Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing 15lbs in 30 days

M

member160292

I was playing gold 2 Saturdays ago and the next morning I couldn't move my rotator cuff and my brachialis/brachioradialis was in pain. I was able to move my rotator cuff freely a couple days later and bench pressing is no problem. So about 2 weeks later, my brachialis/brachioradialis has pain again to the point where it was near impossible to do bicep curls. Anyone had this happen to them?

1658439667329.png

M

member160292

Just bought one of those gimmick scales

173lbs
28.1 BMI
23.4% BF
20.2 Subcutaneous fat
11 Visceral fat
55.3 body water
125.8 muscle mass
17.5% protein
1668 Kcal BMR

M

member160292

I rode my bike to the gym tdoay and a super cute asian chick checked me in, probably saw me dismounting. She gave me a pretty seductive smile and gaze that totally made my workout and day so much better.

Upped my squats to 130 on the smith machine doing 5x5.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I rode my bike to the gym tdoay and a super cute asian chick checked me in, probably saw me dismounting. She gave me a pretty seductive smile and gaze that totally made my workout and day so much better.

Upped my squats to 130 on the smith machine doing 5x5.
Unless you want to injure yourself, don't do Smith machine squats ever.

Completely unnatural motion for the body to do, especially when squatting.

If you are afraid to do normal squats or there isn't a squat rack, a much better alternative would be to use a bench and do Bulgarian Split Squats with dumbbells

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually pulled this off in about two weeks last month for my trip to Las Vegas.

ate minimal food, salads with eggs as my entire meal for the day. (consumed less than 500 calories a day)

two eggs boiled or scrambled for the day.

worked out lifting and running. Cut sweets and carbs completely.

After two weeks i lost 14lbs. I was planning a vacation to vegas and wanted to be able to eat and look better without blowing up. My friends saw me and asked what i did to lose weight.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually pulled this off in about two weeks last month for my trip to Las Vegas.

ate minimal food, salads with eggs as my entire meal for the day. (consumed less than 500 calories a day)

two eggs boiled or scrambled for the day.

worked out lifting and running. Cut sweets and carbs completely.

After two weeks i lost 14lbs. I was planning a vacation to vegas and wanted to be able to eat and look better without blowing up. My friends saw me and asked what i did to lose weight.
For the love of all things healthy please don’t follow this advice. It’s stupid and dangerous and a quick way to yo-yo your way into diabetes and worse eating habits.

Getting into a healthy physique and maintaining that physique require slow changes to diet and lifestyle so you don’t throw your central nervous system into chaos and have your body shutdown or get injured.

Anyone here that’s in good health will tell oh it took them a while to get into good habits and they have maintained said habits for a long time. There is no quick fix.

You’re not super fat just unfit and a novice. Looking at the stats you posted I’d say you’re more akin to being “skinny-fat”.
Your best bet to getting into good shape is first spending at least the next 8 months working on building a platform of pure strength. Strong lifts or Rippatoes starting strength programs are perfect for this.

You will lose fat by just the weight training alone and a clean diet. Once you’ve built some decent strength in 6 months then you can add in some lite cardio. If you’re not wrecked from doing a basic strength program 3 times a week then you’re doing it wrong.

You can add in a 5 min cross training session at the end of each workout or a 30on30off sprint session on the row machine for 5 mins to get your heart and lungs working. But only at the end of your workout. But honestly stronglifts should be enough to get your heart and lungs pumping.

EDIT: also I cannot stress this enough. Stretch and foam roll everyday to avoid injuries. You’ve already tweaked your rotator cuff and if you don’t get any stretching or massage work done to relief the issue ASAP it will eventually cause you major issues as you age.

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the love of all things healthy please don’t follow this advice. It’s stupid and dangerous and a quick way to yo-yo your way into diabetes and worse eating habits.

Getting into a healthy physique and maintaining that physique require slow changes to diet and lifestyle so you don’t throw your central nervous system into chaos and have your body shutdown or get injured.

Anyone here that’s in good health will tell oh it took them a while to get into good habits and they have maintained said habits for a long time. There is no quick fix.

You’re not super fat just unfit and a novice. Looking at the stats you posted I’d say you’re more akin to being “skinny-fat”.
Your best bet to getting into good shape is first spending at least the next 8 months working on building a platform of pure strength. Strong lifts or Rippatoes starting strength programs are perfect for this.

You will lose fat by just the weight training alone and a clean diet. Once you’ve built some decent strength in 6 months then you can add in some lite cardio. If you’re not wrecked from doing a basic strength program 3 times a week then you’re doing it wrong.

You can add in a 5 min cross training session at the end of each workout or a 30on30off sprint session on the row machine for 5 mins to get your heart and lungs working. But only at the end of your workout. But honestly stronglifts should be enough to get your heart and lungs pumping.

EDIT: also I cannot stress this enough. Stretch and foam roll everyday to avoid injuries. You’ve already tweaked your rotator cuff and if you don’t get any stretching or massage work done to relief the issue ASAP it will eventually cause you major issues as you age.
I didn't share this as advice, I just shared what i did to get my results.

It definitely wasn't healthy, but op wants to lose 15lbs in 30 days. There aren't many healthy ways to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time without cutting down calories significantly or keep the burn of calories high or a combination of both.

I cut down carbs completely as well as sugar and tried to keep working out/running.

You are here talking about a 6 months, 8 months, etc. OP is not asking for long term methods, he's asking for 30 days.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't share this as advice, I just shared what i did to get my results.

It definitely wasn't healthy, but op wants to lose 15lbs in 30 days. There aren't many healthy ways to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time without cutting down calories significantly or keep the burn of calories high or a combination of both.

I cut down carbs completely as well as sugar and tried to keep working out/running.

You are here talking about a 6 months, 8 months, etc. OP is not asking for long term methods, he's asking for 30 days.
Man having been in sports and an athlete for the last 3 decades I don’t agree with anyone doing these crazy “lose x amount in x days” type of crash diet.

They are extremely unhealthy and can be down right dangerous with many persons being hospitalised due to failing organs.

Seeing as he’s a novice you should have just steered him away from such a drastic diet .... or should I say “Starvation”. People need to learn that getting into a healthy physique and maintaining said physique is a lifelong change in eating and exercise habits.

A crash diet (unless followed up with proper dieting and exercise) will only lead to more weight (fat) being gained by the individual and thus they yo-yo forever and never make any serious gains or maintain year round optimal physique. The entire health and fitness world is based upon crash dieting and fad exercises, it’s why it’s a multi trillion dollar business globally.

Best to steer movies away from such kings and get them to gain better willpower and make changes for the long term because at the end of the day this entire website is based upon the whole “improve your life for the long run” aspect.

TLDR - you’re only making things harder for novice trainees.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man having been in sports and an athlete for the last 3 decades I don’t agree with anyone doing these crazy “lose x amount in x days” type of crash diet.

They are extremely unhealthy and can be down right dangerous with many persons being hospitalised due to failing organs.

Seeing as he’s a novice you should have just steered him away from such a drastic diet .... or should I say “Starvation”. People need to learn that getting into a healthy physique and maintaining said physique is a lifelong change in eating and exercise habits.

A crash diet (unless followed up with proper dieting and exercise) will only lead to more weight (fat) being gained by the individual and thus they yo-yo forever and never make any serious gains or maintain year round optimal physique. The entire health and fitness world is based upon crash dieting and fad exercises, it’s why it’s a multi trillion dollar business globally.

Best to steer movies away from such kings and get them to gain better willpower and make changes for the long term because at the end of the day this entire website is based upon the whole “improve your life for the long run” aspect.

TLDR - you’re only making things harder for novice trainees.
I'm a former nationally ranked all American athlete and a millionaire, so?

Again, OP asked for a specific solution under certain criteria, and I provided such. You did not. I also could care less what you agree with.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Again, OP asked for a specific solution under certain criteria, and I provided such. You did not. I also could care less what you agree with.
If you could care less, then that means you care.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ROFL okay buddy, so instead of giving proper advice you would rather give him haphazard advice because it fits "his criteria" ? NO ONE in the sports and medical field that's worth their qualifications or experience would tell that to a novice trainee and would more likely guide that individual down the path where there isn't going to be the chance of creating more harm then good.

Typical "Cowboy" response mate.

M

member160292

Alright fellas, appreciate all your support here. Lost 13 lbs in over 2 months, down to 165. Gained a more solid physique and able to fit cloths I did 3 years ago before my LTR.

I'm biking to the gym 6 days a week, 5 mi R/T, and doing stronglifts
Squats - 185lb
Bench - 195
OH Press - 125

3 days rest between each segment and other days I'm doing body exercises

M

member160292

At what point do you move from Stronglifts to another program?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For 3x3?

I'd like to start cutting to get more muscle definition, could I do that for say 2 months then go back to Stronglifts?
Honestly, it’s hard to do 1 set of 3 with those lifts. Definitely advanced for a natty if you can do that. Most it’s a 1RM.

Cutting is vanity my friend. Get strong as a bull first. Then cut to your hearts content. It’s easier to maintain the muscle than to build it.

M

member160292

Honestly, it’s hard to do 1 set of 3 with those lifts. Definitely advanced for a natty if you can do that. Most it’s a 1RM.

Cutting is vanity my friend. Get strong as a bull first. Then cut to your hearts content. It’s easier to maintain the muscle than to build it.
Got it, I thought the ratios you mentioned were for 5x5...that would probably take me years.

How do you decide if you're strong enough to start cutting? BW 160lbs

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Alright fellas, appreciate all your support here. Lost 13 lbs in over 2 months, down to 165. Gained a more solid physique and able to fit cloths I did 3 years ago before my LTR.

I'm biking to the gym 6 days a week, 5 mi R/T, and doing stronglifts
Squats - 185lb
Bench - 195
OH Press - 125

3 days rest between each segment and other days I'm doing body exercises
You should have done intermittent fasting, heavy lifting and 2 days of cardio 30 mins per day max, while eating in a caloric deficit and enough protein.

I lost 30 pounds in two months, abs are made in the kitchen. When you go that hardcore with cardio your body will want to hold the fat and eat the muscle away.

Attachments