low confidence

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
My gf just left again for the start of her college semester, and when we talk on the phone i just have no confidence. I get worried about what she's doing and about other guys. I just wanted to get some tips on how to boost my confidence because I believe my lack of it might start to create some problems.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start cheating before she does. Long distance relationships have no chance. Sorry, man. When I was college age, I would have argued the point, that mine was different. But it's not. You have low confidence for a reason; this is a very sh!tty arrangement for you.

BoredDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love waiting for the girls in long-term relationships to get lonely. :up:

This is why I broke up with my girl before I left for college, I know these things don't last.

Nikos75

Don Juan
Reaction score
This could help

I would recommend that you stop calling her often and start going out to meet new people ( not meaning only new girls). Start doing new things, like studying a foreign language -and practice-, a martial art, or even playing music.

The bottom line is that if you are too busy having a life on your own you won't fret over what she does and with whom.

An interesting side effect will be that as you get more interests you are going to improve yourself and your social life. And when you meet your GF -possibly during Spring Break- you' ll be a better -more interesting- man.

Moreover, if she knows that you've got stuff to do and people -including girls-to meet she'll start wondering about her hold upon you AND lose some of her confidence AND start to feel jealousy herself. Dude, give her the opportunity to miss you and LET HER BE JEALOUS. It works wonders.

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love how every time I post and mention me and my gf are going to different colleges you guys instantly say she is gonna cheat so I should first. Do you all have abandonment issues? Thanks Nikos for the actual advice I asked for. And by the way guys me and my gf have been going to different colleges for about a year now and neither of us have cheated. And studies prove that Long-term relationships stand as much of a chance as a natural relationship. My girl isn't gonna cheat, she's not a dumb slut like all the girls you guys have dated (or maybe you guys just aren't satisfying them enough). And cheaters are pieces of ****. So thanks SoSuave for never actually encouraging me, except for a select few, and never helping.