3 girlfriends I've ever had, no relationship lasted a day less than 3 years.

First: 3.0 years

Second: 5.5 years

Third: 3.5 years
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by cactus3178
Of the 3 girlfriends I've ever had, no relationship lasted a day less than 3 years.

First: 3.0 years

Second: 5.5 years

Third: 3.5 years
You are REALLY dependent on girls huh? That means you have had a girlfriend ever since you have been 14...........and guys only start to date girls when they are about 12.

I dont have a girlfriend, but my longest relationship was about 1 1/2 years.
 

DJmonster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
oregon, US
In my first LTR - 5 months so far. She's great, meets all my standards, but lately all I can think about is other girls. I don't know, I might f*ck this one up. I think it's because she's not enough of a challenge for me.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
23 years... married her after 9 days.... why waste time?
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Originally posted by CLOONEY
You are REALLY dependent on girls huh? That means you have had a girlfriend ever since you have been 14...........and guys only start to date girls when they are about 12.

I dont have a girlfriend, but my longest relationship was about 1 1/2 years.


I don't know about dependent. I had between 3-6 months 'off' in between these girls. I know that's not alot of time, but each time, I focused, got off my ass, hung out with my bro's more, improved, and then got back on the horse. I don't quit.

Not to mention that all three wanted to go out with me long before it actually happened. My main problem seems to lie in actually keeping them longer than a few years.

But you do have a point, maybe that's why it seems weird to me to not have a damn relationship.
 

Okra

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta, GA
I have been in a LTR for about 8 months. It has been going really good. I only hang with her about once a week though.
 

drumr2

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Southern California
I've been in one since December, but I'm not faithful in any way. I basically still live and act single. That's because she lives about 50 miles away, and i can get away with it. :D
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
4 years in July... we just had a baby... after going through her preganancy, child birth, and a little PPD, we're back to normal... and when I mean normal I mean back to f*cking our brains out every chance we get.

Things are incredible right now... so much love, so much f*ckin, I'm happy. :)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
After a year, you're wasting time

No reason to have a girlfriend more than a year. You either sh-t (get married -- I suggest DON'T do this unless you want a fat, naggy wife down the road) ... or get off the pot (break up) -- I suggest do this in your 20's so you can develop individually and date tons of women to find out what you like.

Really, if you dont' know if a gal is marriage worthy after six months, you're completely wasting your time. There's nothing more to know. You know.

Also, why in the world would anyone marry in their 20's is beyond me. Each person changes individually and you have locked away your single life. Wait until you're 30 minimum. See the world, volunteer, help others, get in shape, go to as many Major League ballparks or sporting events as you can, attend your favorite musical concerts ... trust me, women will put the kabosh on most of this stuff.

* Also, no reason to live with a girl before getting married, too. Ninety percent of my friends who lived with their now-wives before getting married are now getting divorced or having a lousy marriage. They did the test drive, bought it, and are still disappointed.

Hang on to bachelorhood as long as you can! Most American women aren't worth it.
 
Top