Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Look for deference, not investment

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is investment? I’ve had girls invest loads - watch my instagram for Years, convos etc lead nowhere and girls ‘invest’ very little but Sleep with me. In my experience, in this texting era, investment means nothing as girls will talk to hundreds of men just to get attention.
What can’t be faked is a woman lowering her status when in contact with you aka DEFERENCE. Women are highly attuned to social status and will never lower their status to a man they consider beta. They may be superficially polite but their body language and behaviour will be closed and aloof. So the number 1 sign a woman considers you alpha is deference. Can you get away with things other guys can’t - acting arrogant/c0cky, disagreeing with her, lazy replies, typos, borderline disrespect, feet on table/man spreading, not opening the doors, posting other women, showing little reciprocation, escalating fast, she doesn’t challenge your grandiosity or absurd views, you can pull out your phone on the date but she wouldn’t dare to etc? If you can, then you’re special to her and she’s in your frame seeing you as the higher status individual. Even the coldest women act like groupies around men they consider high status. Can you act like her boss does at work? Like the highest status individual in her world? Or does she care more about her bosses opinion of her than yours?

Does her behaviour and the image presented signal ‘I really care about your opinion of me’ or ‘I don’t care and can take it or leave it’. This is the ultimate question and can be detected within seconds of chatting to her. Women bang men they respect on a deep biological instinctual level. Women don’t respect most men in this way. A woman’s respect for a man is primarily based on her assessment of his social status (which is composed of factors like his looks, talents, style and behaviour etc).

investment has nothing to do with her respect for a man, anyone that has had quick sex with a girl on spring break or a club will attest to that (but those women will act deferential within seconds of approaching them)

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
I don't think you understand what investment means. It's emotional investment or basically how much effort she puts into being with you because she really likes you.

Having a one night stand doesn't require investment and merely talking doesn't either, but it seems you take it as such when it's not. Now, if she gives a sh!t about giving you a good time and goes out of her way to do so, that's some serious investment.

investment has nothing to do with her respect for a man
Hard disagree, if she's invested she will have a great amount of respect.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Op, watching your Instagram for years signifies investing loads...lol that bad? Take your fake arrogant pretender bs somewhere else.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Investment is so important that I'm not going to get into it because it should be known by now. The more you get a woman to invest emotionally, financially, energetically, mentally and with her time, the more she is going to feel obligated to stay with you for the long run/forever. It took me some time to realize this myself..

Investment is also not something you LOOK for, but rather that comes from making the right moves and giving her the right opportunities to allow her to invest time and energy into you.

You also showed 0 examples of real investment from a woman.. "watching your IG" is not an investment.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Compliance actually is the defining issue. Not deference, not investment.

A female may put you on a pedestal, she may commit time and energy and sacrifice her vulnerability. But, does she do what you want (within reason)?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Compliance actually is the defining issue. Not deference, not investment.

A female may put you on a pedestal, she may commit time and energy and sacrifice her vulnerability. But, does she do what you want (within reason)?
Bingo

OP a chick checking your story is not investment I know women who have been checking my snapchat stories for a decade and these are girls I know from social circles I use to be part of or girls that I talked to and it went nowhere.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not investment fellas it’s deference.
Rollo even has an article about alpha deference. It’s biological how women act around men they respect.
You think if a her ideal celebrity comes in the picture he needs to worry about making her invest? She’s automatically going to put him on a pedestal. attraction is all about having the ‘halo effect’. It’s true investment and deference come hand in hand but you can’t expect a girl you barely know to start investing in you when she has 1000 guys hitting her up. What you need to do is create a halo effect and make her see you as a superior being. Any man can ask a girl to invest into him (and get rejected) but what most men struggle to do is make a woman VIEW him as the best option. Asking someone to invest early on will make them run for the hills, the investment comes later on.
And yes if someone goes out their way to watch your stories above other mens and does it consistently for years on end, it’s a form of investment. But because the ‘halo effort’ has faded the investment won’t convert.
And if you don’t think watching insta stories is a form of investment tell me would you be happy if your gf or wife was watching another man’s stories with more frequency and speed than yours over years? He’s monopolising her attention and thus interest.
early pua techniques were all focused on creating the halo effect through peacocking, boldness etc

Last edited:

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry OP wouldnt agree here. Deference means courteous and respectful. I would be very very careful with a woman showing deference, very careful.

Women show deference to a man, not because the like him or respect him, it’s to soften the man up, get information from him and confuse him. That way, when the time his ripe, they pull the rug out from out from under him and destroy. I’ve experienced it in the most dramatic fashion.

The most important thing, in 2023, is if a woman INITIATES. She is initiates, she is interested.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry OP wouldnt agree here. Deference means courteous and respectful. I would be very very careful with a woman showing deference, very careful.

Women show deference to a man, not because the like him or respect him, it’s to soften the man up, get information from him and confuse him. That way, when the time his ripe, they pull the rug out from out from under him and destroy. I’ve experienced it in the most dramatic fashion.

The most important thing, in 2023, is if a woman INITIATES. She is initiates, she is interested.
deference to me isnt being ‘nice’ it’s her putting you on a pedestal..emotionally
Not all women initiate. Most don’t. But if she does it’s a great sign.

I have also had women initiate just to get attention or string me along. Specifically women with cluster b tendencies - narcissists etc who ‘need’ to feel they could ‘get you’ for their own self esteem

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So me being polite and agreeing with coworkers to avoid drama is beta?